Brandon browner contract numbers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Brandon browner contract numbers

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4760347/closer-look-at-browners-contract?ex_cid=espnapi_public

The Patriots signed cornerback Brandon Browner to a three-year contract, and here are the specific details, which add important context:

Total value: $12.35 million
    Maximum value: $16.8 million
    Signing bonus: $0

Base: $1 million (guaranteed)
    Offseason workout bonus: $250,000
    Roster bonus: $500,000 for making the 53-man roster at any point during the season (just has to be on it for one day and he sees this)
    Second roster bonus: $150,000 per game he's on the 46-man roster
    Playtime incentives: Up to $1.25 million

Base: $1.9 million
    Roster bonus: $2 million (90-man roster at start of league year)
    Second roster bonus: $100,000 per game he’s on the 46-man roster
    Playtime incentives: Up to $500,000 ($250k for 75 percent playing time; another $250k for 85 percent playing time)

Base: $1.9 million
    Roster bonus: $2 million (90-man roster at start of league year)
    Second roster bonus: $100,000 per game he’s on the 46…
    Playtime incentives: Up to $500,000 ($250k for 75 percent playing time; another $250k for 85 percent playing time)

QUICK-HIT THOUGHTS: From a team perspective, the guaranteed financial commitment is just $1 million (base salary for 2014). Everything else Browner earns will be based on performance and participation in the offseason program. A key marker in the contract is the $2 million roster/option bonus for Browner if he’s on the 90-man roster at the start of the 2015 league year. This contract is a bit different from the norm because of Browner's suspension, which, based on the language and clauses of the contract, was clearly a consideration in negotiating the deal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Re: Brandon browner contract numbers

That's as good as it gets in terms of contracts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogogopats. Show gogogopats's posts

Thats a good deal. Initially i was a little bit worried if we spent too much, but this is much better.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

$0 signing bonus that's the key right there. That's what makes this a great contract. No risk at all if he gets banned. This is a great deal for both sides and one where I think the Pats recognized the risk and took actions to protect themselves.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

If this kid can keep his nose clean it will be a great signing and it at least gives them some insurance if they can't resign Revis next year. Obviously he's not as good as revis but who is?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Wow, a contract that requires actually performing and meeting benchmarks!  Sort of like what we "normal" folk have to do to earn our pay!

Guaranteed contracts, IMHO, do only one thing...the player gets paid regardless of performance and we wonder if they are really trying or not. Read.. Haynesworth.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Doesn't get any better then this. BB maximizes value while minimizing risk. Revis 1 year in his prime for 25% less then his yearly value. Virtually no risk of signing him to a 4 year 50 million deal which we would certainly have to cut him and accrue a ton of dead money in 2 years.

Browner a red flag player receives an incentive based contract. I assumed 5to6 guaranteed, and for a guy who lost his starting job last year and only played half a year, I wasn't psyched about this contract. 

Edelman is only a 3 year deal which will carry him through his prime. I'm sure he received some solid guaranteed money but as he is a proven system fit, he is worth the risk despite his injury history. The biggest risk we have assumed is Lafelle and we don't know his guaranteed money yet. Probably 3 million or so?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Doesn't get any better then this. BB maximizes value while minimizing risk. Revis 1 year in his prime for 25% less then his yearly value. Virtually no risk of signing him to a 4 year 50 million deal which we would certainly have to cut him and accrue a ton of dead money in 2 years.

Browner a red flag player receives an incentive based contract. I assumed 5to6 guaranteed, and for a guy who lost his starting job last year and only played half a year, I wasn't psyched about this contract. 

Edelman is only a 3 year deal which will carry him through his prime. I'm sure he received some solid guaranteed money but as he is a proven system fit, he is worth the risk despite his injury history. The biggest risk we have assumed is Lafelle and we don't know his guaranteed money yet. Probably 3 million or so?

[/QUOTE]

What is Edelmans deal? I haven't seen it yet

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

What are the cap numbers because that's the only thing that counts. What they pay him is moot. If they avoided the big cap numbers then this is a win,win! Hopefully LaFell's numbers are as team friendly.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow, a contract that requires actually performing and meeting benchmarks!  Sort of like what we "normal" folk have to do to earn our pay!

Guaranteed contracts, IMHO, do only one thing...the player gets paid regardless of performance and we wonder if they are really trying or not. Read.. Haynesworth.

[/QUOTE]

That is exactly why BB has been ahead of the curve in not signing over priced free agents with no guarantee to fit our system, and without knowing the player, if he will even give effort after receiveing that money.

Build through the draft, sign value free agents, and when you see the opportunity to bring in some of the NFL's best at a reasonable deal, pull the trigger. Moss, Dillion, Revis etc..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I thought i read it was a 1 year deal have you seen any numbers yet?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Apologies, I was told it was a 3 year deal, but I see no info has been given yet.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Looks like Browner will at least earn around 4 million this year as long as he plays. 150k per game 2nd roster bonus os nothing to sneeze at.

He will actually make over 6 million in 2015 and 16 if he plays over 75 and 85% of the snaps.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Apologies, I was told it was a 3 year deal, but I see no info has been given yet.

[/QUOTE]

It will be interesting to see what Edelmans market value was.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I recently heard 3 years too. But I disagree with the biggest risk. I still think Edelman is the biggest risk just because of injury risk is much higher than LaFell and I'm assuming LaFell didn't get a lot guaranteed.

Btw I also disagree with the we got Revis for less than 25% comment, because he was cut regardless and not traded then restructured so unless another team was going to give him $16mil, which there are no reports saying anyone was going to give him that, really you can say they paid market value which is still the highest paid CB this year. But, that's more semantics.