***Brandon Browner is my favorite Patriots player until further notice***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

***Brandon Browner is my favorite Patriots player until further notice***

There's nothing I like more than a player with bad intentions on the football field, and the size/physicality to intimidate almost anyone.

I will call him "Mr. Brownerstone"... he's been knockin', he won't leave teams alone.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: ***Brandon Browner is my favorite Patriots player until further notice***

Ahhh, a G&R reference. Got to love it. 

We haven't had the enforcer in the backfield since Rodney. Mr. Brownerstone hopefully will deliver. To bad we can't see him until week 4.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Ahhh, a G&R reference. Got to love it. 

We haven't had the enforcer in the backfield since Rodney. Mr. Brownerstone hopefully will deliver. To bad we can't see him until week 4.

At which point, he will unleash HELL!

[object HTMLDivElement]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

There's nothing I like more than a player with bad intentions on the football field, and the size/physicality to intimidate almost anyone.

I will call him "Mr. Brownerstone"... he's been knockin', he won't leave teams alone.

[object HTMLDivElement]

This guy has me more excited than any player right now. Him coming in week 5 is going to inject new life into the defense IMO. I love his attitude of teamate or not, Im bringing it and I aint apologizing. Practice is very important. If you can duplicate the physicality of game day in practice, it goes a long way(long as you dont hurt your guys). No coincidence our offenses were much tougher in the years McGinest/Rodney/Law were here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Living in WA, I've seen a lot of Browner in a Seattle uni.  I love his game.  Yeah, he isn't a perfect cover-corner, but he is one of the best press guys going.  He also makes people pay.  I think he will thrive across from Revis.  You won't be disappointed.  If Manning wants to throw those dink and dunk screen passes all day, his WRs and RBs will be begging him to run it away from Browner.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't be excited about this guy.  The physical play he brings to the game is just what we need to be a tone setter and fire up the entire defense. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

To be honest, I'm excited about the corner tandem of Revis and Browner.  Great cover corner, intimidating press corner.  Gotta love it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

I find myself and friends talking more about Browner than Revis... which is saying something.

Revis we know is gonna show up and lock up the opposition's #1 target.

Browner may be on TE's or on #2 outside WRs, he also brings the boom and is one of the best press CBs in the league.

I cant wait to see him out there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

These two (Revis and Browner) should make this entire team better...from our front seven...to our wide receivers. I can't imagine what it must be like for those young receivers to face these two everyday, and it must make some of these young corners pay attention to how they need to play.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

If the secondary can stay healthy, the Pats are going to be VERY hard to throw on this year. 

Revis is the best corner we have had since Law, and if he gets back to his peak, he is the best this team has ever had. 

Browner brings an attitude that has been lacking since Rodney retired.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Muz was first on the bandwagon, but glad I was second on this signing. I do like Browner a lot. Finally a CB with size and toughness

Trust me, I'm an engineer!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

http://www.csnne.com/blog/patriots-talk/patriots-fun-loving-defense-gets-best-brady" rel="nofollow">http://www.csnne.com/blog/patriots-talk/patriots-fun-loving-defense-gets-best-brady" rel="nofollow">http://www.csnne.com/blog/patriots-talk/patriots-fun-loving-defense-gets-best-brady

This article speaks of yet another physical practice with the D getting the better of Brady and the O most of the day. The Enthusiasm is contagious. Revis picked 6 Brady in the shadows of his own E.Z. and was greeted by a host of defenders who celebrated while Wilfork yapped in Bradys face. These kinds of practices is what made the teams in 03/04 so good. Brady spoke about the challenges of facing Revis/Browner daily.

"They’re both great players, so when you make a mistake, they make you pay, and I think that’s the mark of a really good corner," he said. "As a quarterback, you’re always trying to find the weak link in the defense, and neither of those guys are weak links. Sometimes, we’ve got to go after them, [and] we’ve got to try to see if we can make a play. But like I said, if you miss a little bit, they end making the play. It’s great work for us, and you understand what you’re up against."

Soon after Revis' pick, Rob Ninkovich, Devn McCourty and Tommy Kelly helped to snuff out a goal-line run by Stevan Ridley, forcing the back behind the line of scrimmage and taking him down in a swarm. That prompted more celebrating and the entire defense unit beating its chest as one by chanting loudly in unison.

Brady explained just how competitive camp has been thus far, one week in.

"There are a lot of competitions out there, so every drill, a coach pits the offense against the defense, and when we review the film at night there’s one side that’s getting praise and the other side is getting the opposite.

"You want to be the one who gets praised all the time, but in situations like this, it all kind of balances out. The defense makes a lot of good plays out there and we make our fair share. Hopefully when we play a different opponent, both of us are clicking the way we need to."

I cant wait till we practice against the Skins who have a physical guy in Garcon and a feisty competitor in D.Jack. I just hope we come out w/no injuries because its gonna get nasty.

"A lot of bookies are probably mad at us right now, but we don't give a damn, ... We're the champs!!"

Ty Law after his team defeated the Rams in SB 36.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

I find myself and friends talking more about Browner than Revis... which is saying something.

Revis we know is gonna show up and lock up the opposition's #1 target.

Browner may be on TE's or on #2 outside WRs, he also brings the boom and is one of the best press CBs in the league.

I cant wait to see him out there.

I find that also. However, I think it's due to Revis being such a known commodity. People just 'expect' he's going to lock down half the field, anything less would be a disappointment to most.

Browner, however, offers more of a mystery. He was part of the LOB. Part of a SB champ. Part of the best secondary in the NFL. He plays a style we have always loved in NE. And he's BIG!

Matthew Slater and Chandler Jones remain my favorites. Slater because I like patting myself on the back...I was calling him the best gunner in football BEFORE he ever made the Pro Bowl. He's a freakin wizard out there.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

having a solid, healthy secondary for the regular season and playoffs is going to be huge for us this year - very excited.  The biggest concern that I have on defense this year is the pass rush; especially in games where the Patriots offense gets shut down (for whatever reason).  If opposing qbs have time to throw, it ain't gonna matter who we've got in the secondary.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Love what the new guys bring to the table...  Mike R. says Hightower is playing very hard too.

I think we are going to see a top 10 defense AT LAST !

I love the New England Patriots, but i am not a fanatic. I want the team to win games the right way, playing good football. I demand the best from the players and the organization, because i support them the best way i can.          ISAAC ANDREU

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Who here wasn't just hoping for the defense to get better but to be intimidating also?

I love a defense that scares the cr*p out of offenses, not just 'cause they're good but because they're nasty too.

I want to see a little attitude.  Not just a bunch of trash talkers but a group that knows they can do it without the talk.  Although a little trash-talk wouldn't hurt I guess.  I'm not big on it but some fans like that kind of thing.

I will be very disappointed if this defense isn't one of the best in the league and I think the only thing that can keep that from becoming a reality is injuries.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Browner will be a fan favorite but Revis is easily the more valuable player. Even when he is not intercepting or knocking down a ball he is making it impossible to complete a pass. THey may not throw his way much at all this year and there will be some here who dont even get that. They will note a player with more hits or more picks. But Revis will be the most valuable.

Now lets talk about the D line! THat will make the entire secondary better. Cant wait to see Easley at full speed next to healthy Vinny, healthy Jones, healthy Kelly.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

He makes everybody better, including the Offense. Start getting the mind ready.

Sections
Shortcuts