Brandon Browner???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Brandon Browner???

I haven't read or seen anything about him.  He's talking to the media, but no word on how's he doing.  Anybody have any comments on what they've seen?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsGenius1. Show SportsGenius1's posts

Re: Brandon Browner???

He's playing in the shadow of the Island what did you expect? TB was picked by Revis twice in the first pads on practice. It should be an interesting season for the defense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

I haven't read or seen anything about him.  He's talking to the media, but no word on how's he doing.  Anybody have any comments on what they've seen?

I saw a highlight of him from Thursday in 7 on 7 red zone where he made a great knockdown on a Brady pass heading for JE11 in the back of the endzone.

I haven't heard much from him outside of that, nothing negative which is good.

Like SportsGenius said, there wont be much talk about secondary players outside of Revis. He took over camp today, apparently

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

AS long as I don't hear...Brandon Browner went down today with an apparent knee injury, I'm good. This guy is going to help us, I don't care if he doesn't get a single headline.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Browner was mentioned at ESPN Boston for breaking up a play.  BTW Revis picked Brady 2x.

I'm counting that as a plus for the Pats who dedicated the off season to rebuild the secondary. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

thanks for the input.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

Legion of Belichick.

http://gyazo.com/b229ee55c93d0c45e9a97973809ba41f

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Browner showing his physicality today:

Mike Reiss @MikeReiss  ·  1h Legion of Boom moment here at Patriots camp as CB Brandon Browner de-cleats rookie RB James White as crowd roars.

Mike Reiss @MikeReiss  ·  1h After the big hit, CB Brandon Browner looked to the sky and roared with emotion. D has been practicing w/ attitude.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

From Reiss this morning:

5. The NFL is apparently going to stress a point of emphasis on defensive holding and illegal contact in 2014, and it will be interesting to see how that potentially affects the Patriots and their revamped secondary. Patriots cornerback Brandon Browner doesn’t think it will, as he noted Saturday that he expects officials to also make a point of emphasis on offensive pass interference. “I think it goes both ways, and I don’t think the game will change too much,” he said. “I’m still going to be aggressive. I’m going to force them to make the call. I’m not going to change my game.” The 6-foot-4, 221-pound Browner , who prides himself as a press corner and is tough to throw over because of his size, is off to a strong start in training camp.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Michael Giardi ‏@MikeGiardi 39m

Now Browner may have had that big hit but he got de-pantsed by both KT and Boyce at the line of scrimmage during 11 on 11s

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Browner looks tall, almost like Cromartie, and not at all like some huge beast at CB. He got beat by the very athletic Boyce today on a deep sideline pattern but still had close coverage and if not for a 3rd gear by Boyce the pass would never have been completed.

He did lay the wood to White today in the scrimmage's best hit of the day. Browner caught White with a shoulder that looked pretty innocuous at the time but White went flying. The guy lays the wood with seemingly very little effort. The guy knows how to tackle with power and efficiency

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

Browner looks tall, almost like Cromartie, and not at all like some huge beast at CB. He got beat by the very athletic Boyce today on a deep sideline pattern but still had close coverage and if not for a 3rd gear by Boyce the pass would never have been completed.

He did lay the wood to White today in the scrimmage's best hit of the day. Browner caught White with a shoulder that looked pretty innocuous at the time but White went flying. The guy lays the wood with seemingly very little effort. The guy knows how to tackle with power and efficiency

As long as nails people, they should have no problem with him getting toasted from time to time. He is going to be a very good player.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

In response to mellymel3's comment:

As long as nails people, they should have no problem with him getting toasted from time to time. He is going to be a very good player.

Yes, I agree...the ease with which he dispatched White was actually pretty hilarious!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Wonder if they will consider moving Browner to safety with McCourty . . . he could put one heck of a hit on the guys coming across the middle.

At the corners would be Revis, Dennard, Ryan, Arrington, and they can keep Swanson if he proves to be the real deal he looked in the first few days of camp.  The safeties would then be McCourty, Browner, Harmon and the 4th spot would be open with Chung, T. Wilson, Davis and Thomas in the fight.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to tenace4life's comment:

Wonder if they will consider moving Browner to safety with McCourty . . . he could put one heck of a hit on the guys coming across the middle.

At the corners would be Revis, Dennard, Ryan, Arrington, and they can keep Swanson if he proves to be the real deal he looked in the first few days of camp.  The safeties would then be McCourty, Browner, Harmon and the 4th spot would be open with Chung, T. Wilson, Davis and Thomas in the fight.

Most likely not S for Browner, but in certain sub packages I could see him at LB in place of Hightower or Mayo. Kind on a big nickle or big dime situation. Gets McCourt, Harmon, Revis, Arri gton, ryan, Browner all on the field together

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

I've heard this since we signed him and I just don't see it. Other than size he just doesn't fit the typical SS mold in his playing style. He tends to be better 1v1 as one of the better press corners in the league (I believe he was ranked right up there with Revis a couple years back) but in zone he wasn't nearly as good. He's much more suited as a press corner than as a guy who plays zone or watches for a TE/RB to release.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Browner is a physical corner and, as I've said before, I simply don't see him playing much safety here. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Most likely not S for Browner, but in certain sub packages I could see him at LB in place of Hightower or Mayo. Kind on a big nickle or big dime situation. Gets McCourt, Harmon, Revis, Arri gton, ryan, Browner all on the field together

I think the Patriots will do as they always do and that's come up with a game plan that fits who they are playing. They do face a lot of big receivers where Browner does well against. He has a problem with covering small fast receivers. So in certain game plans they might choose to have him covering the TEs. They also have Collins who can cover the TEs. This could also give them more flexibility in how they want to use Collins. I can't wait to see how it unfolds. Either way is fine with me as long as the D is giving the Patriot's offense the ball after 3rd down.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

I hope he plays his true position which is safety, he's actually a hybrid cb/s he can do both watching film.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

I see a lot of versatility in the Defensive backfield, depending on Opponent. You can be able to take out a LB or Linebackers, and match up better with quicker and stronger DB's. on certain situations, especially in 3rd downs.
    Collins is going to be a huge factor, at least that's what I saw going to end of last year. Now he has to take next step. He matches up good to TE's, and that's what NFL is trying to do. Mismatches against smaller DB'S.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to GO47's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

I think the Patriots will do as they always do and that's come up with a game plan that fits who they are playing. They do face a lot of big receivers where Browner does well against. He has a problem with covering small fast receivers. So in certain game plans they might choose to have him covering the TEs. They also have Collins who can cover the TEs. This could also give them more flexibility in how they want to use Collins. I can't wait to see how it unfolds. Either way is fine with me as long as the D is giving the Patriot's offense the ball after 3rd down.

Ding ding ding! Winner winner chicken dinner!

I agree.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to xxcodyfxx's comment:

I hope he plays his true position which is safety, he's actually a hybrid cb/s he can do both watching film.

he's nothing close to a safety. Doesn't have the speed to cover the field. he's actually known for not having those traits.

he excels in the 5 yard contact area which a CB would get to do every play.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

If the Pat's play an oversized wide receiver you'll see Browner lining up at corner, this is something they did with Rodney Harrison (Terrell Owens/Super Bowl) and prior with Milloy.  If we play a team with a bunch of average to small receivers and strong run game I'll bet you cash money Browner is playing strong safety/linebacker.  

I'm sure BB has plans for Browner beyond simply lining him up at corner.  We have two physical corners already in Revis and Dennard for average sized receivers and I'm fairly certain BB doesn't care about job titles, he cares about match-ups and creating mismatches.

Sections
Shortcuts