Brandon Coleman

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Brandon Coleman

Still there... many on this forum liked him coming to the Pats... 9 more picks until the Pats are on the clock.  Any chance getting him in rnd 6?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: Brandon Coleman

Better pick IMHO would be McCullers if he is still there … It's highly likely Kelly is gone after this year and who knows with Vince.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I think he's an option, yeah.  If I had my pick at WR at #179, I'd go with Jared Abbrederis, due to his route running and ability to seperate and catch the football.  He's not a homerun threat, but looks like a kid that could potentially become a trusted target for TB fairly quickly and move the sticks on a consistent basis.

A sleeper pick at WR could be Louisville's Damian Copeland.  BB loves him some speed and quicks and this kid had the best 3C (6.53) of any WR at the combine and 2nd best time overall, to go along with a 3.90 SS (the 2nd best of any player at the combine, behind Cooks)and 4.50 40.

Or maybe a Michael Campanaro... who looks a lot like WW... good burst off the line, very good in the short area... shows the savvy to get open vs. zone... also a tought, productive kid.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

And they take a freaking OG in Jon Halapio with Coleman begging to be picked here.

Hell, take a flier on Colt Lyerla here, Jon Halapio????????

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

And they take a freaking OG in Jon Halapio with Coleman begging to be picked here.

TFB complains about a 6th round draft pick.  Color me shocked.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:

TFB complains about a 6th round draft pick.  Color me shocked.

Of course I will complain about a 6thround draft when there are some guys to grab and the Pats take Joe Hippo over them.

Just shoot this patriots draft already, put it out of it's misery.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

I see that the safety spot is pretty good , and we have a great TE corps 

BB draft plan is just weird

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bustify. Show Bustify's posts

TFB is having an absolute meltdown. Seriously, this is getting out of hand.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

At a minimum he is creating some good training camp competition along the O-line.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

I feel your pain TFB. I was hoping for a red zone target but the interior OL also needed some help. There's still work to be done for a big red zone threat but the Pats' roster won't be a finished product until late summer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to m. a. pat's comment:

I feel your pain TFB. I was hoping for a red zone target but the interior OL also needed some help. There's still work to be done for a big red zone threat but the Pats' roster won't be a finished product until late summer.

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 52s

Florida guard Jon Halapio is 6-foot-3 1/2 and 323 pounds. Has low durability grade from Scouts Inc. based on injuries.

Tom E. Curran ‏@tomecurran 8m

Halapio tied for lowest-vertical jump among OL at the NFL Combine. 21-1.5 inches. Pats liked fact he's well-grounded.

This guy sounds great!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Bustify's comment:

TFB is having an absolute meltdown. Seriously, this is getting out of hand.

Yeah, it sucks watching the team make some of these picks.  BB not listening to the scouting team again???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Gotta protect the franchise... TB was sacked (40) times in 2013... the most since 2001 (41).  They're clearly looking to become bigger and more powerful up front.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

Gotta protect the franchise... TB was sacked (40) times in 2013... the most since 2001 (41).  They're clearly looking to become bigger and more powerful up front.

This guy is going to protect the franchise?  But he struggles in pass protection.  Good run blocker though and a strong guy. 

Here is more...

Can drive block and is effective when he has an angle. Functional anchor. Provides adequate three-step drop protection.

Tightly wound -- struggles reacting to movement, changing direction and recovering. Does not generate power through his hips. Poor contact balance. Empties the chamber with initial punch and cannot recoil. Hands and feet do not work in unison. Opens the gate in pass protection. Unsudden to clear his feet and pull. Limited blocking range. Tied for the lowest vertical jump (21 1/2) of any offensive lineman at the combine.

Yikes.

What do you have on the guy MB?

Yikes. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

Gotta protect the franchise... TB was sacked (40) times in 2013... the most since 2001 (41).  They're clearly looking to become bigger and more powerful up front.

We've seen the OL get pushed around and dominated for the last few years in the playoffs against the better teams. Nothing wrong with adding some size and strength at that position.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

Florida guard Jon Halapio is 6-foot-3 1/2 and 323 pounds. Has low durability grade from Scouts Inc. based on injuries.

Halapio tied for lowest-vertical jump among OL at the NFL Combine. 21-1.5 inches. Pats liked fact he's well-grounded.

This guy sounds great!

An olineman who can't dunk? WTH?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to Cyberknot's comment:

This guy sounds great!

[/QUOTE]

An olineman who can't dunk? WTH?

[/QUOTE]

Its terrible! Their charity basketball team is gonna suck now!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:

Speaking of charity basketball... I heard Revis recently played in one with some other Patriot players.  Please Patriots, put a clause in the contract that says no charity basketball games are allowed to be played by players.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Speaking of charity basketball... I heard Revis recently played in one with some other Patriot players.  Please Patriots, put a clause in the contract that says no charity basketball games are allowed to be played by players.

I read that too. I wouldn't worry about that though, he'd have a better chance getting injured grocery shopping. Those games are just for fun and the kids.  I remember going to one when I was a kid and Doug Flutie was trying to hit 3 pointers from the back row of the stands haha

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I read that too. I wouldn't worry about that though, he'd have a better chance getting injured grocery shopping. Those games are just for fun and the kids.  I remember going to one when I was a kid and Doug Flutie was trying to hit 3 pointers from the back row of the stands haha

I have been to a few over the years, they are fun to watch.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Go get Coleman now.

Ready, set, go!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

This guy sounds great!

Do you really think that the vertical jumping ability for an offensive guard means anything-really?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Saints signed him after the draft.

Sections
Shortcuts