Brandon Deaderick Vs. Terrance Cody

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Brandon Deaderick Vs. Terrance Cody

When the 2010 draft concluded I posted here that a friend of mine (who is an Alabama alumni and goes to every Tide game) telephoned me and said New England got a steal in Brandon Deaderick. He told me that he felt Deaderick would go on to have a better pro career than Terrence "Mount" Cody also of Alabama. Now I am not saying that Deaderick has been a steal or even a better player, but with the recent rise in his performance I went and researched Terrence "Man Boobs" Cody (ok he got a couple nicknames haha) performance and found that up to know its been about a wash. Cody has 27 more tackles but has played 10 more games due to Deadericks injuries. Also, as we know it is difficult to judge a DT's performance by stats. It should be noted that both DT's have the luxury of playing next to two of the best NT's in the game to Ngata and Big Vince who draw double teams seemingly making life a little easier when they are in the game at the same time. Career stats:

Cody-        GP-44, GS-20, TKLS-72, Sacks-0, FF-0, PD-2                                                 

Deaderick- GP-34, GS-14, TKLS-45, Sacks-5, FF-2, PD-1

So although Cody might have more tackes in 10 extra games, Deaderick has 7 impact plays (Sacks + FF) to Codys 0.

As we all know Cody was a 2nd round pick signing a 4 year $3.385 million dollar contract. Deaderick was a 7th round pick who signed a 4 year $1.83 million dollar deal.

I guess it was just another good 7th round pick by BB. Not sure if Cody is having an impact at all cause I dont watch the Ravens games. Anybody else know?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Re: Brandon Deaderick Vs. Terrance Cody

For a late round pick Deaderick is a good example of why I believe BB is a good GM. Still, I am not a big fan of Deaderick. I beleive we need to upgrade DT as well as start to train Vinny's eventual replacement.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'll tell you what - as soon as Deaderick got here you could see he had talent. I remember him during that first preseason and he was the only guy (outside of Wilfork) that not only stood his ground, but moved the pile or blocker forward. Real stout. When he came back from that injury last year, he was played at both end spots and was maybe the best pass rusher on the field that night. A scout (I read this over the summer) was sitting in the stands this preseason and said Deaderick is a better player than Love...I agree 100%.

He got suspended his rookie season (which is not good) and he got in trouble at Alabama too, so hopefully he has put all that behind him and grown up.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I worry more about upshaw then I do coty. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

yah Upshaw is a better player but you would have to compare him to Hightower draftwise I would think. Cody and Deadrick came out  in 2010 one was a 2nd rounder one was a 7th rounder. Hightower and upshaw both came out this year and went wtihin 10 picks of each other.

Sections
Shortcuts