Brandon Deadrick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

Brandon Deadrick

Pro Football Focus had this to say about him against the Dolphins: "DE Brandon Deaderick (+2.2) made a serious case for more playing time and looked immovable at the end spot."

We picked him up in the seventh, but some scouting reports had him going as high as the second or third round. Hopefully he can develop into another late round BB steal and give Wilfork some help on the D-line.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Re: Brandon Deadrick

I wasn't able to see the game because I was pursuing a new love interest, but he's one of the players I was excited about all offseason. I heard he was double teamed and was a non factor the entire time he played monday. It's definitely a good sign if he's forcing double teams, though. I also wasn't able to see or record the game so I'm just going off of reports from who knows where.

The D-line is definitely better than I expected it to be this year. It seems like every player that was a question mark has played fairly well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Don't know him, I'll keep an eye out for this guy, hopefully thereport is on to something.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

Yea I saw that same article--nice how much press most of the Pat's rookies got in that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

yeah i've been high on him since we drafted him...word was that he had at least 4th round type talent but he had injury issues (and getting shot) during his senior year at alabama. but he has ideal size for the position and he was in saban's defense for four years so he should be prepared. i'm glad he's working his way into the lineup...i think by the end of the year he will be considered a very pleasant surprise.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

That he was a "project" and is already getting playing time bodes well for us.  He played well, I had to check the roster when I saw his number, with him and brace playing and hopefully improving it seems likely we won't have to use a #1 pick on another defensive tackle next season... but I won't discount it either.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Hobo....how dare you have a life outside of this board and the 3 hours the Pats play.  LOL!

Good for you hope it works outCool

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Deadrick:
    That he was a "project" and is already getting playing time bodes well for us.  He played well, I had to check the roster when I saw his number, with him and brace playing and hopefully improving it seems likely we won't have to use a #1 pick on another defensive tackle next season... but I won't discount it either.
    Posted by wozzy

I'm kinda hoping the use Oak's pick on a DLman. The top 3 DL this year look great. Seymour like. If trading Seymour gets us another young Seymour while making our DL a position of depth with Deadrick and Brace rotating on situational plays then I would say they have set themselves up for another 5 year SB run.

Honestly looking at the team I don't know another position you would take that high. W don't need an elite RB, just one to compliment BJGE which you can find in the 2nd or 3rd. WR looks pretty good depending on how they feel about Price. I never recommend spending high picks on G's, C's or LB's unless you trade back to the early to mid teens and grab a couple more picks. I think we're good at CB with Bodden coming back next year and S looks good enough to not spend high. QB and TE are set so that basically leaves T. I don't like the idea of going that high for a tackle when in reality I think Vollmer is our future LT and you can find a very good to great RT in the late 1st early 2nd. I think it either has to be DL or trade back for a couple more picks and grab a DE/OLB tweener in the early to late teens

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Deadrick : I'm kinda hoping the use Oak's pick on a DLman. The top 3 DL this year look great. Seymour like. If trading Seymour gets us another young Seymour while making our DL a position of depth with Deadrick and Brace rotating on situational plays then I would say they have set themselves up for another 5 year SB run. Honestly looking at the team I don't know another position you would take that high. W don't need an elite RB, just one to compliment BJGE which you can find in the 2nd or 3rd. WR looks pretty good depending on how they feel about Price. I never recommend spending high picks on G's, C's or LB's unless you trade back to the early to mid teens and grab a couple more picks. I think we're good at CB with Bodden coming back next year and S looks good enough to not spend high. QB and TE are set so that basically leaves T. I don't like the idea of going that high for a tackle when in reality I think Vollmer is our future LT and you can find a very good to great RT in the late 1st early 2nd. I think it either has to be DL or trade back for a couple more picks and grab a DE/OLB tweener in the early to late teens
    Posted by PatsEng

I agree with everything but if we can get a mauler offensive tackle we may take him.  The chance of sneaking another Vollmer thru the draft is slim but another beast on the opposite side opens up our tightends to create havoc.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Deadrick : I agree with everything but if we can get a mauler offensive tackle we may take him.  The chance of sneaking another Vollmer thru the draft is slim but another beast on the opposite side opens up our tightends to create havoc.
    Posted by wozzy

I guess it depends on how you view Vollmer. Like I said most RT aren't taken early and you can find the best in the lte 1st early 2nd. If you thik Vollmer is best suited as a RT then you almost have to grab a beast LT early.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Well now that we have 2 picks in each of the 1st Four Rounds(HOLYSHITE)) I would say you may both be correct. A stud LT and a stud DT or DE/OLB. Although Cunningham looked aggressive in the game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Yet another sign that the drafts over the past two years have been tremendous.  With all of the high picks we have next year, if we even draft half as well next year we will be loaded with talent in a lot of places.  This is why I'm not going to panic about anything this year.

The writing is on the wall.  We're going to have a powerhouse of a team next year and for several years after that.  Just sit back and enjoy watching the new talent emerge.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

What I'd love to see, no trades involved:

Oak 1st: DE Bailey - A Miami U player, BB seems to like them, that is an athletic freak. At 6-4 and around 290 he's a sub 4.8 40 runner that has a ton of moves to beat blockers. He's also 1 of 4 nominated for the Lott trophy. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's the trophy given out to the top D player who exhibits Integrity, Maturity, Performance, Academics, Community and Tenacity. Sounds like a BB guy huh?

Our 1st: I thinking it's going to be a late pick #32 in particular. With Koppen getting older who better to train and take over then G/C Mike Pouncey? He's huge at 6-4 310 and still has average speed. The best part is he can also play G. That means he can start at RG for a couple years while Koppen trains him to take over.

Car 2nd: OLB Beal/Herzlich - Cunningham broke the ice for pass rushers and lets face it TBC isn't an every down OLB and neither will Nonkovich no matter how good a story it is. If somehow we get lucky and Beal should fall to the early 2nd the scoop him up quick. He's the prototypical size BB looks for in a OLB with some nice rushing skills. The only reason he'd drop is because he's to large for most teams to want at OLB but to small for a DE position. If Beal isn't there then how about a local boy in Herzlich? I know he's undersized for our OLB but his heart is huge and before bone cancer was well on his way to being a top 15 pick.

Our 2nd: OT Brewer - A RT that had issues with injuries. He's a sleeper waiting to happen. A 1st round talent but a gamble with injuries. However at 6'8" 330lb he has surprisingly quick feet and good hands. With Vollmer at LT and him at RT it would be hard to come around the edges.

Vikings 3rd: RB Allen - He's large and fast with average cutting ability. Provided Woodhead and BJGE continues to develope this would be a 3 headed beast of power, quickness, and just plan tough running.

Our 3rd: C/G Boren might be a bit of a reach but another player that can go G or C will give some flexibility to where Boren or Pouncey best fit.

For the rest take your pick though I wouldn't mind trading a couple of those 4ths into 3rds for 2012

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

this guy was a stud at alabama, and with time will become better and get more playing time

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

What I'd love to see, no trades involved: Oak 1st: DE Bailey - A Miami U player, BB seems to like them, that is an athletic freak. At 6-4 and around 290 Sounds like a BB guy huh?
    Posted by PatsEng

No he doesn't...  To light to play the 3/4 unless he can bulk up, sounds more like a 4/3 end...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Deadrick : I agree with everything but if we can get a mauler offensive tackle we may take him.  The chance of sneaking another Vollmer thru the draft is slim but another beast on the opposite side opens up our tightends to create havoc.
    Posted by wozzy

I love the idea of a top quality LT.  

Sections
Shortcuts