Brandon Gibson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Brandon Gibson

NFL.com reports free agent Brandon Gibson is drawing strong interest, and could end up in the AFC East.The St. Louis Post-Dispatch recently reported there is a "fair amount of interest" in the 6-foot-0, 205-pound wideout, who is coming off a career year. All four AFC East teams have major needs at receiver, though the Jets are unlikely to have the money for Gibson, who would ideally be a No. 3 receiver. Gibson is a strong-handed red-zone threat, but prone to mental mistakes.

Another McDaniels favorite possibly?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Brandon Gibson

I will take any help but I would refrain from taking any more of Joshy's old prospects. I think the whole "knowing the system" thing is overated. Not saying I wouldnt take a look at him but I want guys to come here because they can play, fit into our plans financially, not because they played under the great "Josh McDaniels"

I mean lets really think about it...  Joshy got promoted to OC, we all know what happened in 07. Joshy gets a lot of credit for playcalling but really that was Brady to Moss magic more than anything but by december teams had already caught on and we were struggling to score by seasons end and only put up 14 pts in SB. Joshy gets courted , goes to Denver. Flava of the month, gets a huge win vs old pats team while utilizing similar offense and next year, the team s*cks and he is run out of town. He goes to St.Louis where 2nd year man , Bradford is coming off a promising rookie season in which started with him tearing up our Pats in preseason. What happens,??  Bradford regresses and the Rams S*ck that year and Bradford puts up horrible numbers and Joshy is allowed to just leave and walk back into the Pats locker room before the start of playoffs and is used as a consultant to O'Brien and then we stink up another SB!  What is the fascination with this man who is a one year wonder and destroys everything he touches???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Mental mistakes will give you gray hair the quickest as a coach. He also has the dropsies.

Hmm so he's dumb and is less than sure handed?

I'm thinking nope.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

NO THANKS!  I am starting to question McDaniels.  I mean really, Lloyd has not panned out and a guy who drafts Tim Tebow in the first round???? Not sure I trust his talent judgement.  After all, he did try and put Edelman in Welkers spot last season for crying out loud!  I don't want any new players who have a Josh McD connection!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

NO THANKS!  I am starting to question McDaniels.  I mean really, Lloyd has not panned out and a guy who drafts Tim Tebow in the first round???? Not sure I trust his talent judgement.  After all, he did try and put Edelman in Welkers spot last season for crying out loud!  I don't want any new players who have a Josh McD connection!!

He drafted Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker.  And Lloyd did put up 900 yards which is pretty good considering all the mouths to feed in this offense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

He drafted Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker.  And Lloyd did put up 900 yards which is pretty good considering all the mouths to feed in this offense.

...exactly and not just that but I believe it was technically Hernandez who started over Welker lining up in the slot while Edleman lined up outside opposite Lloyd.

...in that formation it makes sense as Edelman is taller, faster, and a better blocker.

That is not a knock on Welker as I love the guy.

In fact I have never bought into Welker being a product of the Patriots or Brady as far as him being a great player. The total "amount" of his production, sure. ...but not the quality of player.

The fact is that Welker generated .67 catches per target in 2006 with a less than steller combination of Cleo Lemon, Daunte Culpepper, and Joey Harrington throwing to him down in Miami. Wes generated the exact same .67 catches per target last season(2012) with TB throwing to him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

I will take any help but I would refrain from taking any more of Joshy's old prospects. I think the whole "knowing the system" thing is overated. Not saying I wouldnt take a look at him but I want guys to come here because they can play, fit into our plans financially, not because they played under the great "Josh McDaniels"

I mean lets really think about it...  Joshy got promoted to OC, we all know what happened in 07. Joshy gets a lot of credit for playcalling but really that was Brady to Moss magic more than anything but by december teams had already caught on and we were struggling to score by seasons end and only put up 14 pts in SB. Joshy gets courted , goes to Denver. Flava of the month, gets a huge win vs old pats team while utilizing similar offense and next year, the team s*cks and he is run out of town. He goes to St.Louis where 2nd year man , Bradford is coming off a promising rookie season in which started with him tearing up our Pats in preseason. What happens,??  Bradford regresses and the Rams S*ck that year and Bradford puts up horrible numbers and Joshy is allowed to just leave and walk back into the Pats locker room before the start of playoffs and is used as a consultant to O'Brien and then we stink up another SB!  What is the fascination with this man who is a one year wonder and destroys everything he touches???

triple i have deconstructed josh as oc all over the board. few (if any) have spoken up similarly. nice to read someone can see some of what i see.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

lloyd had 70 catches in his first year....hasnt worked out? cmon..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

While that might be a lil bit over the top and harshbut the general point I certainly agree with.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

lloyd had 70 catches in his first year....hasnt worked out? cmon..

He had a pretty good year but not a great one by any means.  Certainly he didn't work out the way the Patriots needed him to.  He certainly was not much of a deep threat, he really wasn't an impact player and his stats werent much more impressive then Deion Branches stats of 2011.  Looks like Lloyd will be going bye-bye after 1 season so yes, I would say he didn't work out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Lets worry about resigning WELKER and a better #1 like Wallace or Jennings instead of picking up St L's junk....or better yet, just resign WELKER and load UP on defense!   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Neither of those guys did anything in their first two years they were there.  I give more credit to Manning for their 2012 numbers then anything.  With Manning as QB he will get the receivers the ball. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:

Lets worry about resigning WELKER and a better #1 like Wallace or Jennings instead of picking up St L's junk....or better yet, just resign WELKER and load UP on defense!   

I hear you loud and clear!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Neither of those guys did anything in their first two years they were there.  I give more credit to Manning for their 2012 numbers then anything.  With Manning as QB he will get the receivers the ball. 

Come on man. Don't be like that. It was a decent point.

Both Decker and Thomas had avg yards per catch in their 2nd year greater than any Patriot WR this year had.

...but more importantly if you think they are nothing and it's all just Peyton Manning and a good QB will get a nothing WR the ball then why are you so hoping the Pats keep Wes?

Don't you think TB is good enough to "get" any WR the ball and have them have over 1000 yards receiving just like you are suggesting Peyton did with BOTH Decker AND Thomas?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

Both Decker and Thomas had avg yards per catch in their 2nd year greater than any Patriot WR this year had.

...but more importantly if you think they are nothing and it's all just Peyton Manning and a good QB will get a nothing WR the ball then why are you so hoping the Pats keep Wes?

Don't you think TB is good enough to "get" any WR the ball and have them have over 1000 yards receiving just like you are suggesting Peyton did with BOTH Decker AND Thomas?

Good question!!!  But of course I have the answer!!! 

The people being tossed around to take Welkers spot is Edelman and Amendola.  The problem is neither of these guys can stay on the field long enough for TFB to work with them.  If Amendola could stay on the field then I would have no problem with him taking over for Welker.  Matter of fact, before the 2011 season I was calling him Welker 2.0.  Then he got hurt and was out all of 2011.  Then he came back last year and got hurt a couple times, out for a big part of the season.  As for Edelman, he hasn't played a complete season since he has been a Patriot.  Not only that, Edelman is nowhere the talent as Decker and Thomas.  You can only do so much with a guy.  Edelman has many flaws in my opinion, som on here don't agree but he just has a hard time getting open.  Can't adjust to a deeper ball, can't get seperation. 

No doubt Brady has made a living with great success throwing to small name, less talented guys but they gotta have some skill and be able to stay on the field. Edelman was a QB, he didn't play receiver a lot so he is way behind "real receivers" and he can't stay on the field.  Amendola is a china receiver, he can't take the hits a slot guy is expected to take. 

So there is a huge difference in comparing Decker and Thomas to Edelman and Amendola.  So there is your answer!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

If I was looking for a #3 WR I'd much rather take a chance on Nelson then Gidson. Bigger, better hands, less mental mistake but that's just my opinion

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Ditto Eng...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

. My biggest problem with Lloyd is that he had great difficulty gaining separation and forced TB to throw into tight coverage.  Even here Lloyd disappointed by not fighting for ball possession or at least preventing a defender from intercepting. When Lloyd did catch the ball he didn't show a determination to go for YAC. Just imagine if we had a WR who could routinely gain separation and would stretch for YAC! Perhaps then Welker wouldn't have to be relied on so much.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

The people being tossed around to take Welkers spot is Edelman and Amendola.  The problem is neither of these guys can stay on the field long enough for TFB to work with them.  If Amendola could stay on the field then I would have no problem with him taking over for Welker.  Matter of fact, before the 2011 season I was calling him Welker 2.0.  Then he got hurt and was out all of 2011.  Then he came back last year and got hurt a couple times, out for a big part of the season.  As for Edelman, he hasn't played a complete season since he has been a Patriot.  Not only that, Edelman is nowhere the talent as Decker and Thomas.  You can only do so much with a guy.  Edelman has many flaws in my opinion, som on here don't agree but he just has a hard time getting open.  Can't adjust to a deeper ball, can't get seperation. 

No doubt Brady has made a living with great success throwing to small name, less talented guys but they gotta have some skill and be able to stay on the field. Edelman was a QB, he didn't play receiver a lot so he is way behind "real receivers" and he can't stay on the field.  Amendola is a china receiver, he can't take the hits a slot guy is expected to take. 

So there is a huge difference in comparing Decker and Thomas to Edelman and Amendola.  So there is your answer!

good post TFB. Couldnt agree more

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

good post TFB. Couldnt agree more

Thanks, man!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

That is not an answer because you changed the premise of the question that you initiated.

You were the one saying Decker and Thomas were nothing and it was all Peyton as the reason they had any success.

If Thomas and Decker are nothing BUT far superior to Edelman and Amendola then Edelman and Amendola must be complete garbage.

...and more importantly if Edlemn is then complete garbage then why were you calling for him prior to 2011 as Welker 2.0?

You really don't see the consistency flaws in this argument?

It just seemed disingenuous of you when you originally stated that McD didn't deserve credit for drafting Decker and Thomas because they were nothing players. There was really nothing more to my 1st post about it. You are not typically like that is all.

No biggie. Moving on...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Looking like Miami really likes Gibson!  Saw it on NFL network, figured I'd toss it out ...

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Looking like Miami really likes Gibson!  Saw it on NFL network, figured I'd toss it out ...

Miami likes every WR out there...seriously. I've heard them linked to Wallace, Jennings, Gibson, and even Welker.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

Miami likes every WR out there...seriously. I've heard them linked to Wallace, Jennings, Gibson, and even Welker.

No doubt.  I even heard they have been in talks with Mark Clayton and Mark Duper.