Brandon Harris from the U

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Re: Brandon Harris from the U

Harris is a top 20 pick, he won't last to 32.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Did you say Butler will be cut? Well, thank GOD you don't run the Pats. Butler isn't going anywhere, he's in his third year. No one cuts a player in their third year because they got burned a couple of times. 

And why is BB drafting another CB? He needs to draft an OLB and DE, not another CB. Bodden and McCourty are good corners, get them help on the outside. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

We pick 17th, but how about a pass rusher?  O line?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Harris from the U:
    [QUOTE]Did you say Butler will be cut? Well, thank GOD you don't run the Pats. Butler isn't going anywhere, he's in his third year... 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Second year, but I get your point.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Harris would be a nice addition but if you look how BB has drafted CB's it's mainly because there was no clear #1 or #2 or even #3 on our team. My feeling is that they saw Butler as a #2/3 and Bodden as a #1 with injury concerns. When they brought in Arrington and the way McCourty has been playing it's clear to me that McCourty will be playing left side Bodden right with Butler and Arrington playing in nickel and sub packages. This gives them 4 solid cb's incase of injury. IMO it would be hard for BB to rationalize picking a cb early as the value they present to the overall team might be limited compared to other aspects that can improve. Now BB did take McCourty last year but looking back on it I can see why. McCourty present a true #1 caliber CB on a D which at the time had an average #2 good #3 CB in Butler and a good #1 in Bodden with injury risk and no real #3 cb. McCourty presented a great value at the time filling out the CB line.

The way I see it right now the positions that present the greatest value to the Pats in the early rounds are the OL (because it looks like there will be a 60% turn over in the next 2 years), DL (depth was huge this year but they need consistent pass rushing and run blocking in the depth which started to faulter a bit as injuries piled up), and DE/OLB (cutting a QB's average pocket time from ~5-6s which it currently is to ~3-4s would not only improve the D in general but make more of an impact on the secondary then adding another CB). Of course this is just my opinion which could be completely wrong but just looking how BB drafts for value to the pick, talent, and overall value to the team unless Harris falls into the second I can't see them picking him up

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

I'd be a happy Pats fan if they get two of the following five in the first round:Kerrigan,Watt,Harris,Carimi and Solder,barring,of course a move up for Fairley or Dareus.