Brandon Jacobs in New England???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyV219. Show JohnnyV219's posts

Brandon Jacobs in New England???

Brandon Jacobs is said to be requesting a trade...anyone here think he should/could come to NE, and what would you trade for him?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

Re: Brandon Jacobs in New England???

In Response to Brandon Jacobs in New England???:
    [QUOTE]Brandon Jacobs is said to be requesting a trade...anyone here think he should/could come to NE, and what would you trade for him?
    Posted by JohnnyV219[/QUOTE]

Mankins or a 5th round pick.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Jacobs in New England???:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Brandon Jacobs in New England??? : Mankins or a 5th round pick.
    Posted by patriots1a2[/QUOTE]

LOGAN MANKINS for BRANDON JACOBS?

Holy crap......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

IBrandon Jacobs ain't gonna help us get to the QB. If Mankins goes I hope it's for a linebacker/end or D line guy. I still say we are OK on offense but these 2 d positions need some help.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

Mankins cannot be traded because he is not under contract. So could you please stop putting him in hypothetical trades?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]Mankins cannot be traded because he is not under contract. So could you please stop putting him in hypothetical trades?
    Posted by tartarus12[/QUOTE]

Well...here's the deal. Mankins will sign his tender and come in at I believe week 10, that's gonna happen as he wants this year of service and wants to be a free agent next year.

Secondly, and this happens all the time, if a team wanted his services that team would work out an agreement with the Pats and then an agreement with Mankins and you would see a sign and trade.

Simple really

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brandon Jacobs in New England??? : Well...here's the deal. Mankins will sign his tender and come in at I believe week 10, that's gonna happen as he wants this year of service and wants to be a free agent next year. Secondly, and this happens all the time, if a team wanted his services that team would work out an agreement with the Pats and then an agreement with Mankins and you would see a sign and trade. Simple really
    Posted by 183CLV[/QUOTE]
    At this point Mankins doesn't care about the accrued year. I think he will sit out the entire year and wait for the new CBA, in which he will absolutely be an unrestricted FA. The owners are asking for so much they will have to give up on years 'til free agency.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Right now I'd take him. If Faulk is out for the season, we need  help. Our running game still needs a bulldozer

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Jacobs for a 5th rd pick would be okay.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I'd consider it for no higher than a 4th round pick, which is all Jacobs is worth right now.  I think it's an intriguing fit because our only reliable RB right now is Fred Taylor... and his age and recent injury issues has to be very concerning going forward.  BenJarvis cannot be involved as much as he was last night.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"At this point Mankins doesn't care about the accrued year. I think he will sit out the entire year and wait for the new CBA, in which he will absolutely be an unrestricted FA."

Wow, you must be Nostradamus or something.  Not only do you know what Mankins is thinking, you already know, without any doubt, the terms of the new CBA which hasn't even been agreed on yet.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I would like to see Jacobs run the ball for the Patriots just to see what his impact would be for this team.  He is a physically gifted running back no doubt,  but lately he seems to run like Maroney, just a bigger, muscular version of him.

I'm afraid Jacobs would be Maroney V2.0!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I would offer them a 7th rounder, and when they rejected I would proceed to tell them to stick their heads up their own arses.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

[QUOTE]"At this point Mankins doesn't care about the accrued year. I think he will sit out the entire year and wait for the new CBA, in which he will absolutely be an unrestricted FA." Wow, you must be Nostradamus or something.  Not only do you know what Mankins is thinking, you already know, without any doubt, the terms of the new CBA which hasn't even been agreed on yet.
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]
    It's called reading the news and making some assumptions. Rather obvious ones at that. Logan is p*ssed, no denying that. He isn't signing sh*t. He would have been a UFA this year had ownership not opted out. Do you really think the NFLPA is giving up the 18 game schedule, forfeiting signing bonuses if they commit a crime, players paying for stadiums, players taking less of total revenue & players having to play more years until the are UFA's? What is ownership gonna give up in this deal?

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

Brandon is a good fits to the Pats.  Go for it Mr, Kraft.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

.  Do it Kraft.  We need a bruiser.  Do it I say Do it

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

he said "breakaway speed"..smh

for that we line up alge crumpler at halfback...no thanks

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I think I'd rather see them go for a DB who can actually cover someone for more than 2 seconds who is taller than my sisters,I'm waiting for the clown mobile to show up at the beginning of the game and have all the small DB's roll out. In a league of 6'3" WR's we have 5'8" DB's. That would be like guarding Shaq with Ray Allen! Common man, BB you can draft better than this.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from alldayandre09. Show alldayandre09's posts

5-7th rounder for jacobs 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Why NOT! I'd do it if the NYG are willing -

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

3rd and short yardage or 4th and 1...this guy can get the first down...

Its a matter of cost...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

a conditional 5th which can become a 4th if he gets over 1100 rushing yards.