Brandon LaFell is now a Patriot.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Brandon LaFell is now a Patriot.

I like it.  Young, healthy, upside.  Another nice move by New England!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

Re: Brandon LaFell is now a Patriot.

Source?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

What the user's said. I don't know much about him but  if he catches the ball and help the team to win a SB, that's fine with me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

Adam Schefter And now Patriots have reached agreement on a three-year deal with former Panthers WR Brandon LaFell, per source.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Adam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter

And now Patriots have reached agreement on a three-year deal with former Panthers WR Brandon LaFell, per source.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to Patsdateam's comment:

Source?

Shefter

Patriots signed WR Brandon LaFell to a three-year contract.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

In response to Patsdateam's comment:

Source?

Nice signing ... I just saw the tweet a second ago .... LaFell was what? A 2nd rounder (LSU) He has talent, and with TB12 rather than Cam .... maybe just maybe he can reach his potential.  I love the Pats aggressiveness in FA this yr ... now we use the draft to address LB, S, RB, TE

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

If the Pats sign another FA WR, will any of the young WRs become trade bait or is having them all in camp a good thing?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

I like Lafell as a camp body...hopefully there isnt too much guaranteed in the contract.

He's a 400-700 yard receiver IMO....I'm hoping he's just here as a rotation player for one season until Dobson/KT/Boyce develop

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

He is too slow, better have great hands and ability to get open

first add I have ever not liked

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike473. Show Mike473's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

I like Lafell as a camp body...hopefully there isnt too much guaranteed in the contract.

He's a 400-700 yard receiver IMO....I'm hoping he's just here as a rotation player for one season until Dobson/KT/Boyce develop

Hopefully Dobson will be 100%. Does KT really have an upside? Boyce, we shall see. All three are big question marks in my mind.

This is a good move for the Pats.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Really? He caught 49 receptions and 5 TD's in Carolina last year. Of course he would do better with Brady as QB. Personally I think he is a solid pickup and I don't see him as just a body. I like the 6-2 and 210 size as well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

If the Pats sign another FA WR, will any of the young WRs become trade bait or is having them all in camp a good thing?

None has shown enough yet to be trade bait.  The Pats currently have seven WRs on their roster (including Edelman and LaFell, but excluding Slater who really isn't a receiver).  I think they will want at least one or two more to compete for the 4 or 5 slots they'll have open for WRs on their 53-man roster. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

He ran a 4.5 coming out of LSU.  I know 40 times really don't mean much, but I think he plays with decent speed.  He isn't a "burner,"  but he seems to get separtaion pretty well.  He averaged almost 13 yards per catch with Carolina last year.  I think there is some potential here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Well he doesn't have great hands.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

From NFL.com's summary of his strengths and weaknesses back when he was drafted

WO22 BRANDON LAFELL WR  LSU Photo of Brandon LaFell         GRADE ?

• 6.81 SEC
    • 6'2"HEIGHT
    • ARM LENGTH
    • WEIGHT
    • LaFell is a big receiver that has a huge upside but still needs to refine his game if he wants to excel at the next level. He has adequate speed for the position but with his size and stride length he can sneak up on and run by a lot of defenders. He has soft, natural hands but will drop some balls due to lapses of concentration. He is competitive to the ball over the middle and in traffic and can use his size and leaping ability to high point the ball over the top of defenders. While he will initially have a bigger impact with the short passing game against zone coverage he has enough going for him to eventually become an effective downfield target.

ANALYSIS STRENGTHS  LaFell has the height and build of a starting NFL wide receiver. Has been a productive player. Has soft hands and flashes the ability to catch the ball away from his body. Is an athletic receiver. Exhibits the willingness to catch the ball in traffic over the middle. Is a competitive performer who is tough to take down after the catch and will go up and fight for the jump ball. WEAKNESSES  LaFell possesses good top end speed but isn’t a true burner to consistently get deep at the next level. Suffers from lapses of concentration which lead to drops. Is not precise route-runner, is susceptible to press-coverage, and occasionally struggles to gain separation.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

He ran a 4.5 coming out of LSU.  I know 40 times really don't mean much, but I think he plays with decent speed.  He isn't a "burner,"  but he seems to get separtaion pretty well.  He averaged almost 13 yards per catch with Carolina last year.  I think there is some potential here.

Poor man's Dwayne Bowe.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

I remember going to watch video of Joe Hayden the year he was coming out and coming across the game he(Florida) played LSU.

I was watching and saying what's so special about this Hayden guy this WR from LSU is murdering him.

If memory serves me correctly, It was Brandon LaFell.

If nothing else, BB wants guys competing for jobs and not feeling entitled.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

LaFell, the team’s best blocking receiver, has battled a case of the drops for the better part of the past two seasons. And with just 627 receiving yards on 49 catches, his statistical production left a lot to be desired from the No. 2 receiver.

LaFell signed a four-year, $3.47 million contract when he was drafted in the third round out of LSU in 2010. In his next deal, be it with the Panthers or elsewhere, he’s likely to fetch around $1 million per year.

Here’s why: LaFell did little to separate himself as a top receiver in the NFL during his four years, and as his production tapered off with more responsibility, he showed he may be better suited as a No. 3.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

But at 6'2" he could be a good red zone threat if he can hold onto the ball.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

YES!!!

It's a full out range war between us and Denver...bam and counter-bam...this is fun!

I like this signing...and Britt still coming to town...LMAO!...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

LaFell, the team’s best blocking receiver, has battled a case of the drops for the better part of the past two seasons. And with just 627 receiving yards on 49 catches, his statistical production left a lot to be desired from the No. 2 receiver.

LaFell signed a four-year, $3.47 million contract when he was drafted in the third round out of LSU in 2010. In his next deal, be it with the Panthers or elsewhere, he’s likely to fetch around $1 million per year.

Here’s why: LaFell did little to separate himself as a top receiver in the NFL during his four years, and as his production tapered off with more responsibility, he showed he may be better suited as a No. 3.

He is better than Decker.   :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

He is better than Decker.   :)

Jokes aside.  I think Britt is for sure.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

LaFell ran 335 of his 532 routes of the slot last year, according to @PFF.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Lafells and Britt better then Decker, come on.

Sections
Shortcuts