Brandon LaFell is now a Patriot.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Brandon LaFell is now a Patriot.

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

YES!!!

It's a full out range war between us and Denver...bam and counter-bam...this is fun!

I like this signing...and Britt still coming to town...LMAO!...

[/QUOTE]

Just hope the Pats play Denver after Browner gets off his suspension.  Man, what a game that will be.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I saw his time as 4,59

i hope little is guaranteed

i didn't want Britt

what is up with the packers .FA?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

He's fine when we have multiple receiving options. You don't want him being the man you run your offense through. 

When I look at this signing and them bringing in britt, I wonder if they know something on Dobson? May he miss a good part of next year? Both britt and Lafell are Dobson sized/type receivers. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If the Pats sign another FA WR, will any of the young WRs become trade bait or is having them all in camp a good thing?

[/QUOTE]

Trade bait? Why would anybody want our young WRs?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to kman2004's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like Lafell as a camp body...hopefully there isnt too much guaranteed in the contract.

He's a 400-700 yard receiver IMO....I'm hoping he's just here as a rotation player for one season until Dobson/KT/Boyce develop

[/QUOTE]

Really? He caught 49 receptions and 5 TD's in Carolina last year. Of course he would do better with Brady as QB. Personally I think he is a solid pickup and I don't see him as just a body. I like the 6-2 and 210 size as well.

[/QUOTE]

He has to mesh with Brady. Sorry, I dont care about his numbers, Ive seen him play.  Dont say of course he would do better with Brady...just because he's going to play with a better QB doesnt automatically translate to better numbers...certainly didnt happen with Chad Ocho Cinco.

This guy isn't a #1 or #2 receiver...he's a role player/mid-tiered #3 receiver. If he's out #2, then it means that Dobson didn't progress as we hoped.

He's a competitive body and should serve better than Collie at the very least. Does anyone know his vertical? At the very least, I hope he can serve as a goalline WR and win some jump balls

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lafells and Britt better then Decker, come on.

[/QUOTE]

Talent wise?  Let's see what Decker does next year as a number 1.  Britt's issue was never talent.  Maybe his knee injury deailed him as well as his legal issues.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Talent wise?  Let's see what Decker does next year as a number 1.  Britt's issue was never talent.  Maybe his knee injury deailed him as well as his legal issues.  

[/QUOTE]

His issue is talent to an extent...He definitely doesnt have the same explosiveness as he did pre-ACL tear

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

With Gino Smith throwing to him?  lol!  what a dumb move by Decker.  They had to have promised him another QB coming in. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Britt is certainly more talented than Decker. maybe more 'talented' or naturally gifted than most 6'3 225... but the key is first, getting his dumb azs outta trouble then two, motivating his dum bass to try hard out on the field.

he's had some monster games to showcase that talent and others games where you just scratch your head

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Bradon LaFell reminds me alot of James Jones. alot.

younger and about same speed and height.

the stats almost align the same way for each's first 4 years as well actually leaning more towards LaFell.

both are known for inconsistent hands at times too

alot of similarites b/w James Jones and LaFell. I like it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Britt is certainly more talented than Decker. maybe more 'talented' or naturally gifted than most 6'3 225... but the key is first, getting his dumb azs outta trouble then two, motivating his dum bass to try hard out on the field.

he's had some monster games to showcase that talent and others games where you just scratch your head

[/QUOTE]

Why other's don't see this, I don't get it.  I remember ESPN going crazy over this guy I believe in the 2010 season.  There was a bunch of issues there after - BUT he's 25.  I see monster potential here.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Contract is rumored to be for 3 years, $11 million.  Seems a little high, but I'll have to see the guaranteed money before I judge it.  If it is heavily incentive-based, I'm fine with it.  Anyone hear what Edelman's contract details were?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

There are supposed to be wr in the draft

i don't know, I think after not getting smith, there is noone

The thing is rook wrs have a time of it in the nfl.

Dobson started slow and had drops esrlyI, but he came on , got hurt, and was ok agaist the donkeys. TB looked like he trusted him. I only am afraid of his foot.

Kthe other rooks have real speed, which cannot be taught, they will be ok if tey get to the right place

IWe need an interior olineman more than anything. right now it's Connolly at Cannon at rg and Mankins, who seems to disappear like against the donkeys. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Something regarding Lafell that caught my eye is he has only missed 4 games his entire career.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Just watched a little film of him from last year.  Thought he did a nice job in shorter routes (slants, curls, outs, etc.).  His size makes him a big target and he actually catches the ball well in traffic.  He's less impressive on deep routes.  I wouldn't call him slow, but he's not blowing the top off the defense either and he doesn't seem to catch as well when trying to run at full speed downfield.

Still like him though.  I think Brady needs more big targets, especially with the question marks around TE.  I have a feeling LaFell will be a nice addition who'll be much more productive with Brady throwing to him than he was with Newton as his QB.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

YES!!!

It's a full out range war between us and Denver...bam and counter-bam...this is fun!

[/QUOTE]

Just hope the Pats play Denver after Browner gets off his suspension.  Man, what a game that will be.

[/QUOTE]

BLOOD EVERYWHERE...lol...let's get it on NOW!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ybruno. Show ybruno's posts

I have a serious question. like many of you on this forum, I always get excited when we sign players but I am also biased towards our current receiving core because I want to see them succeed. Anyway, assuming Britt gets signed, which receivers do you guys honestly hope make it on the roster (biased aside) ? I know Amendola is not a fan favorite here but let's be honest, he's clearly more talented/productive than a thompkins, Boyce and perhaps Lafell.

I hope would love the following: 

eldeman : obvious reason. Talent and has ton of heart

britt: besides his off the fields issues, the guy has all the talent in the world. good hands and hreat leaping ability 

amendola: I think he deserves at least 1 more year to prove himself despite the fact that the slot position is overly crowded. I think he was fairly productive considering the amount of games he missed due to injuries. 

Dobson: was our most productive rookie receiver and he posseses great talent.

lafell: solid height and good hands. He seems pretty comparable to Dobson in size and talent.

boyce : is too talented to get cut. The guy is fast and built like a running back. Bubble screens and reverses expert?? Maybe 

Thompkins seems to to be the odd man out. He might be the least talented out of the bunch. I would love to see him succeed but not at the expense of more talentEd players

What do you guys think? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

With Gino Smith throwing to him?  lol!  what a dumb move by Decker.  They had to have promised him another QB coming in. 

[/QUOTE]

How was it a dumb move by Decker? Let's be real, this offseason was probably going to give him the biggest contract of his career. It would be unwise in a business sense not to take the best deal available, regardless of how good or bad the team is.

It's not a dumb move by Decker if the Jets gave him the best offer. In a short career that can become even shorter with one nasty hit, it's probably unwise not to maximize your total value.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How was it a dumb move by Decker? Let's be real, this offseason was probably going to give him the biggest contract of his career. It would be unwise in a business sense not to take the best deal available, regardless of how good or bad the team is.

It's not a dumb move by Decker if the Jets gave him the best offer. In a short career that can become even shorter with one nasty hit, it's probably unwise not to maximize your total value.

[/QUOTE]

I don't have anything bad to say to a player he shouldn't get the money he can get

I don't have any problem with a team making any decision to cut a player

This is the business they have chosen, as Vito Corleone  once said

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Carolina has now lost Steve Smith, Ten Ginn, Domenik Hixon and Brandon LaFell, if you thought our WR corps was bad... these fans are having breakdowns

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/98876-donald-to-the-patriots/

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/98879-james-jones-is-literally-the-only-decent-fa-receiver-left/

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/98873-broncos-expected-to-sign-wr-emmanuel-sanders/

seriously read these, pretty funny and each has only 10-15 posts so its quick. i feel bad for them

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sure, I think he still get's exposed.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

In response to CanadianPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Patsdateam's comment:

[QUOTE]

Source?

[/QUOTE]

Nice signing ... I just saw the tweet a second ago .... LaFell was what? A 2nd rounder (LSU) He has talent, and with TB12 rather than Cam .... maybe just maybe he can reach his potential.  I love the Pats aggressiveness in FA this yr ... now we use the draft to address LB, S, RB, TE

[/QUOTE]
    draft dt dt o line and te

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Too bad Brady won't throw to him! This was probably as useless a pick up as Holt was.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

YES!!!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BLOOD EVERYWHERE...lol...let's get it on NOW!

[/QUOTE]

I'm ready!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I like the signing, but I'm curious about the money.  I mean, he's getting Steve Smith money, how is that even possible? 

Sections
Shortcuts