Brandon LaFell Update

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Brandon LaFell Update

Jerry Thornton ‏@jerrythornton1   2h

The Pats are very close to signing WR Brandon LaFell. Let's just say I know a guy who knows a guy. But book it #PatriotsTalk

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Brandon LaFell Update

I think LaFell might be the best option for the Pats among current free agents.  His stats aren't impressive, but I'm not sure you can judge by stats given the team he was on.  He's a tallish receiver who averaged more yards per catch than any other of the Panther's receivers.  And he's still young.  I'd like that signing.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

I think LaFell might be the best option for the Pats among current free agents.  His stats aren't impressive, but I'm not sure you can judge by stats given the team he was on.  He's a tallish receiver who averaged more yards per catch than any other of the Panther's receivers.  And he's still young.  I'd like that signing.  

Agreed. Would add some size, physicality, and athleticism to our group of receivers. As you mentioned, he's still young and Brady could potentially mold him into a capable receiver.

At this point he's nothing more than a camp body, but the tools are certainly there for him to have some impact on this offense. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Yeah, I'd definitely be in favor of LaFell, too.  He seemed to get it figured out last year.  I saw him make a lot of big catches for Carolina.  The stats weren't huge, but remember that was a run-first attack.  The physical tools are there, and he is young.  Quite a bit of upside with LaFell, I believe.  He could become a pretty good #2 WR for us.  Hope we sign him over Britt.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

I haven't heard about him. So I'm going with other user's comments.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

I think there is a better chance that LaFell can reach his potential with a QB that can actually pass ... Cam is a great athlete but he is not much of a passer yet. Like the signing, esp with Dobson surgery .... and lack of any other outside option.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Ian Rapoport         @RapSheet

The #Patriots are closing in on a deal with Brandon LaFell, according to a source. The deal is expected to be for 3 years and roughly $11M

Retweeted by  Erik Frenz  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

He is too slow

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

He is too slow

4.5 is not slow for a big WR 6'2.5" 220 lbs. I'll take him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

He is too slow

4.5 is not slow for a big WR 6'2.5" 220 lbs. I'll take him.

That's not bad. I like this move, not too pricey and has decent upside. I remember him giving us trouble the time we have played carolina. We could use him on either side of the field opposite of Dobson for more physical size, then use Edelman and Amendola or Boyce as well. Our 4 WR sets will be more dangerous with physical receivers on the outside and shifty route runners across the middle. That is, unless we draft a TE and expect to do a lot of 2 TE sets once Gronk is healthy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Yeah, I'd definitely be in favor of LaFell, too.  He seemed to get it figured out last year.  I saw him make a lot of big catches for Carolina.  The stats weren't huge, but remember that was a run-first attack.  The physical tools are there, and he is young.  Quite a bit of upside with LaFell, I believe.  He could become a pretty good #2 WR for us.  Hope we sign him over Britt.

LaFell is considered to be among the best blocking WRs in the NFL. Like Kenny Britt, he's a big guy...6'2", 223 lbs.. He doesn't have the upside Britt has, but he doesn't have Britt's baggage.

BUT...now that LaFell is signed (3yrs, 11mil.), how much better would the receiver corp be if the Pats could also add Kenny Britt? 

Sections
Shortcuts