brandon lafell wr #4!?!?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: brandon lafell wr #4!?!?

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

The need to call every BB deal genius is silly.  The Amendola deal was a poor one.  People are actually talking as if the Patriots did something special signing Revis for 12 million with a 20 million option next year.  It is a fine fair market deal, don't get me wrong, but it isn't like the Pats got Revis cheap.

Edelman at 4+ million a year with 6 to 8 million guaranteed is okay, but again, I'm not seeing this as anything special. 

It's because they feel silly that we were right about BB needing to tweek his system, which he did clearly this offseason, and now they are in a mad scramble to spin and recover that they were right all the time and we are just haters. It's funny the difference a couple of weeks can make from, you don't know what you are talking about BB doesn't need to sign higher priced guys or younger guys or set the market to this is what BB always did and you're just haters. I have to wonder though, if this is what BB always did why were they getting on us to go out and get those types of players, ones were you have to pay market value if not a little more to get players closer to their primes with less durability concerns and less red flag risk (que True to say Browner has red flags without actually reading why I explained it was different 3 times but oddly enough he seems to disappear from those threads right after I explained it)? This is much more like 07' than every other year and in 07' everyone and their grandma was saying the Pats were switching up their approach to offseason moves so why is this year, oh it's the system, while 07' was they were switching up what they normally did? Again it's they can't accept that we might have been right all along (honestly I still have people arguing with me over last offseason moves when the proof is right there in their face) and the system they went to bed with hugging like a teddy bear needed a bit of tweeking to improve.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Wow, just wow. 

BB has done nothing different. He got the number 2 rated FA WR on the market for only 8 million guaranteed on a 4 year deal, while the #1 got double that.(and signed his own player he developed in his system which is the BB norm)

He didn't go out and sign the top rated CB to a bloated 60 million dollar deal that would cripple our cap. He wisely locked him up (for 1 year of his prime, because that is what the deal really is) at a 25% discount fully utilizing the attraction of playing for the most winning franchise in 13 years.

He then went out and signed a major red flag player in stage 3 of drug suspensions in Browner to an Incentive based contract with almost no risk but high reward. A patseng no no!

Then gambled on a #4 receiver to come in and have increased production in our system...paying him for future potential as Lafell probably is not worth 3 million a year unless he makes the jump in our system, but in typical smart BB fashion he left himself an out after this year. 

See, we didn't go out and do anything you've asked for, because you have asked for things that can't happen without a crystal ball. You've asked for the Pats to go out and sign receivers who get you "80 catches, 1,200 yards and 10 tds every year they play for us and never have bad games no matter what CB is covering them" You've asked for never having dead money and to go out and spend heavy on top rated free agents which we still haven't done. 

In short, you were wrong then and wrong now. Luckily BB doesn't do anything you think he should do because we probably don't win 12 games a year with your warped and unrealistic strategy of paying big and only signing the great guys while avoiding all the bad guys.

Head in the clouds.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Oh you explained how it is different with  browner...probably like how you explained that you never would have signed Hernandez or Gronk, or Moss, or dillion or Adalius, or blah blah blah.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

And here we have example A. Spin all you want True but Pro and I were right much like TFB and I were right about Amendola last year. Whether you like to admit it or not. I know it's a win win for you since no matter what BB does is right but review your posts for the week leading up to FA and BB did exactly what you said he doesn't do. Talk about hindsight! you changed your tune quickly right after he signed Revis and Browner. 

btw your comment:

" You've asked for never having dead money and to go out and spend heavy on top rated free agents which we still haven't done. "

Well isn't that what they did with Browner? And essentially what they did with Revis? hrm they spent heavy at CB and essentially if cut nether will produce much dead money since Revis's deal was really a 1yr $12mil deal anyways and Browner has pretty much no guaranteed. Thank you BB for doing exactly what I hoped you'd do. Don't mind True he's just a hater of spending money on quality FA's. True why do you hate BB so much this offseason?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The big difference is that, if we make it to the Super Bowl this year, we won't be trying to cover our opponent's receivers with the likes of Sterling Moore, Patrick Chung, and Marquise Cole.  Champ keeps telling us that those guys did well in the 2011 Super Bowl and Eli's 75% completion rate and extended four to six minute drives weren't a problem.  Instead he thinks we lost the Super Bowl because Bill Belichick, Bill O'Brien, and Josh McDaniels can't game plan or play call nearly as well as Charlie Weis.

Personally, I think championships are won with great talent and great coaching.  Unlike Champ, I think the coaching is great, but, for various reasons, the talent hasn't been quite up to snuff.  BB is clearly trying to correct that this year with much more aggressive moves to pick up young, healthy, and in the case of Revis, expensive talent.  

Sections
Shortcuts