BRANDON LAFELL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

BRANDON LAFELL

any chance hes around when we pick in the second? the guy has great height and bulk, and hes as smooth as any WR in the draft. i think he could be a great addition to the pats weak WR corps.  i can see it now, LaFell, Edelman, and Tate... mmmmmm sounds good.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: BRANDON LAFELL

He'll more than likely make it to #22, second round might be a stretch. When I first starting checking mock drafts at the end of the season he was the #1 WR available but he's been dropping like a rock so you never know where they wind up once they start dropping.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

LaFell should be there in the 2nd rnd but the ? is whether BB still feels the rash from Chad jackson as a 2nd rnder...........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

the past is the past.  chad jackson shouldnt hinder the patriots draft.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I think he'll be around, yes.  I also don't think missing on Chad Jackson would prevent him from taking another receiver in rd 2, every player is different.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

mbeaulieu,
    do you think he's worth drafting in the second? i know you're really big on the nfl draft. thoughts?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

If there's any kind of run on wide outs, he will not be there at #12 in the second.  Isn't he rated 3rd on most ranking lists?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

Fowler8196-love the enthusiasm but what makes you so confident on Tate? Showed absolutely nothing before he was hurt. Hope I'm wrong but I don't share you enthusiasm towards him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: BRANDON LAFELL:
    mbeaulieu, do you think he's worth drafting in the second? i know you're really big on the nfl draft. thoughts?
    Posted by FOWLER8196

Based on size and skill set and pedigree (SEC kid) he is, yes.  If he does well at the combine, interviews and pro-day, most certainly.

I'm sure BB and staff will do their homework.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Mayock has his top 5 WRs this way.  LaFell didn't make the list.  If Mayock is right, he will likely be there at #44.  I believe Bryant and Tate will be gone by #21.  Baltimore at #25 is desperate for a WR, which one, who knows.  After them, just about everybody needs a WR.  Teams that have the biggest needs would be the Jets at 29, TB at 35 and 42 is sure to take one, then you've got KC, BUF, SEA and OAK all needing WRs but with other more pressing needs.  The good news is there is a lot of 2-3 round talent at the position this year.

I'm still saying we need to go sign a F/A WR like Kevin Walter from Houston, then draft one, preferably a speedster who can also work the slot.  I've got my eye on Taylor Price from Ohio.  He's the best size/speed guy in the draft, 6-0, 198, 4.36.  He's a sleeper right now but wait until the Combine, he will shoot up boards.  I'd spend #53 on him right now.

WR 
    Bryant1
    Tate2
    Benn3
    Thomas4
    Gilyard5

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

rickrand- thanks. i am i boston native living in north caroline so i saw most of tates college games and the kid is explosive.  i really think that him being able to participate in more than just playbook study this offseason will be beneficial to him.  dont go off of what you saw last year... the way i see it, he has yet to truly see the field.  (however, his first NFL touch was an 11 yard end around haha)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

plus with all the talk of moss being gone next season, WR moves up a couple notches on the list of needs i think.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Tate has a total of  6-8 PRACTICES under his belt in the NFL.  Anything he did or didn't do last year means absolutely nothing to his long term potential. Its like judging a rookie in week 2 of his first training camp.  Impossible.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

LaFell is an excellent receiver in two respects:

1.) He knows how to get open, finding the soft spot in zones, and making opportune cuts. 

2.) He knows how to use his body to put himself into position to make a catch.

He has had some issues with absolute "hands" in the past, but put those to bed IMO.

I think the thing dogging him is a lack of top end speed, and like Hakeem Nicks, many will wonder if he is just a possession prospect, or a game changer.

He reminds me of Bowe, another Tiger, and in that respect, is a possession guy, but worthy of a second rounder for sure, IMO.

And BTW, never compare a Tiger wideout to a Gator wideout . . . on so many levels it's just wrong. LOL.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

LaFell is an excellent receiver in two respects: 1.) He knows how to get open, finding the soft spot in zones, and making opportune cuts.  2.) He knows how to use his body to put himself into position to make a catch. He has had some issues with absolute "hands" in the past, but put those to bed IMO. I think the thing dogging him is a lack of top end speed, and like Hakeem Nicks, many will wonder if he is just a possession prospect, or a game changer. He reminds me of Bowe, another Tiger, and in that respect, is a possession guy, but worthy of a second rounder for sure, IMO. And BTW, never compare a Tiger wideout to a Gator wideout . . . on so many levels it's just wrong. LOL.
    Posted by zbellino

Hey Zb,

LaFell is high on my list too.  I think he could be there at #44 which would have been a shock to me a month ago but a lot of guys are moving up.  There is nothing wrong with getting a possession WR in the 2nd who can use his size to get position and move the chains.  Without Welker, moving the chains will be harder next year if we don't get Brady some new weapons.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

hey Z,
    i was wondering what you would have to say to this post. and i'm glad we agree haha. lafell is pretty exceptional with the ball in his hands after the catch as well IMO.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

hey Z, i was wondering what you would have to say to this post. and i'm glad we agree haha. lafell is pretty exceptional with the ball in his hands after the catch as well IMO.
    Posted by FOWLER8196

Yeah, it is an underrated aspect of his game, IMO. Especially considering how often he was bracketed at LSU, he really found ways to make yardage after the fact. 

Yeah, I agree Faucet. 

The 'big play' knock comes from the fact that most people expect a WR in the first round to have that extra gear to go over the top of a CB, and after watching him for quite some time, at the NFL level his absolute top-end is average. That said, he is built like a house, and isn't going to be dragged down by many CBs, which add yardage. He also has a little wiggle, so he could be like a mini-T.O. in the space he will say opposite Moss and over Welker/Edelman. 

In every other respect he is a great to very good prospect, whose stock is artificially low after playing a season with a very young QB who was not very efficient at distribution.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

over the past few weeks ive been getting my hopes up about this kid (which i promised myself i wouldnt do) and i REALLY hope hes with the patriots next season. its time to re-rebuild the WR group.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

...And BTW, never compare a Tiger wideout to a Gator wideout . . . on so many levels it's just wrong. LOL.
    Posted by zbellino

Michael Clayton and Reche Caldwell, there I compared them...