Re: Brandon Lloyd a NE Patriot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Here here!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Patriots reach agreement with Brandon Lloyd

St. Louis Rams v Denver BroncosGetty Images

Brandon Lloyd is Tom Brady’s newest weapon.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that Lloyd has reached an agreement with the Patriots, ending a day in which we saw one report that a deal between the Patriots and Lloyd was close and another report that the deal actually wasn’t close.

Now Lloyd is heading to New England, where he’ll add a deep threat capable of making spectacular catches to the Patriots’ passing game. He’ll also immediately understand what’s expected of him from Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels: Lloyd has a close relationship with McDaniels and had his best season playing for McDaniels in Denver in 2010.

Although money was reportedly a sticking point in the deal that Lloyd had said he wanted to get done, Lloyd had hinted he wanted to play in New England so badly that he’d take less money to sign there. They’ve now resolved whatever financial issues there were, and while there’s no word yet on how much money Lloyd got, he’ll be a Patriot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Excellent news.  Now we have no more excuses for #12.  We get a McDaniels system flanker who can run all routes, has good hands, and can get deep to boot.

Hopefully he and Ochocinco can "stretch the field" for #12 so we don't hear anymore excuses as to why we can't score.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

Nice! They have improved their roster and the draft is still a month away. Thanks to our outstanding General Manager the Patriots are going to be a better team. Too bad we all had to suffer through the 37-11 rebuilding years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Lloyd a NE Patriot.:
    [QUOTE]Nice! They have improved their roster and the draft is still a month away. Thanks to our outstanding General Manager the Patriots are going to be a better team. Too bad we all had to suffer through the 37-11 rebuilding years.
    Posted by 15315k[/QUOTE]

HA!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I hope this guy produces for us with the deep ball.

Now can we give Ocho Stinko the boot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

gunna be tough for Ocho and Deion Branch to get on the field.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

No. Keep Ochocinco. Branch may not be back with his knee and age catching up to him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

What's with all the deep ball comments?  I mean he can 'get down field', but not exactly a homerun hitter.... Dude runs like a 4.55, but what I do like is he gets open and hits deeper parts of the field outside the numbers. 

I hope people don't think this is Moss2.0.

He will give the Pats what Ocho was supposed to give. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]What's with all the deep ball comments?  I mean he can 'get down field', but not exactly a homerun hitter.... Dude runs like a 4.55, but what I do like is he gets open and hits deeper parts of the field outside the numbers.  I hope people don't think this is Moss2.0. He will give the Pats what Ocho was supposed to give. 
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

he is essentially a younger Deion Branch to me. very sure handed, with the ability to run every route and get deep downfield, similar to what Branch USED to give us.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

everyone can be happy now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

How things can change so quickly!

This morning, I was told very strongly nothing had changed with Brandon Lloyd and the Patriots. Now, everything has.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

YEAH BABY!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brandon Lloyd a NE Patriot. : he is essentially a younger Deion Branch to me. very sure handed, with the ability to run every route and get deep downfield, similar to what Branch USED to give us.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

As of right now I'll leave his smarts up to question as Deion was brilliant with TB, but for sure he does have the better hands 'hands' down... that's right.... I said it...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

This means GRONK will have 23 TD's next year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]What's with all the deep ball comments?  I mean he can 'get down field', but not exactly a homerun hitter.... Dude runs like a 4.55, but what I do like is he gets open and hits deeper parts of the field outside the numbers.  I hope people don't think this is Moss2.0. He will give the Pats what Ocho was supposed to give. 
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Dude, it's not about in-line speed. It's about your breaks out of the route and football IQ.

We don't need a Moss for this. We don't need Mike Wallace either. He would have been a bad fit here.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

good

I'm liking they are being more aggressive this off-season with a number of solid upgrade moves along with a number of low risk high reward moves.

Now we can finally end the Wallace talks

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Do the Patriots still go after that speedy WR in the 1st or 2nd round?  I could see it happening in the 4th round.......

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

It's what they need . . . not so much a deep threat, but a real flanker with some speed and ability to beat corners and safeties along the sidelines and in the intermediate areas of the field. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]Here here!
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Let's hope he's not another Ocho: http://www.patspulpit.com/2012/3/17/2881163/patriots-sign-wr-brandon-lloyd.

From M. Reiss:
    http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4719266/opinion-on-lloyd-agreement

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]Do the Patriots still go after that speedy WR in the 1st or 2nd round?  I could see it happening in the 4th round.......
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

I can see them drafting one more guy at WR . . . you'd think they'd use those top picks more on defense, but if they think the best value in the second round is a WR, they may very well take the wideout at that spot . . .

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Keep Ocho (2 million in 2012) to pair with the other good route running and speedy Lloyd.

No more excuses for Brady now.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Opinion on Lloyd agreement

The Patriots have reached an agreement with free-agent wide receiver Brandon Lloyd, ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter reports, which represents the team's biggest free-agent move to date. 

Lloyd adds something the Patriots truly needed -- an outside receiver who can make plays in traffic and compete for the ball. The Patriots were solid in the middle of the field with receiver Wes Welker and tight ends Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez, but it was that outside threat that was missing. 

Lloyd has already proven he can be that type of weapon in the team's system, having had his most productive years under Josh McDaniels, with whom he is close. A strong Patriots locker room should also benefit Lloyd. 

The contract details, when they become available, will be a key piece in analyzing this move. 

This could spell the end of Chad Ochocinco, who is scheduled to earn a base salary of $3 million in 2012 and had a rough entry to the team's system last season. Deion Branch, who served as the No. 2 receiver last year, is a free agent and still could be back (perhaps in a reduced role). 

The Patriots have been busy in free agency, mostly working the mid-range area. But Lloyd is a bigger signing, filling a key need, while giving Tom Brady another weapon in a diverse attack that could be even more lethal in 2012.