Brandon Lloyd a NE Patriot.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Re: Brandon Lloyd a NE Patriot.

we now have an abundance of WR's. gonzales, endelman, welker, branch, ocho, lloyd, slater, underwood, hernandez (TE/WR)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Lloyd a NE Patriot.:
    [QUOTE]we now have an abundance of WR's. gonzales, welker, branch, ocho, lloyd, slater, underwood, hernandez (TE/WR)
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be surprised to see one or two more in camp . . . we need some competition to upgrade the level of talent and diversity of this group.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Brandon Lloyd's deal with Pats is 3yrs/$12M

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Perfect deal.  What I would have wanted. Around 4, no more than 3 years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I could see someone in rd 4 like:

- Ryan Broyles, a rd 2 talent who will go on the PUP for 6 games, learn from Branch and then replace him next year.

- Jarious Wright who played with Mallett for 2 seasons at Arkansas and can continue to develop chemistry in practive with him so if/when Tom finally moves on Mallett has his wes welker/troy brown type

- T.Y. Hilton, a burner who will be most needed adding some life into the return game

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

told me 2 I could tweet this pix when a deal w/ Pats was reached.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Sweet.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

This receiving unit is going to remind people of 2007

Lloyd is very good, but no '07 Randy Moss, yet Gronk has quite a bit on Ben Watson... making those pairs of players (Moss/Watson vs. Loyd/Gronk) a pretty even match, or if we get 2010 Lloyd, the current duo is better.

Welker is still Welker

Stallworth caught 46 passes for 3 TD's that year. I think that is what most of us would expect of Ocho now that he (hopefully haha) knows the system and Lloyd takes so much pressure off him.

Branch should be like Gaffney, who caught 36 passes that year as the #4

Faulk should prove to be replaceable by the Woodhead/Vareen duo

oh yeah and then there is Hernandez

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]Jason La Canfora   ‏   @ JasonLaCanfora   Reply     Retweet     Favorite   ·   Open Brandon Lloyd's deal with Pats is 3yrs/$12M
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

I'm glad he signed for reasonable money and hopefully people will understand that he's not really a deep threat. At least he's not some dope that won't understand the offense (see Ocho Cinco)...nor is he at the age when he's lost too many steps (see Ocho Cinco). 

Now all we need to do is get some people that can play in the secondary, some linebackers that can cover and two 34 type defensive lineman that will keep Vince from getting doubled virtually every single play. Maybe then we will be able to force a team to at least one three and out during the Super Bowl.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Wow great deal

what a hilarious pick

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]Jason La Canfora   ‏   @ JasonLaCanfora   Reply     Retweet     Favorite   ·   Open Brandon Lloyd's deal with Pats is 3yrs/$12M
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

The terms seem surprisingly reasonable. It does appear that Lloyd took less money to play for the Pats. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

I think it's pretty cool he wanted to come here.  Speaks volumes. With Ochocinco taking a cut and being healthier than Branch, I look forward to Brady not throwing INTS on 1st downs in the playoffs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

That's a pretty cool picture of Lloyd (a guy that obviously likes Brady...unlike one guy here). I wonder why Lloyd took less money to come catch passes here? Geez it couldn't be because of Tom Brady, could it? Nah it's got to be because of our mastery of the NFL salary cap.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Yes. More playaction makes any WR and Tom Brady more lethal an less predictable, Jersey dork.

Now, you're getting it!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]I could see someone in rd 4 like: - Ryan Broyles, a rd 2 talent who will go on the PUP for 6 games, learn from Branch and then replace him next year. - Jarious Wright who played with Mallett for 2 seasons at Arkansas and can continue to develop chemistry in practive with him so if/when Tom finally moves on Mallett has his wes welker/troy brown type - T.Y. Hilton, a burner who will be most needed adding some life into the return game
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

When will Joe Adams go, Round 3?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]That's a pretty cool picture of Lloyd (a guy that obviously likes Brady...unlike one guy here). I wonder why Lloyd took less money to come catch passes here? Geez it couldn't be because of Tom Brady, could it? Nah it's got to be because of our mastery of the NFL salary cap.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

As much as I'd love to believe it was Brady I think McDaniels had more of a influence than Brady. Brady was just marshmallow topping, BB was whip cream, the Pats winning ways is the cherry

EDIT: craving slip up typed McDonalds and meant McDaniels

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

One quality Lloyd has is exceptional route running ability. Everywhere he has been the most positive aspect of his game has been his ability to get open and often of deep routes. He may not have that Mike wallace style speed that leaves people in the dust but he makes up for it in knowing where he has to be at every point of his route getting in and out of his breaks crisper then most WR's, add to that is vertical (still reportedly 36" plus) and his plus hands and you get the circus catches as well.
    I am all over this and like I said months ago if he isn't a Patriot I would be shocked!
    Landry is next I think, he wants to make a stop with the Jets but why would he go there even if it was for a bit more money when you can play here for several more chances at a championship.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

3 years, 12 million.

NICE!

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/17/patriots-agree-to-terms-with-wr-lloyd/?module=HP11_breaking_news

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

[QUOTE]3 years, 12 million. NICE! http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/17/patriots-agree-to-terms-with-wr-lloyd/?module=HP11_breaking_news
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

I'm shocked by it. I assumed that he was going to get at least $6M a year. he's getting a lot less than what worse receivers got during this offseason.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brandon Lloyd a NE Patriot. : As much as I'd love to believe it was Brady I think McDonald had more of a influence than Brady. Brady was just marshmallow topping, BB was whip cream, the Pats winning ways is the cherry
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Who is McDonald? The WR with the Rams?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

DaBlade, don't wait to long on Landry. He's already said he won't sign a deal with any team until he makes his rounds unless a team gives into his demands. He's got meetings set up with Phi, Lions, Beras, and Jets after NE. To me it sounds like he' not going to pull a Lloyd and take less money to be with the Pats and I doubt the Pats will get into a bidding war for his services. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brandon Lloyd a NE Patriot. : Who is McDonald? The WR with the Rams?
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]

Lol late at night I meant McDaniels. Didn't help there was a McDonalds comercial on when I was typing. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

That;s right. He only stopped into NE to drive price and to hear what BB has to say.

We'll see, but he would need to take less than he expects to play here.

Sections
Shortcuts