Brandon Lloyd a NE Patriot.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Re: Brandon Lloyd a NE Patriot.

In Response to Re: Brandon Lloyd a NE Patriot.:
    In Response to Re: Brandon Lloyd a NE Patriot. : I was just wondering... how old are you?
    Posted by rtuinila

lol

Sadly, I think he is older.  50s or something. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Lloyd a NE Patriot. : lol Sadly, I think he is older.  50s or something. 
    Posted by BassFishing

I mean really! Maybe Ocho doesn't fit with the Pats. But that is no reason to call the guy names.

I really hope Chad gets a chance this year, with a full offseason and training camp, to show what he really has. It's like these name callers have no idea how little time Chad had to get in sync with Brady compared to Moss, Gronk, Hernandez or anybody else that had a whole offseason. My son and I tried to figure it out one day and came to the conclusion that game 12 for Chad equaled about the same amount of time all those other players had with Brady before their first game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Lloyd a NE Patriot. : I mean really! Maybe Ocho doesn't fit with the Pats. But that is no reason to call the guy names. I really hope Chad gets a chance this year, with a full offseason and training camp, to show what he really has. It's like these name callers have no idea how little time Chad had to get in sync with Brady compared to Moss, Gronk, Hernandez or anybody else that had a whole offseason. My son and I tried to figure it out one day and came to the conclusion that game 12 for Chad equaled about the same amount of time all those other players had with Brady before their first game.
    Posted by rtuinila

Yep.  It's a lot of immaturity by either teenagers or immature adults. Either way, it's beyond annoying at this point. Ocho did/was willing to do what Moss wouldn't do, which is all I cared about with a team this loaded on offense.  By all accounts, he had great practices, was great in the film rooms, locker room, etc.

After Ocho's 2nd Jets game and in the Giants game, I thought they'd start to get him more and more reps. To some degree, he's going to be limited anyway, due to how great Welker, Gronk and Hernandez are. That's number 1.  2, Branch still has an uncanny chemistry with Brady, so Ocho is left behind there, essentially as a 5th target for Brady. I don't want Brady throwing more, but throwing with more efficiency during games.

Finally, people know who he is, know his production from years past, so they apparently think that will translate instantaneously over to some greatness here. I expected more, but not with such little reps in games. I still have no idea why you wouldn't implement him more, especially in SB 46 with Gronk down.  

I fault more BB, O'Brien and Brady for not using him in gameplans just to the effect he is a decoy or the guy you hit int he second half, after playactions is established.

Think about the SB. Our first play is playaction and we take a Safety. 1st play!  Who uses playaction on the first play of a game???  Unreal. Then, Ochco is on the field, gets a 21 yard catch and then is yanked off never to be seen again. Between his usage and BJGE's, each were not implemented well in 2011, IMO.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Glad they picked up a WR who can work the sidelines and go deep. That being said, hopefully, Ocho and Branch will be gone next year. I'd rather have Branch around for backup, in case of injuries. Ocho, did nothing last year, and just taking up a valuable space at this time.

That being said, I'm not sure how any of the moves thus far improve the team's biggest weaknesses. On offense, we still need some blockers in the form of another TE, we still need 1 more RB. I say goodbye to Law Firm and Faulk.

When it comes to beating teams built like last year's Giants a better run game, better pass rush, and better secondary is what we need....not extra receivers.

This team is built to beat a bunch of poor to average teams, so, yeah - we're gonna have a lot of wins next regular season too. But THIS team is NOT built to beat teams who have a good pass rush and can cover.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i think with mcDaniels running things Lloyd and Ocho will get plenty of chances. I get the feeling that o'Brian didn't like ocho that much.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Lloyd a NE Patriot. : Yep.  It's a lot of immaturity by either teenagers or immature adults. Either way, it's beyond annoying at this point. Ocho did/was willing to do what Moss wouldn't do, which is all I cared about with a team this loaded on offense.  By all accounts, he had great practices, was great in the film rooms, locker room, etc. After Ocho's 2nd Jets game and in the Giants game, I thought they'd start to get him more and more reps. To some degree, he's going to be limited anyway, due to how great Welker, Gronk and Hernandez are. That's number 1.  2, Branch still has an uncanny chemistry with Brady, so Ocho is left behind there, essentially as a 5th target for Brady. I don't want Brady throwing more, but throwing with more efficiency during games. Finally, people know who he is, know his production from years past, so they apparently think that will translate instantaneously over to some greatness here. I expected more, but not with such little reps in games. I still have no idea why you wouldn't implement him more, especially in SB 46 with Gronk down.   I fault more BB, O'Brien and Brady for not using him in gameplans just to the effect he is a decoy or the guy you hit int he second half, after playactions is established. Think about the SB. Our first play is playaction and we take a Safety. 1st play!  Who uses playaction on the first play of a game???  Unreal. Then, Ochco is on the field, gets a 21 yard catch and then is yanked off never to be seen again. Between his usage and BJGE's, each were not implemented well in 2011, IMO.
    Posted by BassFishing

I'm no Chad homer, but I do think it unfair for people to say he is "done." IF he can actually get the playbook down over the offseason, I would not be shocked to see him on the team. From what I saw, he still has the physical tools, but he just needs to learn how he is suppose to use them in this offense. I do not think limiting his reps helps with this.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Lloyd is not that good.

I'm not sure why everyone is going crazy over this signing.  ONE good season in his career.

Headcase mediocre player.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Lloyd is not that good. I'm not sure why everyone is going crazy over this signing.  ONE good season in his career. Headcase mediocre player.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost

He had a pretty good year last year too. 2 years with McDaniels are his 2 best years. I think he could be much better then you think

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Lloyd a NE Patriot. : Not sure where you got you're data from... but: Ocho had 15 catches for 276 Branch had 51 catches for 702... not going to look up the other's.... but the Ocho - Branch #'s I knew had to be off by a mile...
    Posted by Patsfaninswflorida

Did you see where I wrote '2012' and made it a prediction post for what the guys do next year??

sheesh

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

If this guy comes in focused, it could be a very good signing. I think he has some very good things going for him. Mainly, his vertical, his hands and his ability to go AFTER the ball.

He reminds me of a faster verison of how Chris Carter played in his last few years. Doesnt look that fast, but runs good routes and always fights for the ball. HIs highlight reel in just a few years is very impressive. in 2010, he had 77 for like 1500. Thats a very high YPC. HE knows how to play the ball in the air and is not afraid to stick his nose in to get the ball.

All that being said, the only reason I like it is because he was cheap. What we have to remember is that there is a reason for that. Even Eddie Royal got more $$, so was it really that he left millions on the table to play with us? OR was it that the market for him wasnt that high due to him being mentally ill? I have heard a lot of him being bi polar and this and that, but my thing is, if he is focused ON the field, I dont care about all that.

Im just saying though, there is a reason he came cheap and its not Joshy. We have to hope we dont see that side and we just get a good soldier wanting to win, but I like his skillset. I hope he can mesh with Brady.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

First week of pats training  cannot wait for OTA's! Patsnation I'll be on PatsTv next week look out for me!

Sections
Shortcuts