Brandon Lloyd ... now i get it

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Brandon Lloyd ... now i get it

In response to PatsEng's comment:

That one diving catch showed everything we've been hearing about all preseason. How he tapped that one two in as he made the catch was something unbelievible. I think this is what we can expect from him all season. Not Moss numbers but he's going to make some highlight film catches where oppossing D's are going to have to take notice and start to drift outside the numbers to protect the edge. If Ridley can keep it up oh he's going to get a lot of PA plays where he'll have room to run

" If Ridley can keep it up oh he's going to get a lot of PA plays where he'll have room to run "

+1

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Pats7393's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The drop was my fault, I yelled TOUCHDOWN before he caught it and I caused him to loss a bit of concentration.  My bad I won’t be screaming anymore from Atlanta unless they are in the west coast.

[/QUOTE]

:)
    (laughing)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Somebody please slap me really hard in the FACE, because I'm going to agree with Rusty...that "drop" was on Brady. Guy gets wide open and he put a little too much air and distance on it - yeah I guess he should of kept running and caught it, but it looked to me like the throw was just off. Don't forget that the pass along the sidelines was a bit too in front of Lloyd either (the guy made a heck of a catch).

I'm now going to hide my face in shame or see if I can get the Catholics to open up a church on a week night so I can pray for forgiveness...I will never agree with Rusty again:(

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Somebody please slap me really hard in the FACE, because I'm going to agree with Rusty...that "drop" was on Brady. Guy gets wide open and he put a little too much air and distance on it - yeah I guess he should of kept running and caught it, but it looked to me like the throw was just off. Don't forget that the pass along the sidelines was a bit too in front of Lloyd either (the guy made a heck of a catch).

I'm now going to hide my face in shame or see if I can get the Catholics to open up a church on a week night so I can pray for forgiveness...I will never agree with Rusty again:(

I think a slap in the face would be letting you off easy, how about a knee to the groin?   Everything that RustyGriffithThe300TH (That will be his next name) post on here whether praising the run game of complaining about the Pass game has one agenda to put down Tom Brady...He is the biggest and most active Jest Troll on this board!!!  Please do not feed encourage the troll!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Tomhab's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think a slap in the face would be letting you off easy, how about a knee to the groin?   Everything that RustyGriffithThe300TH (That will be his next name) post on here whether praising the run game of complaining about the Pass game has one agenda to put down Tom Brady...He is the biggest and most active Jest Troll on this board!!!  Please do not feed encourage the troll!

[/QUOTE]
    Ok, perhaps a slap in the face was a bit light, I should of said...get in a Buick and drive it into me. That sounds better.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Ok, perhaps a slap in the face was a bit light, I should of said...get in a Buick and drive it into me. That sounds better.

[/QUOTE]
    LoL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Over-all he played well but if I had to nit-pick, it appeared that a few times (not the great side-line catch), he just stepped out of bounds instead of extending the play with YAC.
    Thought he had room to run on some of those.

I noticed this during the game too.  There was room for him to "fight" for extra yards. Maybe he doesn't like contact or doesn't want to risk injury early in the season?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

The first drop was Lloyd's fault.  He slowed down a lil...and then seemed to jump a little early?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

They both had a part to play in the drop, but I'd say Brady gets 35% of it.

Brady's ball was wobbly and weak and had too much air over it. A perfect spiral would have gotten to him in stride and caught him without hesitation. Clearly, Lloyd had to adjust and look for the ball while backpeddalling AND still managing to lay his fingers on it.

Lloyd gets 15% of it because once he found the football, he should've adjusted and tried to catch it in stride.

The OL gets 50% of it because Brady was under duress and he let it go sooner and faster than he wanted.

All in all, great game and I love our defense!

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

"If that ball was thrown to his inside... It would have been a TD..."

And bears crap in the woods.
    thanks for the news flash.

Do you know how many incompletions would be touchdowns if the ball was placed more perfectly so the receiver has to merely put his alligator arms out and the ball drops in...?  Dude, the wr has to DO something like focus,adjust and pull the ball in. The throw wasn't great but it was good enough to be caught.  You ask Lloyd and id be willing to bet he admits he should have caught that ball.

As I mentioned before wind may have been a factor making it more difficult .

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

good to see DelGriffith is still ruining threads around here, see y'all next time Rusty is banned again

Good to see you're so sensitive you can't any criticism to the golden boy who apparently is above this team. 

Funny. Had many in depth discussions with family this weekend while in Boston. One topic:  Brady's lack of accountability as a player on this team.

Are they trolls too?  No. They're called very smart and honest people. Tom Brady is not void of any criticism. If you can over-criticize the 53rd player on the roster, I can have issue with Brady's deep throws. 

[/QUOTE]   I guess the NUTS don't fall far from the tree.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Over-all he played well but if I had to nit-pick, it appeared that a few times (not the great side-line catch), he just stepped out of bounds instead of extending the play with YAC.
    Thought he had room to run on some of those.

I noticed this during the game too.  There was room for him to "fight" for extra yards. Maybe he doesn't like contact or doesn't want to risk injury early in the season?

[/QUOTE]

The way the Pats had been moving the ball, though I would have loved the fight, there was no need to risk injury for an extra yd at a time. It was safe and smart to get out of bounds, he's not the size of Gronk after all

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

Wow!

Mt Hurl dorps his Underoos for 3 seconds and is honest.  Good boy, Hurlie!  Now try to show consistency with that honesty.

Nice to see you understand what the trajectory of a ball means.

[/QUOTE]
    It's easy to be honest when you don't have an agenda, you should give it a try. Take me for example - I got on our hall of fame QB for making two..maybe three bad passes yesterday. On the flip side you made excuses for our last ranked defense all last year and blamed everything on the guy that single handidly carried this team on his back (Brady).

In retrospect I should be happy with his 117 QB rating from yesterday, but the truth is he can do better and will.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

Pats D was not ranked last in 2011.  15th in points allowed. No agenda here, just objectivity within contexts of a topic.

I don't expect perfection from Brady or any human, but the first post on this thread called Lloyd's attempt to adjust on Brady's poor throw as "goofy. Personally, I think his throw was "goofy".

[/QUOTE]

Speaking of goofy...why do you keep changing screen names according to which thread you are responding to?   doodoodoodoodoo....How many you got now?  8, 10, 12?
    Helpforpersonalitydisorders.org

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

You mentioned Willie Mays.  Lloyd on that play looked more like Jose canseco.  Only thing missing was the ball hitting him I'm the head.  If you can't  visualize him continuing to run judging correctly the trajectory cutting slightly to the outside and catching that ball then we need to agree to disagree.

I'm not saying he's a bad receiver because he looked goofy on 1 play.  that's the kind of play where the team watching the game film will add commentary like...
    "I got it,....  I got it ,....whoa... I ....got ....ooooooooohhhhh."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCH81. Show SCH81's posts

[QUOTE]

The drop?  Why is Brady missing the right shoulder to throw to? You people are amazing. That was no different than Welker missing his catch in the SB with this one just being 20 more yards downfield.

How about Brady not miss wide open people downfield?  His accuracy is not very good past 20-25 yards. Just admit it and stop putting it on people who are new on the team or don't have SB rings.  So annoying.  If that ball is on his left hip with more air under it, leading him into the end zone, it's a TD. Instead, he tried to adjust and spin to catch it because it was on the wrong side. Should have played Willie Mays better and not turned around? Yeah. But, it starts with Brady missing an easy throw and TD.

Lloyd was wide open due to Brady under center early in the game and Lloyd being targeted as well.  Brady needs to work on trajectory of the ball past 25 yards. It's that simple.

Lloyd is like Moss and Branch.  He has the hands of Branch fused with the athleticism of Moss, so he's a perfect hybrid for what this offense commands.  Good start with each he and Brady's relationship here.

Rusty not sure why you are here bashing TB the day after your QB had such a great day.  Shouldn't you be on the JEST board celebrating you undefeated record and proclaiming your team as the team to beat this year?

[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

Lloyd made an incredible catch later on, so stop acting like Lloyd isn't good.  Is it too much to ask for Brady to not miss WRs who are wide open?

Is this concept that difficult? It's flat out concerning watching the camera pan to a wide open Pats receiver and then see a wild ball thrown.

What was your impression of the ball he threw to Gronk in the AFC title game in the 1st qtr?  Was that something Gronk should have had even though it was very poorly thrown?

[/QUOTE]

Dude I'm aware bradys accuracy has been off at times. I remember  the giants regular season game last year Brady locked onto a covered gronk threw a pick meanwhile an open Hernandez was right in front of his face.  Everyone knows Tommy boy is now 35 and skills erode a little, aches and pains become more bothersome ...  All the more reason imo to cut him some slack on a throw that was catchable.

btw... Did you see moss slow down and reach back for the td that was thrown behind him?  That's another case in point.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

good to see DelGriffith is still ruining threads around here, see y'all next time Rusty is banned again

Good to see you're so sensitive you can't any criticism to the golden boy who apparently is above this team. 

Funny. Had many in depth discussions with family this weekend while in Boston. One topic:  Brady's lack of accountability as a player on this team.

Are they trolls too?  No. They're called very smart and honest people. Tom Brady is not void of any criticism. If you can over-criticize the 53rd player on the roster, I can have issue with Brady's deep throws. 

[/QUOTE]

Rusty hanging with his family