Brandon Lloyd ... now i get it

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Re: Brandon Lloyd ... now i get it

The real story with the Lloyd miss is first that Lloyd was behind the defense, and second that Brady put the football where Lloyd was expected to be.  Assuming that Lloyd's slowdown is not particularly replicable, perhaps Brady would go back to the same play.  The easy miss forced Tennessee to commit to guarding Lloyd a bit better, as opposed to guarding Ridley, Gronk, Hernandez or Welker.   We didn't see any Tennessee defense for the rest of the day until everyone in the stadium knew that New England was going to eat the clock.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Brady throws at their feet on purpose so that there's no chance of an interception.  The Pats have announced this strategy publicly since Brady has been here, moron.

Moron? Why donytyou rewind your dvr and look at that throw.  I understand that low throws are part of it but you should look before you attack someone. He was pretty open, the ball was clearly thrown too low.

http://www.nfl.com/player/aaronhernandez/497244/profile

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The real story with the Lloyd miss is first that Lloyd was behind the defense, and second that Brady put the football where Lloyd was expected to be.  Assuming that Lloyd's slowdown is not particularly replicable, perhaps Brady would go back to the same play.  The easy miss forced Tennessee to commit to guarding Lloyd a bit better, as opposed to guarding Ridley, Gronk, Hernandez or Welker.   We didn't see any Tennessee defense for the rest of the day until everyone in the stadium knew that New England was going to eat the clock.

[/QUOTE]

That's an interesting take and I agree that every play can have a reaction or even a ripple effect on a defense and that gets into strategy on the next level... As in , chucking the ball deep every so random often is part of opening the field up for other plays .  Seemed like every team did exactly that last year to the pats D.

So as an OC, you have to think 3 or 4 plays ahead.  Or throw a play in the first quarter that has a payoff in the fourth quarter...  aka the "chess match" which occurs between the O coaches v. the D coaches of the other team.  If you win this match you have better chance of winning the game.  McDaniels won this match Sunday... Obrien meanwhile was terribly predictable.  Just watched the first half of miami game at the end of last year.  This team was shut out 17-0.tjat was only 2 regular season games ago.  Yikes. 

This is exactly why I LOVE Football ! It's intense  , and all the levels of strategy are 10 times more interesting than other sport

so I guess it follows that the incompletion served a purpose even if we all would have liked a TD. 

Sections
Shortcuts