Brandon Lloyd - Your thoughts on his good/bad week 9

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Brandon Lloyd - Your thoughts on his good/bad week 9

Curious to see what people think of Brandon Lloyd. Is he still going to get the targets going forward? Has Brady lost faith in him given the drops over the past couple weeks? Yes, he had two touchdowns in the prior game but those were his only 2 catches.

And yes this is a fantasy question.

Thanks for your help.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: Brandon Lloyd - Your thoughts on his good/bad week 9

I drafted him ahead of Brandon Marshall, A.J. Green, Antonio Brown, Marques Colston, Mike Wallace, Vincent Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, Eric Decker, DeSean Jackson, Demaryius Thomas, Reggie Wayne, Steve Johnson, etc. It's why I'm 9th in a 12 team league. Sorry for your luck.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I don't know how I'd put him is a fantasy league situation, but I think he is playing decently. I really don't understand what people were expecting of him - he has given us an outside option (maybe not threat, but something). This a guy that has always run in the 4.6 range...no one should of expected him to be a deep threat. He's a solid weapon for us, nothing special, but he helps.

I'd probably list 20 receivers over him in a fantasy league.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

You keep going to him, and throw him bad passes as he can make those catches, it's those easy ones he seems to have problems with.

But in all seriousness, you keep going his way and TFB knows this.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I don't know how I'd put him is a fantasy league situation, but I think he is playing decently. I really don't understand what people were expecting of him - he has given us an outside option (maybe not threat, but something). This a guy that has always run in the 4.6 range...no one should of expected him to be a deep threat. He's a solid weapon for us, nothing special, but he helps.

He's dropped or outright missed a LOT of balls thrown his way. 69 targets vs 37 receptions. Not very dependable. Against the Jets he was 1 for 8 !!! A couple may have been thrown poorly, but 1 catch for 6 yards?!?! I thought he was basically a younger, better Branch, but he typically has a defender pasted to his side (like the present day Branch) and can't catch catchable balls. Circus catches on the other hand, sure, he makes them... but drop one right in his hands and it's going incomplete

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

He's been a disappointment for what he's being paid and what was expected. For all of this athletic abilities, he isn't a playmaker like Randy Moss. Not even close. 

He can play the game though and they need him at WR. He just isn't any better than Branch for all practical purposes. 

They will still send the ball his way and they have to continue to do so. He's still a threat and teams have to defend him. He just hasn't been that golden clutch guy they thought he could be. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Honestly I can't help this feeling that he is going to be better coming out of the bye...no reason just a gut feeling lol.

I feel pretty similar to Mt Hurl on this one. He is a nice outside threat (i'd call him one). He can get deep but he isn't going to do it often.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to hang3xc's comment:

He's dropped or outright missed a LOT of balls thrown his way. 69 targets vs 37 receptions. Not very dependable. Against the Jets he was 1 for 8 !!! A couple may have been thrown poorly, but 1 catch for 6 yards?!?! I thought he was basically a younger, better Branch, but he typically has a defender pasted to his side (like the present day Branch) and can't catch catchable balls. Circus catches on the other hand, sure, he makes them... but drop one right in his hands and it's going incomplete

Wow, some good points, maybe I'm looking at this through rose colored glasses? I really didn't expect the world out of him, but I didn't realize he was targeted that many times with those results. I just wanted him to take a little pressure off our inside guys, I thought he was doing that...maybe not so much...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Macrawn's comment:

He's been a disappointment for what he's being paid and what was expected. For all of this athletic abilities, he isn't a playmaker like Randy Moss. Not even close. 

He can play the game though and they need him at WR. He just isn't any better than Branch for all practical purposes. 

They will still send the ball his way and they have to continue to do so. He's still a threat and teams have to defend him. He just hasn't been that golden clutch guy they thought he could be. 

I think he's making three million a year (half what they gave Ocho). I don't think anyone was expecting him to be anything even close to Moss.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

I drafted him ahead of Brandon Marshall, A.J. Green, Antonio Brown, Marques Colston, Mike Wallace, Vincent Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, Eric Decker, DeSean Jackson, Demaryius Thomas, Reggie Wayne, Steve Johnson, etc. It's why I'm 9th in a 12 team league. Sorry for your luck.

Hahahahahaha Loser! Oh wait... I'm 11th in that league. Nevermind. Sorry

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

I think he's making three million a year (half what they gave Ocho). I don't think anyone was expecting him to be anything even close to Moss.

I didn't realize he was that cheap. His performance fits the pricetag in that case. Maybe even exceeds it. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

I didn't realize he was that cheap. His performance fits the pricetag in that case. Maybe even exceeds it. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

He's dropped more TD passes then he's caught this year.  I didn't realize at the time that we signed Braylon Edwards.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Brandon Lloyd is on by bench assuring he'll have a great day.

Sections
Shortcuts