Brandon Lloyd

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Re: Brandon Lloyd

I personally don't think he is as bad as most. Don't kill me, it's just my opinion..

I think he will come back later in the season and make alot of people eat their words.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to HOTBLITZ's comment:

I personally don't think he is as bad as most. Don't kill me, it's just my opinion..

I think he will come back later in the season and make alot of people eat their words.

yes, he had one bad game and people are ready to send him packing....lloyd will be fine....35 catches so far with all the weapons brady has, is pretty good.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

seriously you fkn goobers enough of this "rusty" crap, just because i dont share the same opinion with you on something doesnt mean im a disciple of a user on here you guys dont seem to like. of course lloyd dropped passes, but brady's throws just werent that good....and to say lloyd has been bad week after week is ridiculous, he is on pace to catch 80 passes for over 900 yards, seriously how much do you want? i for one, am grateful, espescially because of what we had to watch last year with ochocinco. lloyd will be fine, he may drop some passes, but he also makes acrobatic catches that no other receiver on the team could catch..

Calm Down, we just wanted you to acknowledge that Lloyd actually dropped some balls which you just did. Rusty is the only known Pats fan that hates Brady so thats why people used his name because anyone who thinks Bradys throws to Lloyd were bad would have to also Hate Brady or not know the game... and you are a redsox fan..... soooooo

You have the pic that someone just posted that clearly shows a ball hitting his chest. We have the 1st play to him on the 1st drive off playaction that hit him in the chest and bounced off. We have the deep throw that was a perfect pass but Llloyd was just too slow to run under and still had 1 hands on and I cant remember the other 4 targets. Can you tell us which ones were bad throws by Brady?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to HOTBLITZ's comment:

yes, he had one bad game and people are ready to send him packing....lloyd will be fine....35 catches so far with all the weapons brady has, is pretty good.

I personally am not raggin on him. I think he is excellent on the sidelines and WILL help, I just knew he wasnt a deep threat. In this discussion I am simply pointing out that HE had a bad game, NOt Brady. Every post game show on sunday said the same thing including Ty and Troy.  Why Slam Brady for no reason when he gets enough of it from others...??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

seriously you fkn goobers enough of this "rusty" crap, just because i dont share the same opinion with you on something doesnt mean im a disciple of a user on here you guys dont seem to like. of course lloyd dropped passes, but brady's throws just werent that good....and to say lloyd has been bad week after week is ridiculous, he is on pace to catch 80 passes for over 900 yards, seriously how much do you want? i for one, am grateful, espescially because of what we had to watch last year with ochocinco. lloyd will be fine, he may drop some passes, but he also makes acrobatic catches that no other receiver on the team could catch..

Calm Down, we just wanted you to acknowledge that Lloyd actually dropped some balls which you just did. Rusty is the only known Pats fan that hates Brady so thats why people used his name because anyone who thinks Bradys throws to Lloyd were bad would have to also Hate Brady or not know the game... and you are a redsox fan..... soooooo

You have the pic that someone just posted that clearly shows a ball hitting his chest. We have the 1st play to him on the 1st drive off playaction that hit him in the chest and bounced off. We have the deep throw that was a perfect pass but Llloyd was just too slow to run under and still had 1 hands on and I cant remember the other 4 targets. Can you tell us which ones were bad throws by Brady?

throwing it down the field when lloyd is blanketed by cromartie is not smart....cromartie actually dropped an easy int in that game when brady threw the ball off balance. yes lloyd dropped passes, this was easily his worst game so far, but give the guy a break, he has laid out for so many terriffic catches this year, he gets a pass on this game IMO.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I have given him a break.  I didnt start a thread saying he was a bum....lol

seriously tho' I like Lloyd, he has swagg and is smart and can run good routes but he needs to catch the easy ones or else Tommy wont trust him anymore. I actually think they are using him wrong. HE needs to get more involved in playaction  in order to get more seperation. He is not a line up and beat his man type of guy. He needs trick plays or playaction so he can use his route running, stop n start, hesitate, head nods,etc that he is so good at. He will help and is def. better than Ocho I agree but I think its Brady who deserves some slack as he has the hardest job and takes the most heat as of late but our secondary once again gave up over 300 to a Qb who has been clowned all season....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

throwing it down the field when lloyd is blanketed by cromartie is not smart....cromartie actually dropped an easy int in that game when brady threw the ball off balance. yes lloyd dropped passes, this was easily his worst game so far, but give the guy a break, he has laid out for so many terriffic catches this year, he gets a pass on this game IMO.

He lays out because he slows and is not in position to make the catch on the run.  His YAC is awful.  Wes welker has over 3 yrds pc more than lloyd  Welker is also 54/74 while your boy is 35/65 with a good % of those being flat out drops.  Not great for a guy that was supposed to make the O better.  Like Rodney said. "Bigggg  Dissssssapointment"!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

I'll say it again...Lloyd had a bad game and it was mostly his own fault. However, he is still a HUGE upgrade from Ocho and has produced big in several games so far. He gives us an outside threat, and while not a great deep threat, he is still good. 

Plus we are paying the guy 4 million/year, which is a steal IMO.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Man o man - I've never before seen a crowd so anxious to throw someone under the bus.  Yup, Lloyd dropped a sure big gainer yesterday and didn't have much production overall.  He has however had a pretty fair season thus far.  He's not now nor has he ever been Randy Moss but he's produced in the past and was never supposed to be the go to guy to begin with.  Cut the guy a little slack.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to pezz4pats's comment:

He lays out because he slows and is not in position to make the catch on the run.  His YAC is awful.  Wes welker has over 3 yrds pc more than lloyd  Welker is also 54/74 while your boy is 35/65 with a good % of those being flat out drops.  Not great for a guy that was supposed to make the O better.  Like Rodney said. "Bigggg  Dissssssapointment"!!!!!

the only disappointment is rodney's views on football....rodney believes eli is the best qb in the NFL, i cant take anyone who says that, seriously.....from now on, whatever rodney says, the opposite is true.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

the only disappointment is rodney's views on football....rodney believes eli is the best qb in the NFL, i cant take anyone who says that, seriously.....from now on, whatever rodney says, the opposite is true.

Nope, Rodney is right.  However you blaming the QB for all the failures of an O that is first in yards, points and 1st downs appears to be, to put it nicely, "OFF"!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

so u dont believe Eli is in the conversation??

I think its time to give the guy credit

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

so u dont believe Eli is in the conversation??

I think its time to give the guy credit

eli is not in the same conversation as brady, rodgers, and brees....not even close. he is in the roethlisberger/flacco category although i do believe he is better then flacco.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Nope, Rodney is right.  However you blaming the QB for all the failures of an O that is first in yards, points and 1st downs appears to be, to put it nicely, "OFF"!

getting outscored 35-6 in the 4th quarter in recent games is just unacceptable....at some point you have to look at what the qb is doing....and he just hasnt been getting it done....like i said though, yesterday was a step in the right direction because he led the team down the field for the tieing and eventually winning field goals.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Man o man - I've never before seen a crowd so anxious to throw someone under the bus.  Yup, Lloyd dropped a sure big gainer yesterday and didn't have much production overall.  He has however had a pretty fair season thus far.  He's not now nor has he ever been Randy Moss but he's produced in the past and was never supposed to be the go to guy to begin with.  Cut the guy a little slack.

The same thing happened when Ghost missed his first ever 4th quarter kick.  All of a sudden the board was packed with people who never liked him.

The kneejerk reactions to a single game performance around here is unbearable.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

lloyd is the only player that can lay sideways on the sidelines with his toes dragging and get the catch in bounds.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

The bottom line is STOP throwing to this guy UNLESS for some strange reason he's TOTALLY alone in the middle of the field.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

The problem in the fourth quarter is 30-40% execution and the rest is on play calls. Lack of agression and playing it safe means less chance to extend the drive and win the game. Yesterday, Lloyd's pass interference was a bit ticky tacky but he did make a move to "push" past the player so he got caught and called. This put them in the hole. THat is poor execution. Running up the middle on 2nd and 20 is play calling.... in hurry up at end of the game they hade to be aggressive and they moved the ball (on both drives) when they got in FG range they got conservative.... Put the metal to the pedal and let the offense be aggressive....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Lloyd had a tough game, shoulda squeezed those balls but both were tough. That's how it goes sometimes ... Then The one good catch he had in the end gets flagged for pushing off.  This after hill clearly pushed off dennard on one catch.  That penalty hurt, putting pats in 1st and 20 at their own 10 which they botched into a 3 and out , while  almost getting picked.

I'm not down on Lloyd yet.  I am down on refs (no surprise there ) especially black side judge who clearly showed his ny love bias.   he called all the ticky tack contact penalties on pats secondary but then missed Hernandez getting mugged right in front of his face (it was called by back judge 25 yards away.)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:

The same thing happened when Ghost missed his first ever 4th quarter kick.  All of a sudden the board was packed with people who never liked him.

I was thinking the same thing yesterday as Ghost made to 'must-make' kicks in a row.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inokea4coolaid. Show Inokea4coolaid's posts

its called  - Joshy calls a play. Brady tries his best to execute. Why would Brady himself call plays for a guy he knows cant get open. When Wes gets the ball evry play then we know Brady is calling the plays. Wes was absent for quite some time yesterday...

Its funny with all this talk of offense vs defense, Never is it mentioned that the guy Brady throws to has to get open. How many times does Brady drop back and find NOONE open and then has to try to make something happen and all we do is sit in our loveseats and say he should have thrown it better!??!  Guys arent open on EVERY play, unless you are playing against the Pats defense of course....

no, I don't think fans expect receivers to be open on every play. However, Brady is seasoned enough to know when to throw the ball - and knows his check down sequence. I'd much rather have him throw the ball away than turn the ball over because he just felt like it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

He's everything I expected. I don't know what you people expected.

He was brought in to be the 4th option behind Welker, Gronk, Hernandez. He's doing good enough as a fourth option

this is totally incorrect. game to game, options change. the Jets were taking the middle of the field away with Landry, Bell and Davis clogging the area. The sidelines were the vulnerable part of the field. Lloyd was the #1 option, and had a bad game. He dropped balls, lost one on one contests with single coverage, and did not get open.

the Jets wanted to take away the middle of the field, and did. They wanted to stop the run, and did. Sans one game, Pats always struggle with a RRyan defense. They were lucky it came down to making Sanchez beat them, which of course he failed again.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Brady on WEEI on the recent offensive woes " The problem isn't play calling or the running game. The problem is execution."

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:

I was thinking the same thing yesterday as Ghost made to 'must-make' kicks in a row.

Serves you right for paying attention to Babe. He 'always knew' Ghost was a stiff. It's standard practice evry time a player screws up for a half dozen posters to parade their hindsight by claiming they 'always knew' something.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

These Lloyd bashers are the same guys that said Welker was all done after week 1 and that the Pats needed to play Edelman more......

Sections
Shortcuts