Brandon Llyod and the Ref with a Short fuse.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Brandon Llyod and the Ref with a Short fuse.

Just looking around The net and seeing what the pundits are saying about the Patriots win today and came across a segment about The Penalty called on Llyod for "Throwing" The ball at the ref. Former NFL Official Jim Daopoulos Weighed in on it and said the officail Looked like he had a short Fuse. My perspective is that players "throw" The Ball back at the ref all the time and dont get flagged for it, The ref seemed to not be ready for the ball and didnt want to be seen as a fool and threw the flag to sorta teach Llloyd a lesson. The ref should have given Lloyd a warning about doing that and if he did it again, Then throw the flag. officials these days are a little to jumpy to throw the laundry. Something needs to be done about this.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Brandon Llyod and the Ref with a Short fuse.

it's just not done in the playoffs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

the ref cant catch

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

There were about 10 other horrible calls in favor of the Texans today

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeritasMD. Show VeritasMD's posts

The refs called the entire game against the Pats today.  Every single call was screwed up in Houston's favor. This crew was worse than replacement refs.

That being said, Lloyd is an idiot.  He flung the ball at the ref in frustration, that is an obvious penalty that cost us 4 points. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I have never seen that type od call, ever

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to VeritasMD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The refs called the entire game against the Pats today.  Every single call was screwed up in Houston's favor. This crew was worse than replacement refs.

That being said, Lloyd is an idiot.  He flung the ball at the ref in frustration, that is an obvious penalty that cost us 4 points. 

[/QUOTE]

How was he frustrated, didnt he just catch a ball to set up a short 3rd down for the pats???

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How was he frustrated, didnt he just catch a ball to set up a short 3rd down for the pats???

[/QUOTE]
    no, the ball had just bounced right in front of him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    no, the ball had just bounced right in front of him.

[/QUOTE]

Ok my bad. But still, Ive seen what Llyod did happen 10000 times and a flag was never thrown.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Or the TD that was reviewed

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have never seen that type od call, ever

[/QUOTE]

They called the exact same thing on Troy Brown in a game vs. the Colts.  I remember, even the announcers were speechless.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

mebbe cuz it was an overhand flip vs. and underhanded toss....and the ref got hit cuz he couldn't catch....lol.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Get that ref some receiver gloves for next week.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I felt this was also a bad call. It could be argued at any time that the person throwing it to the ref is in violation. It's not like he rifled at his head or something.

I don't think I've seen that in the postseason before.   The refs in this one were absolutely atrocious.

[/QUOTE]

Atleast if he did rifle it at his head then it might have been worth it.  It was pretty petty to call that.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Refs are all full of themselves since the replacements sucked so bad. Time for the NFL to cough up the money for real pro refs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

The Texans got so many calls today; but Lloyd was an idiot on that one.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Salcon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I felt this was also a bad call. It could be argued at any time that the person throwing it to the ref is in violation. It's not like he rifled at his head or something.

I don't think I've seen that in the postseason before.   The refs in this one were absolutely atrocious.

[/QUOTE]

Atleast if he did rifle it at his head then it might have been worth it.  It was pretty petty to call that.

[/QUOTE]

That's what I mean. He was pissed he didn't come up with it but that ref was way out of line to call that in that situation.  Very unprofessional ref group.   Imagine going into work and being that bad at what you do and not being reprimanded?

[/QUOTE]

Isn't that the job description for a weatherman?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Brandon Lloyd and the Ref with a Short fuse.

Lloyd was frustrated because he could't dig a bad ball out of the turf.  He threw it too hard to the ref, which was stupid.  That said, did it warrant a penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct?  Probably not.  The ref has to understand what's at stake and get over himself in that situation. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Angel-of-Light. Show Angel-of-Light's posts

It was Llyod's first playoff game in 10 years. He was too excited and fired up, I do not think he purposely threw the ball at the ref that hard. Horrible call, but it was great to see Lloyd fired up. Remember when he got up and ran toward the end zone after a whistle? He did get his TD a few minutes later.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Whatever

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsMonkTime. Show ItsMonkTime's posts

[QUOTE]

Just looking around The net and seeing what the pundits are saying about the Patriots win today and came across a segment about The Penalty called on Llyod for "Throwing" The ball at the ref. Former NFL Official Jim Daopoulos Weighed in on it and said the officail Looked like he had a short Fuse. My perspective is that players "throw" The Ball back at the ref all the time and dont get flagged for it, The ref seemed to not be ready for the ball and didnt want to be seen as a fool and threw the flag to sorta teach Llloyd a lesson. The ref should have given Lloyd a warning about doing that and if he did it again, Then throw the flag. officials these days are a little to jumpy to throw the laundry. Something needs to be done about this.

[/QUOTE]

The weferee got his fee fees hurted. Call the whaaaaambulance!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

kind of looked like this      :   )

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I could see if Lloyd actually threw the ball but he flipped it. Was it a hard flip, yep, but it was a flip none the less. There is a huge difference between flipping the ball and throwing it. Horrible call which cost us points