Brandon Llyod and the Ref with a Short fuse.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlderbutWiser. Show OlderbutWiser's posts

Re: Brandon Llyod and the Ref with a Short fuse.

He was penalized because he felt he was interfered with by the defensive player. He got up and yelled, "what, are you blind?" at the ref, then he threw the ball hard. After the ref missed the ball, Lloyd yelled, "I guess so." That is when the ref tossed the yellow flag.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

BB should instruct all players to leave the ball on the ground for the remainder of the playoffs

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

Or the TD that was reviewed

If you're talking about the Houston TD Posey juggled and caught while on his back he clearly had control before going out of bounds. Looked to be a TD. 

Hetch

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I could see if Lloyd actually threw the ball but he flipped it. Was it a hard flip, yep, but it was a flip none the less. There is a huge difference between flipping the ball and throwing it. Horrible call which cost us points

He should have "flipped him the bird" not the football !!

Dumb call by the official. It's a playoff game. Let the game go on and forget petty calls like that one.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to hang3xc's comment:

BB should instruct all players to leave the ball on the ground for the remainder of the playoffs

And the same ref would probably call it unsportman like conduct for not getting the ball handed to him. I'd leave it on the ground and wait for JJ Watt to spit on it. 

Hetch

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

In response to Iceman4's comment:

Or the TD that was reviewed

If you're talking about the Houston TD Posey juggled and caught while on his back he clearly had control before going out of bounds. Looked to be a TD. 

Hetch

Agree, except they wouldn't continue rolling the replay. They stopped it and it did appear good, but I would have liked to have seen if the ball moved after he hit the chalk. We'll never know because the moron CBS producers apparently don't want us to see what actually happens all the way through a play. lol

The first couple replays, when they played through to the end, you could tell he had control at that point.  It was pretty easy to tell when he had firm control, so they just froze on that frame when they came back from the commercial break.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

What gets me is the number of blatant holds right in front of the refs.  Houston's second possession featured a non-call that was both a hold and hands to the face.  Literally in front of the ref.  No call.

But this is why the Pats can't afford to turn the ball over.  They have to beat the refs, too.  Great job yesterday controling the ball.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to soups's comment:

What gets me is the number of blatant holds right in front of the refs.  Houston's second possession featured a non-call that was both a hold and hands to the face.  Literally in front of the ref.  No call.

But this is why the Pats can't afford to turn the ball over.  They have to beat the refs, too.  Great job yesterday controling the ball.

Absolutely agree. If that game was called fairly, that's a 52-17 kind of game. Seriously.

I watched all the games this weekend and the other 3 games did not REMOTELY have egregious calls going agaisnt one team in the game the way this game last night did.

This happens on an almost weekly basis, which is why it's concerning.  They actually change rules AFTER NE has a big lead or is about to pull away in a blowout.

We're never, ever going to see holding called on our front 7. That I know. That I concede before every game. Apparently, the beast Wilfork is never held. lol

Dude, that's like your fourth spot-on post of the day.  It's barely even noon.

Did you play?  You got crazy smarts about this game.

Sections
Shortcuts