Brandon Marshall expected to be in Seattle

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from blazed21. Show blazed21's posts

Brandon Marshall expected to be in Seattle

Adam Schefter just announce that Seattle will offer Brandon Marshall an offer sheet.

Adam_Schefter Oh boy -- Brandon Marshall expected to be in Seattle on Saturday to visit the Seahawks and see if they can hammer out an offer sheet.

If Seattle signs Brandon Marshall to the offer sheet, Broncos would have seven days to match -- or get back the draft's sixth overall pick.

Filed to ESPN: Seattle is strongly considering signing Broncos restricted free-agent WR Brandon Marshall. A huge move.

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAPats. Show LAPats's posts

Re: Brandon Marshall expected to be in Seattle

Disappointed.  Much more so than with the peppers signing.
    I know he's psychotic, but I thought he'd be worth the risk for us with all of our draft ammo. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

Maybe the Hawks would be open to shipping Branch for a 5th round pick? Assuming they sign Marshall.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

How does McDaniels intend to move the chains on offense now?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

This not done deal. Denver will have a week to decide the offersheet, or get Seattle's #6 pick.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Man, I'd almost trade Moss for the #6 pick. Then trade down 3-5 times from there, and draft 2 of the best WR in this draft.

Denver would be wise not to match SEA, trade down from 6, and load up their roster with talent.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Physics. Show Physics's posts

6th seems like a bad place in the draft unless you are looking maybe OT or if a few of the QBs get picked / someone really wants to move up and grab a guy...

I mean, last year, the sixth pick I believe got something like four-year, $26 million deal that included $21 million guaranteed. When you think about that for a second, how is that 'that' much dissimilar to what you would pay Marshall anyway? I mean, if you are Seattle, wouldn't you even just for a second, entertain that whatever you pay Marshall as a 'fair' value is clearly a 'better' deal than what you have to pay an unproven rookie at #6 who is only a few years younger?

I think this sort of move makes complete sense for Seattle. As for Denver, well, I don't see them 'staying' at 6, but I suppose I could see them taking a QB of the future if thrown into that position... 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hagen910. Show hagen910's posts

lets welcome deion branch back if seattle signs marshall. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

seattle is the new black whole, he'll flounder up there unless they get a decent QB

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Patten and Branch? Together again? I just hope no one signs Reche Caldwell so that we can get him too and then we will have signed 3 Pro Bowl WR's, Brady is going to pass for 7,000 yards next year with these studs!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

seattle would be nuts to do this deal...and denver would be happy beyond their wildest dreams. there is no way they were bringing back marshall, and talk was that they would have accepted a 2nd round pick. if seattle is willing to give up the 6th pick in what is supposed to be a great draft, well, i guess pete carroll is picking up where he left off! meanwhile, denver can use two high draft picks to rebuild their defense, or take a run at vincent jackson. this would be a huge coup for denver.
    and what is seattle going to do with 2 great receivers and no offensive line, running game, a broken down QB, and a bad defense? sounds like a great way to build a team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Im not pounding my chest and I dont know whos sister I plowed , but I had him going there for over a month now. Ive said Seattle for a while , along with the 49ers and Maimi. Its ok though , people can continue to ignore me like its the forth grade for whatever reason.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

And please no Branch , the guy just sux. Im so sick of hearing about the rapport between him and 12. That means absolutely nothing. Branch is always hurt , LOL even when hes healthy! And he just doesnt produce , hes had one OK year...not a good year , an OK year. Seriously please tell me why you would want him? I dont get it at all. LOL the guy sux!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Yea Artie Seattle is crazy , who would want a 100/1220/10 TD a year guy? He can play short and long and would be a perfect fit here playing the X position opposite 81 at flanker. Hes been a top 5 rec. the past 3-4 years and is in the prime of his career , clearly they have no idea what their doing. TJ plays the slot Marshell at the X and Carlson at TE is a scary rec corp and they still have a first rounder to get Cambell , Davis etc. Yea they got no idea what their doing , good call!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

I agree Artie.  There's absolutely no way that Seattle gives up #6 for Marshall.  I think they would negotiate and possibly give back #14 (which I seriously doubt) or possibly even #40 and another in the 4th or something but theres no way in hell they're getting #6.  (In alot of ways, #14 is a better spot than #6 due to the cap, Iread that #12 is best)

You get a #6 if it's a blindside to the world (like with Seymour).  But if it's well known that this guy is on the trading block, you've lost a bit in terms of negotiating.

Another great example is Cassell.  Everyone knew that he had to be traded and we only recieved a 2nd rounder in return.  You lose a little power when the cat's out of the bag. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Colosoxman. Show Colosoxman's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Marshall expected to be in Seattle:
    I agree Artie.  There's absolutely no way that Seattle gives up #6 for Marshall.  I think they would negotiate and possibly give back #14 (which I seriously doubt) or possibly even #40 and another in the 4th or something but theres no way in hell they're getting #6.  (In alot of ways, #14 is a better spot than #6 due to the cap, Iread that #12 is best) You get a #6 if it's a blindside to the world (like with Seymour).  But if it's well known that this guy is on the trading block, you've lost a bit in terms of negotiating. Another great example is Cassell.  Everyone knew that he had to be traded and we only recieved a 2nd rounder in return.  You lose a little power when the cat's out of the bag. 
    Posted by PatsFanGermany

Sorry PatsfanGermany Adam Sheffler or whatever his name is already reported on NFL network the 6th pick IS WHAT Denver would recieve,

Sections
Shortcuts