brandon marshall for the 22nd pick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hagen910. Show hagen910's posts

brandon marshall for the 22nd pick

thoughts?  I know hes a punk but maybe a change and the presence of brady and welker will keep him in line.  young and full of talent.  If you believe mark schlereth (can't spell) from ESPN he would be a steal.  He says marshall is ready to grow up and make the necessary changes to be a productive member of the nfl and society.  Heard it before, but I think the risk is worth the reward.  it would be better then grapping a stop gap in derek mason.  although I would love to have mason if we don't add a proven wr. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Re: brandon marshall for the 22nd pick

he is IMPACT & UNCOVERABLE! - Opposite Moss - for one year - Instant offense!
    GO FOR IT - But the PATS won't.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hagen910. Show hagen910's posts

In Response to Re: brandon marshall for the 22nd pick:
    he is IMPACT & UNCOVERABLE! - Opposite Moss - for one year - Instant offense! GO FOR IT - But the PATS won't.
    Posted by NOISE

apparently the broncos are unwilling to settle for anything less then a 1st rd pick and the seahawks are not giving the number 6 pick to the broncos for him.  rotoworld.com is reporting the patriots are in the hunt.  the 22nd pick  is a nice happy medium.  imagine, moss, mashall, edelman, welker then next year marshall, welker and edelman.   Brady would be a very happy camper.  might even bring down his price tag a bit knowing he will have top WR locked up for several more years.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAPats. Show LAPats's posts

Agreed.  Go for it.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Colosoxman. Show Colosoxman's posts

If the seahawks sign him, they will get the 6th pick as reported by every person in the world why would the Bronocs take the 22nd if they can get the 6th? The Denver Post, Adam Scheffler, NFL.com all say they will get the 6th pick. But if the Hawks dont sign him then the Pats would be dumb not to sign him but I think the Hawks are hot for Brandon.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

It's not up to Seattle if Marshall were to sign with the Pats. He's a FA, abeit a RFA.

Opposite Moss with both healthy and into it they'd be potentially better than the 2007-8 offense

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

All the Patriots have to do to stop the Seahawks is sign him to a contract offer sheet,put a poison pill in the Contract and send the #22 pick in the draft to Denver. He left Seattle without a contract which means it's still first come first serve. I don't know him well enough to call him a punk or any other derogatory name. I know that no matter where the Patriots pick in this draft they will not get a better receiver in this draft.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

sign him 5 years 35 million with a 5 million signing bonus. the 22nd would be well worth giving up for him. add in a poison pill into the contract so the broncos cannot match ("if brandon marshall plays one game for the Denver Broncos he automatically recieves a 8 million dollar bonus") that would ensure that they cannot match so the deal would automatically go through. That would be a great WR set Moss, marshall, Tate, endelman, and welker. If we do end up trading the 2nd for olsen our offense would be amazing.  then we would just need a RB and an OT (my favorite is Jared veldheer) to take over the RT spot.  If our D can't stop them our offense will make it hard for the other team to keep up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

That's it!  Bill dumped the TE's and settled with whichever RB is healthy for the Red Zone, just so the Pat's can run a 3WR with Moss/Edelman-Welker/Marshall. 

An extra OT will play the TE spot, and another OG/OT with an entrenching tool and a few sandbags, will stay in the backfield in shotgun. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Physics. Show Physics's posts

It isn't necessarily for Denver to decide, right? As in, if the other team comes to terms, basically isn't Denver forced to match or take that pick?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Physics. Show Physics's posts

As noted about picks, I have to think the 6th pick probably expects, what, about 24 mil with 20 or so guaranteed over 4-5 years, right? How far off is this from Marshall-type money?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

sign him 5 years 35 million with a 5 million signing bonus. the 22nd would be well worth giving up for him. add in a poison pill into the contract so the broncos cannot match ("if brandon marshall plays one game for the Denver Broncos he automatically recieves a 8 million dollar bonus") that would ensure that they cannot match so the deal would automatically go through. That would be a great WR set Moss, marshall, Tate, endelman, and welker. If we do end up trading the 2nd for olsen our offense would be amazing.  then we would just need a RB and an OT (my favorite is Jared veldheer) to take over the RT spot.  If our D can't stop them our offense will make it hard for the other team to keep up.
    Posted by natesubs
    Last time the Patriots were in the same situation was Welker and rather than play the poison pill game they dealt with the Dolphins in a straight forward manner so I don't think they will use that particular tactic. I
    think the Patriots would be stupid not to inquire as to what the Broncos would want in return for him. Also maybe they could just send Thomas and a 4th round pick for their headcase.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

If you said 2011 first round draft pick I would say heck yeah. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

It isn't necessarily for Denver to decide, right? As in, if the other team comes to terms, basically isn't Denver forced to match or take that pick?
    Posted by Physics

Yes that is correct unless denver is willing to work out a deal for lesser/different compensation. However if another team signs the RFA Denver has 7 days to match the offer or accept the pick. 

This option of matching the offer is why i proposed making marshall an offer with a poison pill in it so Denver cannot match the offer and are forced to take the 22nd rather than the 6th from seattle if denver go a higher offer they would have no choice but to trade with us. A poison pill clause states "if brandon marshall plays one game for a team other than the patriots, his contract will increase with an instant bonus of 8 million" thus making it impossible to match the offer and impossible to match the offer and trade him to another team (seattle)

it is slightly underhanded and uses questionable ethics but would be quite effective.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bfletch56. Show bfletch56's posts

Best post I've seen on here in weeks. He is a game changer!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAPats. Show LAPats's posts

Agree about B Marshall.  I've been screaming on these boards to sign him up for like, 3 days now.  And I'm going to keep going on about it until BB takes his head out of his Back Down South and listens to ME. Only I, and every one who agrees with me, know how to proceed with this football team.  Just trust me, Bill.  I've watched TONS of football on TV!

But seriously:  I like the B Marshall for 22 idea.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

So the Patriots sign Marshall to an offersheet and Broncos do not match and he comes to NE.

How would Marshall do being the #2 WR?
    or
    How would Moss do being the #2 WR?
    or
    How would Marshall do when Welker comes back towards the end of the year?

Marshall likes to get the ball, when he doesn't he gets very upset!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Adam_Schefter
    While Denver’s restricted free-agent WR Brandon Marshall spent Sunday in Seattle, his name and future were being discussed in Cincinnati.

Bengals have contemplated pursuing Marshall. How serious the Bengals will be still is a matter of discussion within the organization.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Bengals have considered going after Marshall
    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 7, 2010 6:43 PM ET

The Bengals believe they need a wide receiver.

Antonio Bryant and Terrell Owens are two free agents to consider, but ESPN's Adam Schefter reports there have been internal discussions about going a splashier route.

The team has talked about going after Brandon Marshall via restricted free agency.  How serious the Bengals will be in their pursuit is a "matter of discussion within the organization." 

The Bengals pick No. 21 overall, but giving that pick up would strongly go against Mike Brown's history.  The Bengals grand poobah has used his first-round pick every year since 1989, and the value of a contract at that point of the round is outstanding.

The Seahawks hosted Marshall over the weekend, but it's unclear if they are willing to give up one of their first round picks to get him.  (They own No. 6 and No. 14 overall.) 

The Broncos have taken the position that they will only take a first-round pick for Marshall, as they should.  We still aren't sure if anyone is ready to give one up.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

hmmm, if Cincy is in the mix now - interesting.....would be ashame to see him in another Uni - if the Pats don't pursue him....??

He IS a GAME-CHANGER.  Hopefully the Pats are considering this!  It's the least they can do for BRADY!!

Moss / Marshall --- /> then when Welker comes back - ...wow....C'mon Patriots...Make that SPLASH! but GO for it this time!

at pick 22, there isn't a guy there that will make that much impact THIS upcoming year than Inking Marshall NOW.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

WOW , I dont know how many times , to how many people , in how many ways , Ive been saying get this guy! Actually all year , but anyway. Think of it this way if he was in the draft this year , would he be worth a first round pick...of coarse he would be. Like Randy this guy has a special skill set that sets him apart from 99% of the other receivers in the league. He can play the short game , bubble's , short slants/comebacks and crossing patterns. He also can stretch the field and beat you deep with slugos , posts and 9 routes. There might be 10 guys...ever that played his position that have a skill set like his , not trading for him because of his attitude , off the field BS would be just stupid. We've needed a X receiver to opposite Moss at the flanker for years and he is one of the best at that position. BTW Ive been saying for two months that Seattle would make a play for him , along with the 49ers, Lions and Cincy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

would be nice....but probably won't happen....we will throw J. Reed & D. Patten at Cromartie / Revis....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Doubts emerge regarding Bengals' interest in Brandon Marshall

I know the guy is a IDIOT but can play

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbincpumpkin. Show dbincpumpkin's posts

not even close!!!  This is a ridiculous suggestion at best !!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

There are pros and cons here don't know which way I would go... I guess it depends on the opinion of the individuals who evaluate the player when it comes to his maturity level etc.

Sections
Shortcuts