Brandon Marshall shipped to Chicago for 2 3rd round picks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Brandon Marshall shipped to Chicago for 2 3rd round picks

Miami out of a Marshall

Just announce on NFL network, no link yet.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Brandon Marshall shipped to Chicago for 2 3rd round picks

Steal!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

The bears were desperate for WR help so no surprise there, but it would help us in landing another free agent guy. Im sure they will bring in another guy as well, but this is good for us in a couple ways. We dont have to worry about him beating up our CB's anymore and its one more WR available in free agency who might not get to see big money.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

wow, tells me they have inside track on peyton and plan on bringing in a garcon, wayne and perhaps dallas clark as they transition the offense and MANNING up! miami is MANNING UPPP!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Marshall Faulk thinks Manning told Miami, Marshall doesn't fit get rid of him and we'll be Indy south, manning, clark, wayne and maybe garcon.  Wouldn't that be something? lol get to beat those guys now twice a year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

More moron moves by Chicago.  They're in a division that's tough and now they bring in a primadonna?   Earl Bennett is better than Marshall anyway and obviously cheaper.  Another blown draft coming up for Chicago even without Angelo at the wheel.

As for Miami, good move to right a wrong, but it may be too late.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Marshall shipped to Chicago for 2 3rd round picks:
    The bears were desperate for WR help so no surprise there, but it would help us in landing another free agent guy. Im sure they will bring in another guy as well, but this is good for us in a couple ways. We dont have to worry about him beating up our CB's anymore and its one more WR available in free agency who might not get to see big money.
    Posted by JayShizzle45

Seriously, LMAO...good call!  Similiarly, I neither wanted in any way to give up Two 3rd Rd Picks for Brandon Marshall (not sure I woulda wanted him on NE at all, in fact), Yet I'm just fine dealing with the fact of NE not having to face him twice a season, bare minimum...And IF this means that there's even a slightly less scenario that a team who is in the very top echelon of desperate for wide receiver help (i.e. Chicago Bears) won't leap for a guy (or 2) I love in The Draft, and/or toss desperate-person mullah on the 1 or 2 Free Agent wideouts that I MAY actually want to see here in NE...All the better. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

also saving Miami 10 mil a year off the cap, smart move I say.  There will be some good players available in the 3rd round specially at WR.  They can pickup a yound WR and a RT/OG type to solidify that OL.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

speaks volumes to Miami getting Peyton

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

More moron moves by Chicago.  They're in a division that's tough and now they bring in a primadonna?   Earl Bennett is better than Marshall anyway and obviously cheaper.  Another blown draft coming up for Chicago even without Angelo at the wheel. As for Miami, good move to right a wrong, but it may be too late.
    Posted by BassFishing

Agreed...  You'd be hard-pressed finding a player position on The NFL field, more detrimentally subject to the effects of things such as the cities offering the harshest of weather & field playing conditions...As: Players fitting pretty perfectly into #1 Archetypal prima donna Wide Receiver stereotypical mold...(not that many exceptions in the past 15+ years or so...Moss for a year and a half in NE before the prima donna in him, woke up; Johnson in Buffalo, who one might argue would have exceedingly better output if you placed him in- well=Anywhere else).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

The biggest mistake Miami could make is to get Payton Manning. Just go after Matt Flynn!

Am I the only one who questions Gomer's ability to be Gomer in 2012?  I am stunned the media isn't more on top of this angle.  They're all focusing on where he goes instead of how healthy he is.

If he's healthy, why didn't Indy activate his deal and then trade him? Why didn't Gomer help his franchise?  You know why? Because they didnt' want to take the risk of being stuck with him in fear of his ego, his injury and the money needed for Luck.

lol

It's hilarious to me that people think Manning is some savior of some team at 36 years old and one hit away from a wheelchair, after missing a season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

The biggest mistake Miami could make is to get Payton Manning. Just go after Matt Flynn! Am I the only one who questions Gomer's ability to be Gomer in 2012?  I am stunned the media isn't more on top of this angle.  They're all focusing on where he goes instead of how healthy he is. If he's healthy, why didn't Indy activate his deal and then trade him? Why didn't Gomer help his franchise?  You know why? Because they didnt' want to take the risk of being stuck with him in fear of his ego, his injury and the money needed for Luck. lol It's hilarious to me that people think Manning is some savior of some team at 36 years old and one hit away from a wheelchair, after missing a season.
    Posted by BassFishing

If your QB is Tim Tebow or Matt Hasselback/Jake Locker or Matt Moore or John Skelton, why wouldn't you make a push for Peyton? 

Peyton will certainly undergo a serious team physical and workout before any deal is signed, so the team is then responsible for their own decision.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Brandon Marshall shipped to Chicago for 2 3rd round picks:
    Miami out of a Marshall Just announce on NFL network, no link yet.
    Posted by Pats7393

Here's a link: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/13/2691697/miami-dolphins-trade-receiver.html

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

More moron moves by Chicago.  They're in a division that's tough and now they bring in a primadonna?   Earl Bennett is better than Marshall anyway and obviously cheaper.  Another blown draft coming up for Chicago even without Angelo at the wheel. As for Miami, good move to right a wrong, but it may be too late.
    Posted by BassFishing

Marshall was Jay Cutler's go to WR in Denver. This deal makes sense for both teams:
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-bears-acquire-pro-bowl-receiver-brandon-marshall-20120313,0,6269822.story

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ah5srkkwbMTDqeDOtldcovo5nYcB?slug=nfp-20120313_breaking_bears_trade_for_brandon_marshall

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

How could Chicago do this? Aren't they in "salary cap hell"? I mean when they signed Peppers a couple of years ago they weren't supposed to be able to go out and sign anyone else...right?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Am I the only one who questions Gomer's ability to be Gomer in 2012?  I am stunned the media isn't more on top of this angle.  They're all focusing on where he goes instead of how healthy he is. Posted by BassFishing

This may make you feel less alone . . .

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82790c9a/article/three-reasons-teams-should-pause-in-pursuit-of-peyton-manning?module=HP11_content_stream

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Marshall shipped to Chicago for 2 3rd round picks :      Marshall was Jay Cutler's go to WR in Denver. This deal makes sense for both teams: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-bears-acquire-pro-bowl-receiver-brandon-marshall-20120313,0,6269822.story
    Posted by TexasPat3

It doesn't, though. Marshall has bipolar disorder and is a primadonna. So, adding him to Cutler yet again, another primadonna is a good idea?   If you want it to blow up again, I suppose it's a great idea!  lol

Besides, they're in nasty division and Briggs and Urlacher don't have much time left. Desperation.

Only morons like Mt. Hurl would praise moron organizations. lmao

Every year. Same routine. Will Mt. Hurl be praising the Jets, too?  lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Marshall is an excellent ball player. I've seen him play a few times. I'm glad he's out of the conference. I wonder what he'd have done with Brady throwing it too him?
    Salary cap hell doesnt matter right now mthurl. apparently anyway.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Marshall shipped to Chicago for 2 3rd round picks : If your QB is Tim Tebow or Matt Hasselback/Jake Locker or Matt Moore or John Skelton, why wouldn't you make a push for Peyton?  Peyton will certainly undergo a serious team physical and workout before any deal is signed, so the team is then responsible for their own decision.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards

But, then why did you

Why would you stunt the QBs growth after drafting him so high? That makes no sense. Absolutely zero sense.

If I am Miami, I want Flynn, not Manning.  Yes, but if you spend time going after Manning, someone else goes after a Flynn or Orton, then you lose if GOmer's neck comes up soft.

This is no different than Favre in 2008 or 2009.  If I am Manning I want a legit RB to hand off to and Reggie Bush ain't that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Originally Denver traded Brandon Marshall to Miami for two second round picks.  Then Miami signed Marshall to an additional four years for $47.5 million dollars including $24 million guaranteed, and $29 million of that was in the first three years. 

I expect that Miami got the joy of paying off the bonus money and the first two frontloaded years of salary.  Chicago gets a guy who is still way overpriced but not as bad as what Miami paid, and it costs Chicago two third rounders.

Chicago is way stupid.  Miami has taken more than its share of the hit with this drunken fool, but yes, Miami salvages itself a small victory today.

Chicago has the option of cutting Marshall at any time, cutting its losses to two third rounders.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

If Marshall plays every done he is a steal........(He is known to take plays off)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Paul is on the ball as usual.

But, wait, Mt Hurl will tell you that there is no salary cap and arbitrarily spending and trading for overpaid primadonnas is always wise. lmao

Sections
Shortcuts