Brandon Marshall to Tryout for the NBA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Brandon Marshall to Tryout for the NBA

I doubt the Dolphins and Parcells would let this happen but it's still interesting to think about. Brandon Marshall told Adam Schefter that if there's a lockout in the NFL, he plans to try out for the Denver Nuggets and another NBA team. He has already hired a basketball coach.

No link as of now anywhere online so you'll just have to trust me when I say this. If I find something, I'll post it here.

** UPDATE WITH LINK **
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/12/brandon-marshalls-lockout-plan-includes-basketball/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Re: Brandon Marshall to Tryout for the NBA

thats stupid brandon...just stay in miami and win a ring with the phins and heat

Cool

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Yep Lebron has made a joke of himself. Whenever guys like Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson and Sir Charles publicly denounce a player with Lebron's ability and marketing then he must have really shot himself in the foot. Poor advice and worst decision making.

Marshall does nothing for his image with his statement regarding the NBA. He is already one of the only players ever to be considered a gamble given his high level of production. This cannot possibly make the Dolphins happy!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Will be fun to watch this time bomb go off during Miami's season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Marshall to Tryout for the NBA:
    Yep Lebron has made a joke of himself. Whenever guys like Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson and Sir Charles publicly denounce a player with Lebron's ability and marketing then he must have really shot himself in the foot. Poor advice and worst decision making. Marshall does nothing for his image with his statement regarding the NBA. He is already one of the only players ever to be considered a gamble given his high level of production. This cannot possibly make the Dolphins happy!
    Posted by TrueChamp

not to start a basketball war in the football thread...

but come on...did jordan have HOF's around him? did magic? did chuck leave in free agency for houston?

look im no fan of the "decision" but all these guys are hypocrites...they all played with other HOF's and now lebron will get his chance to do the same

as for marshall...i dont think he is being all that serious about it and i highly doubt the NFL decides to sh*t where they eat and go for the lockout route

also i believe its marshall hips that bother him, not the knees...either way...loved the way the phins defense looked running vanilla plays against the bucs and we kept everyone healthy sans will allen who is out for the pre-season

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Marshall to Tryout for the NBA : not to start a basketball war in the football thread... but come on...did jordan have HOF's around him? did magic? did chuck leave in free agency for houston? look im no fan of the "decision" but all these guys are hypocrites...they all played with other HOF's and now lebron will get his chance to do the same as for marshall...i dont think he is being all that serious about it and i highly doubt the NFL decides to sh*t where they eat and go for the lockout route also i believe its marshall hips that bother him, not the knees...either way...loved the way the phins defense looked running vanilla plays against the bucs and we kept everyone healthy sans will allen who is out for the pre-season
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

I'm a basketball purist and I'll tell you that while they too played with Hall of Famers, none of them held a one-hour entertainment spectacle to announce they were joining with their superstar nemises to form a power team. They also did not set the standard for the number of championships they'd win together at 5+. They also did not get on live t.v. and dance together, rise out from the stage like they were U2 or something, and then have the likes of a high school pep rally.

Jordan took his lumps as a player and through shrewd drafting and careful free agent signings of role players, the Bulls built a dynasty. Same with the L.A. Lakers dynasty. Celtics, same. Whether you gave up money or not is irrelevant because let's not kid ourselves here: they're going to make it all back through endorsements they already have and the few more they'll get after the win a title or two.

People like Malone, Barkely and Stockton would undoubtedly be rubbed the wrong way because I grew up watching these guys put in blood, sweat, and tears into winning just one ring but they always ran into a stout Bulls dynasty or Lakers dynasty. They retired without rings but with pride that's immeasurable; they did it the right way, the honorable way. At no point did Malone say, "I can't beat MJ so let's pair up with him in Chicago." Yes, he signed on with the Lakers late in his career but come on, the guy was on fumes so he wanted one last shot at a ring.

I'm no Miami Heat "hater" but this was a ridiculous way of approaching the prime years of your career. Then again, today's NBA is a different animal and so I wouldn't expect any better from a hip hop/sneakers league.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Marshall to Tryout for the NBA : not to start a basketball war in the football thread... but come on...did jordan have HOF's around him? did magic? did chuck leave in free agency for houston? look im no fan of the "decision" but all these guys are hypocrites...they all played with other HOF's and now lebron will get his chance to do the same as for marshall...i dont think he is being all that serious about it and i highly doubt the NFL decides to sh*t where they eat and go for the lockout route also i believe its marshall hips that bother him, not the knees...either way...loved the way the phins defense looked running vanilla plays against the bucs and we kept everyone healthy sans will allen who is out for the pre-season
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Nice to hear someone from Miami who is also critical of the decision.  I thought everyone was in too much of a rush to hop on the Heat bandwagon to notice how egotistical it was to hold his own special on TV rather than just announce it like everyone else.  I respect the lifelong Dolphins fans who stand by their team, but there were no Heat fans and now they're popping out of holes in the ground.

Regardless, it'd be really funny if the NBA had a lockout, too.  I wonder what Marshall would do then...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Marshall to Tryout for the NBA : I'm a basketball purist and I'll tell you that while they too played with Hall of Famers, none of them held a one-hour entertainment spectacle to announce they were joining with their superstar nemises to form a power team. They also did not set the standard for the number of championships they'd win together at 5+. They also did not get on live t.v. and dance together, rise out from the stage like they were U2 or something, and then have the likes of a high school pep rally. Jordan took his lumps as a player and through shrewd drafting and careful free agent signings of role players, the Bulls built a dynasty. Same with the L.A. Lakers dynasty. Celtics, same. Whether you gave up money or not is irrelevant because let's not kid ourselves here: they're going to make it all back through endorsements they already have and the few more they'll get after the win a title or two. People like Malone, Barkely and Stockton would undoubtedly be rubbed the wrong way because I grew up watching these guys put in blood, sweat, and tears into winning just one ring but they always ran into a stout Bulls dynasty or Lakers dynasty. They retired without rings but with pride that's immeasurable; they did it the right way, the honorable way. At no point did Malone say, "I can't beat MJ so let's pair up with him in Chicago." Yes, he signed on with the Lakers late in his career but come on, the guy was on fumes so he wanted one last shot at a ring. I'm no Miami Heat "hater" but this was a ridiculous way of approaching the prime years of your career. Then again, today's NBA is a different animal and so I wouldn't expect any better from a hip hop/sneakers league.
    Posted by apdynasty23

but the only one there was didnt have a stacked team when they arrived was jordan...and by the time that phil was coaching him, they absolutely had a stacked team

its just a difference in how the team was created that most people have an issue with(aside from the decision, distraction)...it was the first time a free agent team had really been created in the NBA...im sure the same way it rubs people wrong when the yankees sign everyone in free agency...because they can

i think its great that these players did what was best for themselves(and for my team) and didnt stay in their perspective worm holes of a city with cleveland and toronto and generally the reaction they have gotten since then...tells me they are were right to leave with the spite they recieved in hind sight

KG even said that he wouldnt have stayed all those years in minnesota had he had the chance to leave earlier...but he kept signing big money extensions and didnt win until he left and now will likely end up with no more than one ring and a team in minnesota that could care less about him, tarnishing his legacy there too

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Marshall to Tryout for the NBA : Nice to hear someone from Miami who is also critical of the decision.  I thought everyone was in too much of a rush to hop on the Heat bandwagon to notice how egotistical it was to hold his own special on TV rather than just announce it like everyone else.  I respect the lifelong Dolphins fans who stand by their team, but there were no Heat fans and now they're popping out of holes in the ground. Regardless, it'd be really funny if the NBA had a lockout, too.  I wonder what Marshall would do then...
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

well that is what kills me about this

the heat have been in miami for the 2nd longest time period of the city's four major sports(1989) and i was a fan of them in the seikaly, rice, askins, steve smith, harold minor days...so by lebron coming...the bangwagon filled greatly...but being this is pats forum...its not entirely different for them either...i mean look how the bandwagon filled after 2001...crustygriswold can speak to this topic too

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Posted by kansaspatriot

if you didnt care what was in this thread, then why post in it?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Hey JackYourselfOffSilly, We are all anxiously awaiting your analysis of that stunning performance the other night against TB. You know, the game where Henne looked terrible and Vontae Davis was torched by Josh Freeman and a 4th rd rookie pick? Break down your analysis of the new look Miami Dolphins for us. Thanks.
    Posted by russgriswold

easy...it was the first preseason game of the year played in a monsoon...it was sloppy no doubt

henne looked bad only because their was a handful of drops while he was in there...but the defense looked spectacular on the whole and i think starks will be a + NT when considering his size

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

Rusty, I think it's bed time for you...I mean really? Sounds to me your petrified of this Dolphin team. It's written all over your infantile posts.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

That's your analysis?   So when I say Brady missed 2008 and NE won 11 games, you say "stop with the excuses". Doesn't always work when you want it to, does it? I knew you wouldn't be able to analyze well.  It's your own team and you can't even articulate an opinion.  Speaks volumes.
    Posted by russgriswold

what does brady have to do with anything in this thread?

if you are pointing out that injuries hurt teams, yet shouldnt be made excuses...then id say, no sh*t sherlock, or thanks captain obvious

as far as analysis goes...i was on a golf pub crawl during the game and only caught a quick glimpse of it on tv while in McFaddens...my analysis goes off what i read about the game...the offense was sloppy in a monsoon and the defense played very, very well sans two plays

does that speak volumes or should i try to drown out your BB knob sucking sounds?

ps...when the pats get their as.ses handed to them by the phins in miami...dont let injuries be your excuse as to why...its sad and pathetic reasoning and the season hasnt even started yet

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

yes, god forbid i bypass a pre-season game that wasnt on local tv here in massachusetts in favor of going out with my friends in one of the most fun drinking cities in the world

an awful idea indeed

i should just burn everything afc east related that i can find to drown my misery over not watching the 1st pre-season game of the year

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

What a tool. The games have been re-run for days on NFL Network. You could probably also find it on the web somewhere uploaded to some geek Dolphin fan blog. Funny how I give you a chance to legitimately talk football here instead of trolling, and you have no interest.
    Posted by russgriswold

A. i have charter cable...they refuse to deal with the NFL...gee, sorry
    B. the game happened less than 48 hours ago...i have a life with things to do and a job...sorry i havent made the time to debate you here from my own opinion
    C. the game was pre-season game, played in a monsoon where no dolphins sustained any serious injury...those 3 factors alone could probably tell a reasonable football fan that the game was low scoring and sloppy...which it was...i know, i know...big shocker there!

but why would i confuse you with a reasonable football fan when you arent even close to reasonable...not even a little bit

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

i appreciate the defense killa

my guess is you will find where i said the phins are clearly better than the pats where you can find where i said that chad henne is better than brady

these qoutes, i anxiously await for crusty to find on this forum...i bet he finds jimmy hoffa in there too

but then again...what more can you expect from someone who expects perfect football to be played in a monsoon with the 1st pre-season game of the year...i mean...because the phins won the game and suffered no major injuries, their season is clearly over before it begins right?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Marshall to Tryout for the NBA : A. i have charter cable...they refuse to deal with the NFL...gee, sorry B. the game happened less than 48 hours ago...i have a life with things to do and a job...sorry i havent made the time to debate you here from my own opinion C. the game was pre-season game, played in a monsoon where no dolphins sustained any serious injury...those 3 factors alone could probably tell a reasonable football fan that the game was low scoring and sloppy...which it was...i know, i know...big shocker there! but why would i confuse you with a reasonable football fan when you arent even close to reasonable...not even a little bit
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

You didn't miss much. I struggled through the first half and it was an awful game.
     The field was absolute junk especially where the infield dirt is. Absolutely nothing to see or judge by. Better luck this week on the weather.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Barkley was a cheap shot artist. He elbowed a guy in the olympics for christsakes. Anything he says is irrelivant too me. Lebron has never lived outside of Cleveland, I don't blame him for going to Miami. as for the other theatrics I think their dumb to do that stuff, but who am I to say. I'm not a multi-gazillionaire.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Marshall to Tryout for the NBA : You didn't miss much. I struggled through the first half and it was an awful game.  The field was absolute junk especially where the infield dirt is. Absolutely nothing to see or judge by. Better luck this week on the weather.
    Posted by ewhite1065

yeah...pretty much what ive read about it

on the bright side, with the marlins getting their new stadium in 2012, the phins/canes wont have to deal with the infield dirt for too much longer

next week is in jacksonville, completing the battle of the florida teams...i hope to see more from my guys as i think the jaguars are going to be awful this year

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Barkley was a cheap shot artist. He elbowed a guy in the olympics for christsakes. Anything he says is irrelivant too me. Lebron has never lived outside of Cleveland, I don't blame him for going to Miami. as for the other theatrics I think their dumb to do that stuff, but who am I to say. I'm not a multi-gazillionaire.
    Posted by Philskiw

agreed...i used to like listening to chuck...but he has interjected too much of his personal, contradictory opinion far too often recently

i mean its not like barkley didnt ride the coattails of olajuwan and clyde the glyde in houston right?

chuck just needs to shut up

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

BTW Jimmy if you want to stream the games ATHDE.net seems to be the best from what other posters have said. I watched the Colts game on there the other day and it was pretty good once it got rolling.
    Another option is Channelsurfing.net

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

BTW Jimmy if you want to stream the games ATHDE.net seems to be the best from what other posters have said. I watched the Colts game on there the other day and it was pretty good once it got rolling. Another option is Channelsurfing.net
    Posted by ewhite1065

hey, cool...thanks

are these games only streaming through the sites or can i download them and watch at my own leisure?

it would be orgasmic if they played on the PS3 web browser so i can still watch on my tv

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/17/brandon-marshall-punts-again/

For your reading pleasure Jimmy, lol.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/17/brandon-marshall-punts-again/ For your reading pleasure Jimmy, lol.
    Posted by whodeawhodat

i read that this morning...i think its interesting though because it indicated how well the defense is playing under nolan's system

as for marshall...his body of work speaks for itself...the guy is a great competitor and i have little doubt that he will have a big year

Sections
Shortcuts