Brandon Marshall...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowlick316. Show cowlick316's posts

Brandon Marshall...

While I understand that he has numerous off the field issues, it is still unclear to me as to why there has not been more discussion of the Patriots trading for Brandon Marshall. Moss is as good as gone after this season, and we will be in need of a legitimate #1 receiver. Who better than Brandon Marshall? He has been among the league leaders in catches, yards, and touchdowns the past 3 seasons. Imagine lining him up opposite Moss, albeit for only one season. Add Welker and Edelman come playoff time and this team would shred defenses. And apparently he can be had for just a second rounder?! We've rehabilitated Dillon and Moss before, why not take a chance on this elite talent. He's certainly better than anything you'd be getting in the second round this year, as far as wide receivers go. I hope the front office is at least kicking the tires on this one. Seems like a no brainer to me. Even if only to keep him away from the Jets. Add him to their roster and they suddenly become scary good. I'll keep my fingers crossed on draft day.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Brandon Marshall...

Yes, we will be in need of a legitimate #1 receiver after Moss is gone. I still think he's got a few years left and I don't think he'll be leaving after this year.

Even if Moss does leave, Marshall is not the guy I want to replace him. Sure his production is there but there's a reason nobody's lining up to get him right now. He's a head case if there ever was one. HE was the one who was supposed to be killed that night in 2007. HE was the one that was targeted that night after starting a fight in a club. HE was the one who's been charged with several instances of assault/battery. I love people bringing up Moss and Dillon as players we've rehabilited. There's two elements to that. For one, they didn't do anything that bad off the field. I think the worst issue off the field between them was Moss admitting to HBO that he smoked weed in the off-season. Secondly, "rehabilitating" a player is 100% contigent on who's in your locker room. You can't "rehabilitate" Brandon Marshall when most of your locker is filled with guys that are first, second, third year players who haven't even won two straight playoff games yet. With Moss and Dillon, we had several Super Bowl trophies to our name, we had Bruschi, McGinest, Harrison, Brady, Vrabel, Romeo Crennel, Charlie Weiss. Based on what Brady and Belichick said throughout the seasons, this team is ALREADY young and inexperienced and immature at times. The goal this season is to continue building on last year and make adjustments. By bringing in someone like Marshall, you're one mishap away from bringing your team back a few more years in terms of building a mature, veteran locker room.

Let the Jets have him. It'll make Hard Knocks more interesting and they're always going to be one Sanchez pick away from imploding. Rex Ryan's rah-rah style of coaching only works so much and then it'll backfire. Watch.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowlick316. Show cowlick316's posts

Like it or not, the Jets are a good team. To say that we have to rely on Sanchez to throw a pick every time we need him to is a lame cop out. The guy has already beaten us once, as a rookie. Everyone goes through growing pains as a rookie and everyone throws interceptions. You're living in a fantasy world if you don't think Sanchez and the Jets will be better next season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Ive been all for bringing him in here. I dont care about his "off the field" BS , besides he hasnt had any issues in almost two years. I want my fav athletes to produce , I dont care how nice they are , or how much they tip the pizza guy etc. Marshall's a top 5 WR that has a special skill set , one the league has never really seen before. Hes nowhere near Randy , but he does have a unique game. He can do it all and he does it well. He can play the short game giving you bubble screens and short slants/comebacks and stretch the field with post and 9 routes all day. Marshall is in his prime , a true number one ( theres only 6-7 in the whole league ) , and a proven all pro who showed he can carry the load being Denvers only real threat on O.
     I have to comment real quick in terms of Moss and Dillion. Moss was never a " head case " , he never had real off the field issues etc. The guy wanted to win and Minnesota let the inmates run the prison. When they werent winning and Moss wasnt getting the ball , " he was like , hey Im your best player and biggest weapon , lets lose firing all our guns " . Thats not a quote from him , just how he felt there , hes a team player that loves structure and being coached up by the best. In Oakland , well cmon now , do I even have to get into that. No QB , no other rec's , no rb , no oline , no D ..HHHmmm what else , oh yea no coach , half dead owner , 'bout it. And oh yea 120 sacks in two years tends to get to you when your running 40-50 yard sprints all day and barely getting off the line before your QB is eating dirt.
    Dillion was the same deal , good guy on a terrible team , they both want to win , did all they could to help their old teams..it didnt work out , so what. They wanted to move on and win somewhere else , what is the problem? Sign 81 to another 3 year deal , the guy balled out last year 83/1265/13 w/ a sep shoulder and bad back. The guy has at least 4 more years left. Moss and Marshall could/would re-write the record books and help bring us back to the SB!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Didn't Marshall refuse to play in the broncos last game of the season? He said he had an injury that should prevent him from playing and the Broncos disagreed- after he said he wouldnt play, mcdaniels "benched" him- it ws basically just a face-saving maneuver on mcD's part. As I recall, that game was against the chiefs and a win would've put the broncos in the playoffs
    To my untrained eyes, he's the best receiver around, but he's absolutely nuts. Too bad because he's fun to watch

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Brandon Marshall went up and meet with the Seattle and Front Office.  Most people assumed he was going to go there as Pete Caroll was looking to make a splash. 

Nothing came of that meeting.  You have to wonder how poorly Marshall came off that Seattle has not decided to pull the trigger.  People keep talking about how the Pats should be interested in this guy, but I dont see to many other teams that seem interested in him (is the Jets interest real or just smokescreen?). 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

Marshall is not coming to the Pats!  How long can people beat a dead horse!  I would love too see Marshall in a Pats uniform, but it's not happening!

Just let it go, let it go.......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Marshall...:
    Like it or not, the Jets are a good team. To say that we have to rely on Sanchez to throw a pick every time we need him to is a lame cop out. The guy has already beaten us once, as a rookie. Everyone goes through growing pains as a rookie and everyone throws interceptions. You're living in a fantasy world if you don't think Sanchez and the Jets will be better next season.
    Posted by cowlick316

Just because Sanchez was at QB does not mean that he beat NE.  If I recall it was Rex's D and the jests running game that did all the work.  It was only his 2nd pro game, so I think you are giving him a little more credit than he deserves.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Marshall... : Just because Sanchez was at QB does not mean that he beat NE.  If I recall it was Rex's D and the jests running game that did all the work.  It was only his 2nd pro game, so I think you are giving him a little more credit than he deserves.
    Posted by patsfaninsatx

Either that or some aren't giving Sanchez enough credit :)

He was indeed a rookie. So far, he is playing like Jay Cutler - glimpses of both his potential and mental mistakes - BUT, he was a rookie. I think it would be unfair to cast him off as a failure after 1 season, just like it's unwarranted to declare him as the second coming ....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Posted by cowlick316

Too early yo tell if they improved.....

Right now the Jets may have improved their CB, but downgraded their RB and Safety...Sanchez is recovering from minor knee surgery.....too many question marks like all the other teams....

So who is living in the fantasy world?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

I'd trade the 2011 1st round pick from Oakland to get Marshall. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

I'd trade the 2011 1st round pick from Oakland to get Marshall. 
    Posted by ShiningWizard

LOL!  Thank God you are not the GM....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Fantasy football and real football are two different things, folks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Marshall... : LOL!  Thank God you are not the GM....
    Posted by m1021us

Why?  The real value to that move would be not giving up anything in this year's draft.  It also puts Moss and Marshall on the field together for one great run at a SB.  Hands down this makes the Pats a SB favorite in 2010.  Besides, if McNabb goes to Oakland, that pick goes from being top 5 to top 15. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Marshall... : Why?  The real value to that move would be not giving up anything in this year's draft.  It also puts Moss and Marshall on the field together for one great run at a SB.  Hands down this makes the Pats a SB favorite in 2010.  Besides, if McNabb goes to Oakland, that pick goes from being top 5 to top 15. 
    Posted by ShiningWizard

That right there is the problem......I want more than 1 great run....I want many....and it is not just trading a great pick away, but having to pay the guy.... 

And going from top 5 to top 15 in the draft is not all that bad when you have 2 1st round picks.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Denver who many are calling the New England Patriots 2.0 don't want this guy. He doesn't want to be there. McDaniels seems to be a little more player friendly than Bill can't get along with this guy. You think Marshall is going to get along with Bill? Now if I'm Al Davis and I get McNabb, I'm calling Denver to see about Marshall.
    Posted by MaritimePatsFan

Those 2 moves would cost him all of his 1st and 2nd rnd picks this season.....and he doesn't have a first next year.....

Then again, they need more veterans that can help...and they have been failing in the draft.... so maybe that isn't such a bad idea for Oakland's POV.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

m1021us... I agree with you I want a long term plan but Moss is likely gone after this season and you would then just use his salary slot for Marshall so to speak. Having said that I don't think it will happen for one reason and one reason only I think Kraft and Belichick to a lesser degree have come to agreement that they want to go back towards high character guys again... they didn't like the crap that happened in the locker room this past season.

And if it did happen it wouldn't cost a first anyway it would cost a second round... suposidly Denver would take a second for him.

Which is also why there is no way Fat @ss A. Thomas is with the team at the start of the season... I think they would trade him somewhere that might use him for a 7th rounder if it meant moving him outside the AFC East especially. The Bears, Oakland, Tampa Bay, Detroit and even Green Bay might be interested in a deal like that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Its clear from the fact that no one is even talking about this guy that the entire NFL is afraid of him due to character issues and his unrealistic salary expectations.

We should continue to ignore him and look for an upgrade at WR in the draft.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

m1021us... I agree with you I want a long term plan but Moss is likely gone after this season and you would then just use his salary slot for Marshall so to speak. Having said that I don't think it will happen for one reason and one reason only I think Kraft and Belichick to a lesser degree have come to agreement that they want to go back towards high character guys again... they didn't like the crap that happened in the locker room this past season. And if it did happen it wouldn't cost a first anyway it would cost a second round... suposidly Denver would take a second for him. Which is also why there is no way Fat @ss A. Thomas is with the team at the start of the season... I think they would trade him somewhere that might use him for a 7th rounder if it meant moving him outside the AFC East especially. The Bears, Oakland, Tampa Bay, Detroit and even Green Bay might be interested in a deal like that.
    Posted by DaBlade

So the pats getting away from bad character guys would be ok to get Marshall, a bad character guy?  That would be a reason that the Pats won't be getting Marshall.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I am glad to see that most people on this post say "No" to Brandon Marshall.  I like the direction this team is taking and I don't want to see a disease like BM set us back.  I don't care if he can catch balls with his feet.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Physics. Show Physics's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Marshall... : Those 2 moves would cost him all of his 1st and 2nd rnd picks this season.....and he doesn't have a first next year..... Then again, they need more veterans that can help...and they have been failing in the draft.... so maybe that isn't such a bad idea for Oakland's POV.
    Posted by m1021us

Well, Al may want to win now anyway.. e.g., if I was an owner and getting up there in age, why not try to throw in all of your chips on a runner runner? I mean, add McNabb and Marshall to that team and tell me you don't think they at least compete for a wildcard? They have a decent defense, a great TE, good RB potential... I can easily see them swinging 9 wins in that division.

As for the Jets, look, I'd hate to see them with Marshall, but I think the PSL thing is part of all of this, too... Sanchez is young and a LOT of QBs do WORSE in year 2... You always look 'better' when you win, e.g., see how much of a success Joe Flacco is and then look at his actual numbers as a QB...  Anyway, my guess is that Miami is really the team to watch, not just the Jets. And heck, Miami beat the Jets twice and I don't see how the Jets did anything to address what Miami does well..  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Here is one way I would like to see Marshall here - as a straight up trade for A.T. Would consider giving up a 7th rounder or a 6th rounder in addition..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

I still cant understand for the life of me way there is so much hatred for this guy...oh yea thats right none of you have a clue! I love how you losers pretend like you really know these guys. Like you guys have any idea what happens in any locker room or actually know the slightest thing about these guys. I heard one moron on here talk about Marshalls contract demands and the $ he wants , like you have any idea. We can get a top 5 WR in his prime for a steal and your worried about his manners. Get a clue!