Brandon Marshall...punk extrodinaire...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Birdcaron. Show Birdcaron's posts

Brandon Marshall...punk extrodinaire...

http://bingobar.blogspot.com/2010/04/dolphins-land-serial-woman-beater-then.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Brandon Marshall...punk extrodinaire...

My biggest concern with a guy like this -- particularly if I'm a coach -- is what happens to this kind of guy when he thinks his work is done? He's got what he said he wanted in a new environment and he's got several large piles of money, so I ask myself: "Is this the kind of guy who will now be motivated to behave himself and perform, or is he more interested in "the lifestyle?"

It's entirely possible Miami has secured a monster for the long term.

It's equally possible they just bought an extended migraine.

We shall see.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

its entirely possible they locked up a receiver that will lead them to the super bowl...but hey...dont let that get in the way of the flying elvis glasses

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Thats only if you think Chad henne is going to take to the super bowl cause at this point in his career I say no way they make the super bowl.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Marshall...punk extrodinaire...:
    its entirely possible they locked up a receiver that will lead them to the super bowl...but hey...dont let that get in the way of the flying elvis glasses
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

LOL!  Thanks!  I needed a good laugh!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Thats only if you think Chad henne is going to take to the super bowl cause at this point in his career I say no way they make the super bowl.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

Tell me about it.....I don't recall Orton taking Denver to the Superbowl last year.....and Henne is worse.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Henne has a cannon of a arm and he looks good back there so I think he will turn into a good QB better then the Trent Dilfer's of the world but I dont think he will win a super bowl in the next 3 years or anything like that but he is good enough to start.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Reading comprehension should have been covered in grammar school.

I'm afraid I can't help you, now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Henne has a cannon of a arm and he looks good back there so I think he will turn into a good QB better then the Trent Dilfer's of the world but I dont think he will win a super bowl in the next 3 years or anything like that but he is good enough to start.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

I would say that righ about now he is a below average QB....Maybe Marshall will bring him up to average......we will see.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

dolphins look better than they did last year... but if that running game has to lean on Ricky for 10 games again i dont see them finishing better than 8-8

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Mike Lombardi's opinion of the trade:

"Miami paid dearly — both in the contract for Marshall (most NFL executives think the Dolphins significantly overpaid — $13.25 million per for two additional years is QB money, which is going to make it tough for the Chargers to re-sign Vincent Jackson) and two No. 2s. McDaniels played this one perfectly, getting value for Marshall."

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Diner-morning-news-Is-Big-Ben-on-the-market.html

Always pleasant to see a division rival going down the tubes.  I'm a little worried about Denver, though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Posted by MVPKilla2009

hey, im not saying the phins are going to win the super bowl either, history and other factors are against them...but this other fool comparing him to orton is ridonkulous...and its sad i had to use a made up word to describe the irrational thoughts of others

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Mike Lombardi's opinion of the trade: "Miami paid dearly — both in the contract for Marshall (most NFL executives think the Dolphins significantly overpaid — $13.25 million per for two additional years is QB money, which is going to make it tough for the Chargers to re-sign Vincent Jackson) and two No. 2s. McDaniels played this one perfectly, getting value for Marshall." http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Diner-morning-news-Is-Big-Ben-on-the-market.html Always pleasant to see a division rival going down the tubes.  I'm a little worried about Denver, though.
    Posted by Paul_K

one guys opinion and the team is going down the tubes? okkkkkkk...whatever helps you sleep at night

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

Don't listen to them Jimmy..it's called D E N I AL. You know they're worried about the Fins. Reality is going to slap them in the face. The Patriots just aren't the team they were or the team to beat for that matter.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Don't listen to them Jimmy..it's called D E N I AL. You know they're worried about the Fins. Reality is going to slap them in the face. The Patriots just aren't the team they were or the team to beat for that matter.
    Posted by perfect72

the way i see it...the pats morphed from the dolphins of the 70's(power running, playaction, and defensive players that love to knock people around) into the dolphins of the 80's - the killer bees defense)(ie. pass, pass, pass to set up the pass, pass to set up the run and pass a little more)

as far as im concerned, brady can lead a team to score whenever he wants to...but the greatest teams always were balanced with tough, physical running and a great playaction pass and that is exactly what they did when they have antoine smith and corey dillon pounding the rock

if the pats dont go back to having a more aggressive offense as far as beat em up football is concerned, i think its a team that will continue to decline and IMO, even as a phins fan...with brady in his prime...that is a shame...just you wait...it will get as painful to watch brady near the end as it was to watch marino and i think alot of that is a lack of a consistent ground game

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

Posted by perfect72

I for one would have liked to have Marshall here, good pick up for the Phins and if NE doesn't win the division I hope it's you guys and not the Jets.

With that being said, don't be dumb. It's April. We haven't even had the Draft. A little early to count us out don't you think? We've made the playoffs 9 out of the last 10 years. But you can have your fun now if you want...

One more thing, do you live in Miami?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Marshall...punk extrodinaire... : I for one would have liked to have Marshall here, good pick up for the Phins and if NE doesn't win the division I hope it's you guys and not the Jets. With that being said, don't be dumb. It's April. We haven't even had the Draft. A little early to count us out don't you think? We've made the playoffs 9 out of the last 10 years. But you can have your fun now if you want... One more thing, do you live in Miami?
    Posted by KellieMB

i agree...and as a phins fan...id rather see the pats win than the jets...of course id rather see buffalo beat both NE and NYJ but hey, no one gets miracles all the time

truth be told its to early to know how any of this is going to shake out...as it stands now, the phins acquired a heck of a receiver at the price of 2, 2nd round picks...which is a steep one...but if marshall is great, then who cares about the picks

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

No, I actually live in Boston. I'm from New york though. I've been a dolphin fan since I was 5 years old. I didn't say I was counting out the Pats. All I'm saying is any one of those 3 teams can realistically win the division.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

No, I actually live in Boston. I'm from New york though. I've been a dolphin fan since I was 5 years old. I didn't say I was counting out the Pats. All I'm saying is any one of those 3 teams can realistically win the division.
    Posted by perfect72

A Miami fan who lives in Boston but is from NY...that's an interesting combo!

I was asking because we're going to the Pats game in Miami this year and I wanted some recommendations on hotel and where to get tickets etc...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Marshall...punk extrodinaire... : A Miami fan who lives in Boston but is from NY...that's an interesting combo! I was asking because we're going to the Pats game in Miami this year and I wanted some recommendations on hotel and where to get tickets etc...
    Posted by KellieMB

well as a die hard marlins fan, i can tell you that there isnt much around the stadium being thats its literally in the middle of nowhere

so i suggest either booking a hotel within the city limits of miami-dade or ft. lauderdale as they are about equally as far from the stadium if you are looking for stuff to do besides go to the game anyways

as for tickets...id either go to the phins website or through another ticket agency as the pats-phins games are usually sellouts and usually among the first game to sell out when announced on the schedule

oh...and im a phins fan by way of being born in miami and being moved around because im an air force brat and now im in central massachusetts

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

See this is why I dont hate the Phins as much as the Jets, here we have two Phins fans who are not being total jerks about their hopes for this year where as a Jets fan cant say 5 words with out being a total jerk about it. I would talk to more trolls if they were able to be real about it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

See this is why I dont hate the Phins as much as the Jets, here we have two Phins fans who are not being total jerks about their hopes for this year where as a Jets fan cant say 5 words with out being a total jerk about it. I would talk to more trolls if they were able to be real about it.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

agreed mvp, jets fans are intolerable and take pride in it...ugh...hearing someone is a jets fan is like hearing that they eat babies and kick puppies

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Marshall...punk extrodinaire... : well as a die hard marlins fan, i can tell you that there isnt much around the stadium being thats its literally in the middle of nowhere so i suggest either booking a hotel within the city limits of miami-dade or ft. lauderdale as they are about equally as far from the stadium if you are looking for stuff to do besides go to the game anyways as for tickets...id either go to the phins website or through another ticket agency as the pats-phins games are usually sellouts and usually among the first game to sell out when announced on the schedule oh...and im a phins fan by way of being born in miami and being moved around because im an air force brat and now im in central massachusetts
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Thanks for the info! We're renting a car so as long as we're semi-close to the stadium that's good enough. I'd rather be closer to beaches, clubs etc..
    As soon as the tickets become available I'm going to try and get them. I really want excellent seats (I don't want to go all the way to Miami to see them only to sit in the nose bleeds) so I'm prepared to pay.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Marshall...punk extrodinaire... : Thanks for the info! We're renting a car so as long as we're semi-close to the stadium that's good enough. I'd rather be closer to beaches, clubs etc.. As soon as the tickets become available I'm going to try and get them. I really want excellent seats (I don't want to go all the way to Miami to see them only to sit in the nose bleeds) so I'm prepared to pay.
    Posted by KellieMB

if thats the case...stay somewhere in the kendall area of miami...its like an hour to the stadium, safer neighborhoods and beautiful area, especially at night...plus you arent too far away from the beaches and all the good stuff

also...and im not sure they still sell them there...but i believe the name of the company is Arepa Queen and they sell this little cornbread and cheese mixture/sandwich/cake thing and OMG...sooooooooo gooooooood...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Marshall...punk extrodinaire... : if thats the case...stay somewhere in the kendall area of miami...its like an hour to the stadium, safer neighborhoods and beautiful area, especially at night...plus you arent too far away from the beaches and all the good stuff also...and im not sure they still sell them there...but i believe the name of the company is Arepa Queen and they sell this little cornbread and cheese mixture/sandwich/cake thing and OMG...sooooooooo gooooooood...
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Lol! Thanks will have to try them!

Sections
Shortcuts