Brandon McGowan - Can he help here?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peduncle72. Show Peduncle72's posts

Brandon McGowan - Can he help here?

Already familar with the system. I thought he looked good when healthy. We need some depth at safety. I think he is a free agent?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Re: Brandon McGowan - Can he help here?

He isn't good in zone coverage

I thought they should have re-signed Jarrad Page personally

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I don't think you give away Brandon Merriweather if you thing McGowan may be available.  If you are willing to go get him, you would just keep Merriweather instead.  So I'm guessing its someone else, or they are happy as they are.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

People, BB likes Barrett...A LOT! He thinks he can play in his system. Barrett is a physical specimen at S. Let's see how the Miami game goes before we start looking for replacements. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

That's the big question, who is the S that plays more of a FS role?  All the guys they have are SS types.  (I admit to not knowing much about Barrett, but he fits the SS mold.)  Chung is their best saftey, and if they have to rely on him to cover slot receivers then they're setting him up to fail.  They kept a lot of CBs, maybe a guy like Dowling will be versatile. 

Maybe that's why a guy like Sharper makes sense after week 1, if healthy.  I think they need someone, unless Barrett and Ihedigbo are better than I'm giving them credit for. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from McFEETers. Show McFEETers's posts

Barrett is mcgowan? einhorn is finkle!

In Response to Re: Brandon McGowan - Can he help here?:
    [QUOTE]Barrett is McGowan.   They chose Barrett probably because he's faster than McGowan. Also, they'd need more of a FS, in my opinion, not another SS.  I know BB likes to have some flexibility there, but I see them adding a Safety with range and experience, not sort of a one dimensional SS.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

We don't know enough yet about Barrett really. Based on size/athleticism, he has the size of a SS and the speed of a FS. His combine time was actually better than most WR's and CB's (4.35).

He has had this lingering shoulder issue since college, and that worries me a bit, given what we need out of a safety. I personally would like to see Barrett in coverage a bit more...I'm also curious if he could line up against bigger WR's on the outside. Don't know.

He has a ton of potential and athletically very good. He just needs more reps and to get comfortable with our system.

At this point, I like Barrett over McGowan given what we need at the safety position.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

Sharper eventually went back to the Saints right?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I kinda thinking BB might move a player ala Bruschi and start I-Dowling if things don't go well.

Sections
Shortcuts