Brandon McGowan Fan Club

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Brandon McGowan Fan Club

OK, sorry I know this is a bit over the top but I like the guy. First let me say in full disclosure he played for U.Maine where I too spent 4 great years.  I have been following his career just as I have Steven Cooper LB San Diego, and Lofi Tatupu LB Seattle. Now I don't know the other two at all never me them but I have met McGown, and he is a great football player who plays with a devil may care additude when it comes to his own health... which is good and bad (see his IR time!). If he can rein it in a little and stay healthy the Patriots have found themselves their replacement for Rodney. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Brandon McGowan Fan Club

Funny thing is, both our Safeties are named Brandon and have the same initials. B.M. 

I called them the Brand name safeties.
                           Brand(on)

I love them both. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from timithye. Show timithye's posts

Count me in, I like hearing his name on Sundays (in the good form making tackles, not the bad with penalties.)

I too am a UMaine grad, but was on the 7 yr program going to school part-time.  Good to see UM football players making it in the big's.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Mc Gown has played very well.  I lobbied for the Pats to draft Totapu back in 05 because of obvious Pats connections, but I think the Pats would have had to trade up (lose picks) or down (no Mankins) to get him and they had very good LB corp at the time. I, too, like to see a player from a small college succeed in the NFL. The hidden gems are always better stories than the big time player from big time program.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustaFan5. Show JustaFan5's posts

He is having a great season and has the potential to become a name in the League. He would already be a household name if it were not for his injuries. Boston loves our tough guys, and McGowan is the new Harrison.

The safety tandem should be called, "The Killer B's," "The Brandon's," or "B30's"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DYBLITZ. Show DYBLITZ's posts

I am all for the "Killer B's"   Good name for that tandem. Hope to see a lot more of McGowen too!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

no question, he looks like he is next in the progression of big time patriots safeties from milloy to rodney. he just seems to be around the ball on every play, including special teams. lets just hope he can stay healthy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Another diamond in the rough.

His injury history going back to high school, gives me pause, however.

I hope he can remain healthy!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I'm in!  McGowan has been awesome!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon McGowan Fan Club:
    [QUOTE]Funny thing is, both our Safeties are named Brandon and have the same initials. B.M.  I called them the Brand name safeties.                        Brand(on) I love them both. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

49Patriots and ALL:

~Definately in The Fan Club of both these guys (who both just hit a ton)-Merriweather, as I recall kept getting the "Hardest Hitter" Award during his time at Safety-U (Miami)... I remember seeing his first pre-season game, and Merriweather's very first series, on 2 subsequent plays, the QB threw the ball to Merriweather's guy, and the kid just outright leveled 'em, both players, both times...  On a similiar note: Geez, what a difference a couple of Young guys, Rookies and Free Agents can make in One's Secondary (I know Merri's not a rook)...

of note:  With the notion of their bone-jarring hits in mind, I'm gonna have to go All "Pulp Fiction" on Merriweather and McGowan both having the same initials, specifically the "Wallet Scene" and call them the Two "Bad Mthr-f'r" Safety Duo (this way we can use all the euphemisms involved with jacking people/stealing their lunch-money/rattling the 'change' in their heads-EVERY time one of these guys knocks an opponent's head off.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ritchie-az. Show Ritchie-az's posts

I'd add to this that Sanders is not playing bad, either. I don't think his lack of "starts" is due to poor performance. Rather, I beleive Meriweather and McGowan are just playing so well that they demand the playing time. And poor Chung is burried deep on the depth chart, but I'm sure he's progressing just fine.

Sections
Shortcuts