Brandon Meri might be gone after this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

Brandon Meri might be gone after this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brandon allegedly shot 2 people. This is one of the links:

http://deadspin.com/#!5780444/patriots-safety-brandon-meriweather-allegedly-guns-down-two-men-during-brawl

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

Re: He just might be Brandon Meri might be gone after this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guns down? no deaths ? weird

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

Re: He just might be Brandon Meri might be gone after this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In Response to Re: He just might be Brandon Meri might be gone after this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Guns down? no deaths ? weird
    Posted by tenacioust[/QUOTE]

glad people lived.
    thought he made bad decisions on the field?
    gives another level to bad decisions if the story sticks (is confirmed)
    and shoots to bleep my plan to use him as trade bait for higher draft pick this year.
    damn.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

In Response to Re: He just might be Brandon Meri might be gone after this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: He just might be Brandon Meri might be gone after this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : glad people lived. thought he made bad decisions on the field? gives another level to bad decisions if the story sticks (is confirmed) and shoots to bleep my plan to use him as trade bait for higher draft pick this year. damn.
    Posted by brdbreu[/QUOTE]

Yelp, another high pick would have been nice.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

Re: Brandon Meri might be gone after this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny it took nearly 2 weeks to make any news.... not sure how invovled he may have been. until this point it is purely speculation - witnesses but no arrest? Not even taken into custoday?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

No news about this at all, not even at Boston.com? 

Say what you want about Meriweather, but he's no thug. And the police have yet to make an arrest, the people gunned down have yet to file charges AND Goodell has yet to call Meriweather in for questioning? This is bull$h*t to the fullest. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Just saw a segment on the local news where they said the local police are currently investigating the allegations.

Big Bang Gun

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

If true...anyone would be surprised that the local cops are slow to arrest the local sports star? Yeah, that'd be a first.

And Meriweather's friends like to beat women. Solid guy.

He s*cks on the field, and is an idiot off the field. Has no accountability, and has admitted how uncoachable he can be. He happily celebrates a big hit after a 15 yard gain and often takes horrible angles. But MAN! What physical talent he has! This punk needs to go, I can't stand him, he's a disgrace to the uniform.

Chung/Sanders/McGowan are just fine. Big Bang dumb*ss, what a waste of oxygen.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

hey thats how they did it in south beach yo! merriweather appears to shoot like he hits... RECKLESSLY! but let's see how it comes out. i am sure belichick will not be doing anything til all the facts are in. if in fact it is what it appears to be and brendon will be distracted with more legal issues, he has to go! brady is bringing enough of an off-field sideshow, we dont need another freak at this time.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Doesn't look good, but it's also weird that he hasn't been arrested or charged after so much time.  I think we have to wait and see on this. 

Doesn't do much to help his trade value in the short term, though (for those who wanted to see him traded).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Meri might be gone after this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Doesn't look good, but it's also weird that he hasn't been arrested or charged after so much time.  I think we have to wait and see on this.  Doesn't do much to help his trade value in the short term, though (for those who wanted to see him traded).
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]when a brotha gets a break from PUH-LICE or espn is ignoring it and you do not work there, its likely this is being overblown!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I thought he would be traded but who's being released from the State penitentiary that played football? Technique wise he stinks and Safety is one of the stronger positions on this team. Barrett,McGowan or Sanders can easily handle his workload.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Brandon Meri might be gone after this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Brandon allegedly shot 2 people. This is one of the links: http://deadspin.com/#!5780444/patriots-safety-brandon-meriweather-allegedly-guns-down-two-men-during-brawl
    Posted by FLY2K[/QUOTE]

If it's found out that he even pulled a gun, never mind fired it, he should be gone.

I don't want low-lifes like that in the Patriots.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Meri might be gone after this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE] Do you seriously think two people got shot in the face and there's still no investigation into it. The local police department made the statement that there was no ongoing investigation. 
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Exactly. There's something fishy about this. I don't know what happened, but this story is weird to me. It seems like Merriweather would have been taken into custody by now if there was any strong suspicion that he shot someone.  I don't know, of course, but there's always the possibility that the plaintiff and attorney are looking for someone with deep pockets to sue in a civil suit. If Merriweather was involved even peripherally in some kind of incident, he'd be the guy to go after because you know he has money. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

McGowan is not currently under contract. Not sure if the week "extension" in the CBA negotiations extended the free agent signing period? If it did, wonder if the Pats are talking to McGown today to maybe get him into camp if and when football resumes

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Apopka, Florida is not South Beach. It is a ghetto in Central Florida, about 30 minutes from Orlando. A big part of it is like Roxbury.  Why would Meriweather be hanging there? I guess you can take the kid out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the kid.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

The attorney of the victims, John Morgan, is the biggest most sophisticated ambulance chaser in Florida. His ads are everywhere, on billboards, tv and radio, and he is filthy rich. His slogan is Morgan and Morgan, For The People. He and his wife are the 2 Morgans. She is a big player in the republican party, and he with the democrats. A big fund raiser for them. Rumor has it he also lost his license to practice law because of multiple DUI's. So he is the advertising spokesman only. Short fat guy with the worst southern accent I've ever heard.  Meriweather will have his hands full.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

The Jets would give us a 1st and a 4th for Brandon if this story where true. It could be a setup by BB.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm no Meriweather fan but Sam is right.

The guy who broke the story originally said that the information he gathered (from the lawyer) said 1 man had been shot twice. Now according to the lawyer it was 2 men one shot in the face. Yet, there is no police record of the incident and no one can figure out which hospital they went to? Also if the person was shot in the face don't you think the lawyer (who has a tv show which is being taped right now) would have released pics of the guys face with the holes?

All this on a day Meriweather got a 1mil bonus, something smells fishy. I'll hold off judgement until there is 1 shred of evidence other then what the lawyer says to prove that A) these guys were shot B) they did go to a hospital and filled a police report C)  to hear that it was Meriweather from someone other then these 2 guys and the lawyer. I mean there has to be one other person out there who saw what happened. You'd think you'd at least hear from one person at the bar saying that they saw a guy beat up a women then two men come asking about it and looking for the guy.

Unlike the M Harrison event there is zero hospital records, zero police records, and zero witnesses coming forward for 2 weeks?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

I don't particularly care one way or the other about Merriweather but I do understand why people are quick judge. He does carry a gun and did shoot at people(Legally) when he was in college. It's not a big stretch to imagine him doing this.
    The guy is a meat head.
     If he didn't do anything wrong he'll be back playing, Status Quo. If he did do something wrong the Pats will probably unload him and life will go on.
    Maybe Merriweather can find some better places to hang out after this.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from j24m1. Show j24m1's posts

Defensively the Patriots biggest weakness outside that pass rush is consistency. BM is a model of inconsistency. He obviously can't stay away from trouble even if he was not the shooter. 

Cut the guy and move on. You get sick of the big hit celebrations after awhile, especially when the hit is on our own player or it was on a guy who just caught a 15 yard first down pass.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]I'm no Meriweather fan but Sam is right. The guy who broke the story originally said that the information he gathered (from the lawyer) said 1 man had been shot twice. Now according to the lawyer it was 2 men one shot in the face. Yet, there is no police record of the incident and no one can figure out which hospital they went to? Also if the person was shot in the face don't you think the lawyer (who has a tv show which is being taped right now) would have released pics of the guys face with the holes? All this on a day Meriweather got a 1mil bonus, something smells fishy. I'll hold off judgement until there is 1 shred of evidence other then what the lawyer says to prove that A) these guys were shot B) they did go to a hospital and filled a police report C)  to hear that it was Meriweather from someone other then these 2 guys and the lawyer. I mean there has to be one other person out there who saw what happened. You'd think you'd at least hear from one person at the bar saying that they saw a guy beat up a women then two men come asking about it and looking for the guy. Unlike the M Harrison event there is zero hospital records, zero police records, and zero witnesses coming forward for 2 weeks?
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

I am sure if they Patriots really wanted to if after comes out and Meriweather is found to be guilty, they could fight they could fight the 1 million bonus

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brandon Meri might be gone after this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : I am sure if they Patriots really wanted to if after comes out and Meriweather is found to be guilty, they could fight they could fight the 1 million bonus
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

What I meant was that on news that Meriweather got a 1mil bonus that suddenly these guys come forward?

98.5 just had the lawyer on and now this guy is back tracking saying that he doubts Meriweather was ever involved and he's going to do his own investigation.

Then the orange country police department said that Meriweather isn't a suspect, witness, or even involved in their knowledge.

It sounds like complete bs right now that everyone is trying their hardest to get away from because it's a completely untrue money hunt. Heck even deadspin has changed the title of the story 3 times now and is trying to break away from it. You'd think if they really believed in the story and it's 1 source (the lawyer) that they wouldn't have greatest sports train wrecks as it's front page.

Saying that though I like Meriweather to be traded because I really don't like his game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Here's an interview with the lawyer who says he has doubts from WEEI.com.If you want to listen to the whole interview,I've provided a link:

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/2185686/attorney-meriweather-case-has-doubts

Appearing on the Dennis & Callahan Show with Dale Arnold and Gerry Callahan, attorney John Morgan of the law firm Morgan & Morgan spoke about the case involving his two clients, who are claiming they were shot by Patriots' safety Brandon Meriweather at a Feb. 27 party in Apopka, Fla.

Morgan explained that his two clients, who claim to know Meriweather from high school, were shot outside a house party, with one of the men just recently having been released from the hospital after the bullet passed through his cheek and head, while inflicting damage to his left eye. The attorney, however, did say both the investigations by the Orange County Sheriff Department and Morgan's own staff were ongoing.

"We know an investigation is going on," Morgan said. "We know a fella has a bullet hole through his cheek and head, you can look at that and see it, and that's what we know. And we know our clients say that Brandon Meriweather was the shooter... I'm not in the business of coming out here and saying this is absolutely what happened.

"This is a 'he said, she said.' I'll be interested to see what Brandon Meriweather says. He may well say, 'Listen, here's a picture of me in Los Angeles, California. What are you talking about?'"

When asked if he had any doubts about Meriweather being the shooter, Morgan responded, "I have a lot of doubt about that. That's what these fellas told me. But I don't assume that to be true at all. I assume nothing to be true until we get an investigation completed.

"Their allegation to me is that one of the fellas was in fight with someone else out there and their allegation is Meriweather shot him, that bullet grazed that fella's head and hit the second client through the cheek and head."

Morgan, who stated he didn't want to be that guy "to rush to judgement," said that while he didn't know for a fact that the NFL was looking into the allegations he assumed it would. 

The incident in question was first reported by Tampa-based radio personality Dan Sileo and then advanced by Deadspin. The Deadspin story stated that a friend of Meriweather allegedly beat up a woman outside the Blue Jeans Lounge, leading to the woman's brother to arrive with his own acquaintance. The story states with the brother proceeded to beat up the New England player's friend in a fight, leading Meriweather to fire a gun at the brother of the woman. The bullet, according to Morgan, grazed the woman's brother in the face, while hitting the other victim in the head.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]If true...anyone would be surprised that the local cops are slow to arrest the local sports star? Yeah, that'd be a first. And Meriweather's friends like to beat women. Solid guy. He s*cks on the field, and is an idiot off the field. Has no accountability, and has admitted how uncoachable he can be. He happily celebrates a big hit after a 15 yard gain and often takes horrible angles. But MAN! What physical talent he has! This punk needs to go, I can't stand him, he's a disgrace to the uniform. Chung/Sanders/McGowan are just fine. Big Bang dumb*ss, what a waste of oxygen.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

Are you saying he should be punished in some way for the actions of his friends? Stalin is dead you know.