Brandon Meriweather

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfantilltheend. Show Patsfantilltheend's posts

Brandon Meriweather

I dont know about u guys, but it seems like Brandon Meriweather has looked like one of the top safties in the league this year. He seems to be everywhere at once. He has great closing speed as well. Your thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Brandon Meriweather

He is what we think he is. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sebasatwork. Show sebasatwork's posts

Closing speed maybe, but he looked like a slow minded person with that taunting penalty…and saying that this is his style and he will continue doing what he feels like…just like that Leodis McKelvin “I would fumble again” moron.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

Played a good game vs Baltimore, not so much vs. Denver.  Like to see more consistent play from game to game, but he has improved from last season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ram1571. Show ram1571's posts

If you put the hitting power of Brandon McGowan with Meriweathers speed then you would have one awesome safety. Hopefully Patrick Chung can be that one day? Hopefully sooner then later...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Meriweather:
    Closing speed maybe, but he looked like a slow minded person with that taunting penalty…and saying that this is his style and he will continue doing what he feels like…just like that Leodis McKelvin “I would fumble again” moron.
    Posted by sebasatwork

That penalty was a joke. Ref threw the flag for interference not taunting. Flag was out before BM even turned around. Non of his actions say that he is like Leodis.

BTW. if the ref call interference it would have been a bogus call because the ball was tipped. it was anyones ball to get.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kanuho19. Show kanuho19's posts

yup this guys turning into a top SS!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Posted by sebasatwork

That was a BS call. He pumped his fist and the ref threw the flag before he even did that@

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefedsox. Show thefedsox's posts

They did a segment on NFL network called "official review" with the VP of referrees. He noted the original call was for a helmet-to-helmet hit , which appeared to be the case. The ref's though picked up that flag but still called Taunting from the field judge, which it was arguably so.

It would have been worse had he picked up both personal's on that play.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

he has improved greatly, and i'm glad he's on the team.

he has a lot of improvement to go before he's in the company of Ed Reed or Troy Polamalu. Then again, most people in the league do.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtfmaroney. Show wtfmaroney's posts

all he needs to work on is his awerness give him till next year and watch every ball going his way is either a pick or pick6

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

The reason he looks better this year is he's not playing in the box. McGowan has played the up role. If Meriweather where he'd still be getting dragged for extra yards. Pee's is a tool! bend but don't break my A. How can he not have seen this before now. The question I wonder about is. Has anyone missed James Sanders?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Seems like he get a little better every year.  He's made some key deflections this season. 

What I would like and what the Pats need is for him to be there a half-step sooner and make picks.  The game plan has been to play off the receivers a lot, which is not BM's fault.  Considering, he is doing a fine job.  He is hitting well, too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

He is good and will be great someday. The game against Denver was not so great but he will have a few of those during his profeesional career. The NFL network had a good explanation of why it looked like he was getting the flag for taunting before he did it. The Ref you see was flagging him for helemet to helmet and another one we could not see threw the taunting flag. after talking it out another Ref said it was not helmet to helmet and the Head Ref did a poor job of explaining it.

Go Pats!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

He doesn't seem like the most reliable tackler to me.  Saw a pretty embarassing stiff-arm put him on his bu+t in the last game I watched.  But then, I'm a Colt fan and I only see the occasional Pat game...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

Wow, Jules Winfield, that's a lot of posts on a Patriots forum for a Colts fan!

Meriweather has always had good coverage instincts, and he's becoming a solid tackler, too. People who think he gets dragged around a lot by ball carriers should look at his first TWO seasons! He couldn't bring ANYONE down then. Continue to improve, Brandon!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Merriweather missed some big tackles in the Denver game.  First play of the game, runs into the RB at the line of scrimmage, bounces off of him, and the RB gains 10+ yards.  In OT, Broncos at our 38, Merriweather hits the RB at the line of scrimmage, bounces off him, Broncos get inside our 30, setting up a manageable field goal.  Yes, please work on your tackling Brandon.  And instead of just diving in the area of a tipped pass, come up with one.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Merriweather missed some big tackles in the Denver game.  First play of the game, runs into the RB at the line of scrimmage, bounces off of him, and the RB gains 10+ yards.  In OT, Broncos at our 38, Merriweather hits the RB at the line of scrimmage, bounces off him, Broncos get inside our 30, setting up a manageable field goal.  Yes, please work on your tackling Brandon.  And instead of just diving in the area of a tipped pass, come up with one.
    Posted by themightypatriotz

Good assessment and observations.

I like that he always seems to be around the ball.  Looks lke he is gradually getting better and hopefully he improves in these areas.  If he does, he should be the playmaker everybdoy is squawking about.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from slapointe1232. Show slapointe1232's posts

He's a safety. He really shouldn't have to deal with RBs. That's more the job of linebackers and defensive linemen.  Safeties aren't supposed to bring down running backs unless they get into the secondary.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

I am one of the few on this board who is not a big fan of Meriweather.  The guy was a first round pick and should be a star by now.

He Whiffs on way to many tackles ( I saw 2 big whiffs last week).

He never makes a big play and by no means is close to being a game changer (Polamalu)

The only people who rave about him are Patriot Fans.  Sorry to say but it's a Homer thing with him.  He's about average.

Sections
Shortcuts