Brandon Spikes "4 years a slave" in NE....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: Brandon Spikes

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What a classless jackhole. All this does is prove BB right in dumping him. Wonder if he realizes that? Meanwhile, I'm more than sure he and his Bills will be able to hang "2 L's" on the Patriots next year......hahaha 

http://nesn.com/2014/04/brandon-spikes-on-time-with-new-england-patriots-four-years-a-slave/

[/QUOTE]

Here's an article on the "4 years a slave", Spikes BS: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/09/brandon-spikes-predicts-two-wins-over-patriots-in-2014/ 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Geezzz....he made more in 4 years than I'll earn in my lifetime...I wish my employer would mistreat me so badly...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsGenius1. Show SportsGenius1's posts

Sorry BB didn't cut him when he didn't show up for practice on time!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Hey isn't this the same guy rusty started a thread about praising his toughness...calling him a hero...and then slammed Mankins is the next sentence? And this was a week before Belichick cut the cord on Spikes and sent him to the ir. The warnings were out people! Rusty exposed again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If I'm one of his new teammates, I'm pretty unhappy.  As if the Pats need a reason to pound them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Those of us unencumbered by homerism knew this chump was a poor draft pick after one year.

He found somebody else dumb enough to give him a paycheck in the Bills. The dumb unite with the dumber.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from colombiano. Show colombiano's posts

Spikes is the type of crap that if he doesn't $#it on himself at the entrance, he will do it at the exit...

Translation in Spanish.... "Si no la caga a la entrada, la caga a la salida"..

Long Live BB

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Back in the day, July 27, 2010, from espn.com,

"Spikes' agent, Terry Watson, said Monday night it was a four-year, $3.21 million deal.

"Spikes was en route to Gillette Stadium to sign the deal, which includes a $960,000 signing bonus and a one-time incentive of $450,000, according to Watson."

Slave for 4 years.  Terrible night life on those plantations.

I'm glad to say that my boss just called me in and gave me a $3.21 million dollar contract.  Is it true?  Well, no, I just made that up. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well...he should know better than anyone what NOT so say to the Pats going into a game...LMFAO...this will be sweet when they isolate Vereen on him for some long gain passes....

Let him keep running his mouth...maybe he'll leave some "Fat Rails" of "snow" for Santa again...

[/QUOTE]

This is my feeling exactly. vereen will make him look silly. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

what Spikes should actually be saying is "thanks bb and patriots from keeping me from speaking out like the ignorant fool I am during my four yesrs in NE". Now that I am with a loosing team and there is no sense if control or order and can act like a jerk off!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

wow all of us who agree to disagree, agree to agree!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to carawaydj's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to agill1970's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Few things ruffle my feathers more than people comparing their lives to that of a slave.  Especially those that live lives and find themselves financially enabled in ways that most of us could only dream of. 

[/QUOTE]

Comparisons to slavery and Nazis are becoming near daily occurrences nowadays.  It's gotten ridiculous.  To hear an NFL player say that is just mind boggling.  Over-the-top rhetoric seems to be the norm now.

[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing as I was working today. Slaving away at that concentration camp they call an office.

I missed lunch today, by the way. I was so famished by the time I got home. Now I know how those people at Auschwitz must have felt.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from umichfan. Show umichfan's posts

sounds like someone has sour grapes!!  What an idiot!!  He must be really dreaming if he thinks the Bills are going to beat the Patriots twice this year, let alone one time!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Egggh...  He pretty much was.  Everyone raves on Mayo, but look at Spikes PDs and INTs and compare them with Mayo's 1st 3 years- Same.  Compare comparable time missed in career vs. Mayo's in parrallel- same.  And Spikes play was THE 1st hitting line of defense, top-most intimidating, play-direction altering, MLB backfield/past the LOS penetrating, that Mayo never was or seemingly will be.  Everyone was hating on Mayo's "sophmore slump" and overexagerated ROTY nom, until Spikes came in 2010-11, and with Spikes playing that "take out Mr. FB + 1 OL/2 OL" Strongside ILB with NE still playing the 3-4 that year, Mayo at WILB had his very best career year...

Go look at Spikes' NE highlights on youtube....just choose 1, any one- And tell me Spikes couldn't read the pass with excellence as other comparable MLBs...especially ones that could deal out the damage he could and did and alter play direction and change momentum, and make the huge play at the most critical time, and selflessly be the 1 that WILLINGLY would be the "contacter" of any 2 Offensive guys In Front of the ball-carrier...so someone else could get a clean look on the tackle...and the "tackle stat".

Shoot...For a 1 yr 3.5 or just under deal, NE could've had Spikes for a stvp#dly cheap 3 year deal in total- we're talkin' a backloaded 8-maybe 9 million dollar deal-  And for what he brought to what NE's D?!?!!  Spikes brought the play and tough middle and intimidation that NE didn't have since 2000-2004.  BB finally found THAT disrupting helmet-helmet, lay your whole body-bone-thumping penetrator...and let it go for zippo.  NE was soft on D from 2005/6-2010...soft, soft, soft.  I don't want my D to have a baby girl pudgy middle anymore...'least in my lifetime.

Guy should be p#ss#d...He was a firecracker. 

You'll see it this year...mark this down (and bring it right back to me).  And minus freak circumstance, you'll see Buffalo's D ^ in respect and capability (and bring this right back to me as well).  I hope I'm wrong and NE's D doesn't soften up...but I just don't see how not.  You whiners are gonna have your field day with O vs D discusssions w/ NE's D not making the big 3rd down stops (a-gain '05/'06-'10) and worse TOP yields with longer drives by the opposing O's (a-gain '05/'06-'10).  Less critical stops, less stops on 3rd and shorts, less momentum shifting hits/plays in the middle, less wear and tear and intimidation against the opposing O's...hoooope I'm wrong.  And likewise, I just wish I could see how I could be wrong on that...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In response to carawaydj's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to agill1970's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Few things ruffle my feathers more than people comparing their lives to that of a slave.  Especially those that live lives and find themselves financially enabled in ways that most of us could only dream of. 

[/QUOTE]

Comparisons to slavery and Nazis are becoming near daily occurrences nowadays.  It's gotten ridiculous.  To hear an NFL player say that is just mind boggling.  Over-the-top rhetoric seems to be the norm now.

[/QUOTE]

Seriously...  I mean, c'mon.  The only comparison I personally accept towards the "Nazi's"  and "Slavery" is "21st century American Capitalism" and "Wage Slavery vs. under-the-foot 'Social Securitism' Nation".

Let's ALL be fair here.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

Amazing a person can go to college (wonder if he attended any classes) and apparently have no idea what slavery was / is.

I liked him as a player for the Pats and he showed good instincts on the field but wasn't fast enough to use those while dropping back in coverage. No big regrets about losing a two down linebacker.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImagydSportsBos. Show ImagydSportsBos's posts

found BB's response from a very close SOURCE:

lolpats:

Bill Belichick reacts to former #Patriots linebacker Brandon Spikes prediction

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Just a figure of speech.  Weird how white people get all worked up about it.  Why so sensitive?

Anyway, not everyone is going to fit in with Belichick's style or the culture he promotes.  Nothing wrong with that.  Spikes , as someone said above, was always a bit of a nonconformist.  Welker felt his personality was unnecessarily constrained too by Belichick's approach.  Different strokes for different folks.  There are other places for Spikes to work, and other players for the Pats to hire.  No harm, no foul.

As far as Spikes skills, good run stopper but not much else. His lack of versatility made him a poor fit for this team.  In the end, he and Cunningham weren't great picks (though at least Spikes contributed). Lots of better front seven players picked after them. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Wonder IF there was a ever a biography on Spikes when he's 70 years old, the biographer saying to Spikes, "What do you say to your detractors whom say you were only a '2 down' linebacker...?"

I think Spikes would say, "I was a helmet smacking, momentum LOS disrupting 2 down middle linebacker, unless it was 3rd and 6+...but IF it was other than 3rd and 6+, I dropped back and played pretty well...well, unless it was in the red-zone...then I'd stay on, period. And IF you need comparisons...look at other helmet-smacking MLBs in pass-coverage stats & other stat categories, PDs and INTs- Forced Fumbles and TFLs...And IF you need still other proof...Look at my film and How I stayed IN @ UFla on 3rd downs period, and how @ NE I stayed ON...unless it was 3rd and 6+, other than the red-zone...where I simply stayed on, period, and I produced at a WELL above-average rate at my position and for someone whom does what I do."

Biographer:  "Ya...but your Collegiate Combine 40 time says otherwise...."  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I was and still am a fan of his play and fiery on the field intensity.  I've enjoyed watching many a fool and jerk play sports before. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to stan17's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He is a complete buffoon.  

[/QUOTE]

Not often you get to use that word and have it be a perfect description

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I think it's bAfoon isn't it? It's a lot funnier with the "a". LOL

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Prediction: Spikes is out of the league in a couple of years, and a few years after that we read about him either being flat broke, or serving a long jail term.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

TFB12, man, that is one toxic image <shudder>. 

Spikes is gonna say what Spikes is gonna say.  It's just noise.  We'll see what happens on the field.  He had his moments while in a Pats uniform but all in all it was time for him to move on.

Sections
Shortcuts