Brandon Spikes Having Surgery

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Brandon Spikes Having Surgery

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2012/02/21/patriots-lb-brandon-spikes-undergoes-surgery-this-morning/

I thought the guy really came on at the end of the year and if he was still limited by the knee a full offseason and getting the knee cleaned up makes me pretty excited about what he can bring to the D next year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Brandon Spikes Having Surgery

Yeah he looked like an emotional leader out there. I hope he can make a big jump and stay healthy next season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Yup, another great draft pick by BB. 2010 has to go down as one of the best drafts ever by any team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

sporter.  want to talk about the other drafts than 2010.  It's bb's only good draft which was fixed by his having certain coaches in certain places in college.

Talk about 2011 draft.  one player was used. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Spikes Having Surgery:
    [QUOTE]Yup, another great draft pick by BB. 2010 has to go down as one of the best drafts ever by any team.
    Posted by sporter81[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I started a thread on the same topic after pcmIV....One of my annoyances of this board....my apology!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

You must be kidding! A few good picks in '10 w Gronk, Hernandez and this guy is ok. What about Butler, Merriweather, Brace, Price, Tate, and all the other discards? BB can sure coach but he is awful come draft time, He should give drafting to the other people like Caserio

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]sporter.  want to talk about the other drafts than 2010.  It's bb's only good draft which was fixed by his having certain coaches in certain places in college. Talk about 2011 draft.  one player was used. 
    Posted by getdrunkstupit[/QUOTE]

Talk about 2011 draft. one player was used
    Huh?  only 1 player was NOT used, Lee Smith and they didn't want to lose him
    1st Round – Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
    2nd Round – Ras-I Dowling, DB, Virginia
    2nd Round – Shane Vereen, RB, Cal
    3rd Round – Stevan Ridley, RB, LSU
    3rd Round – Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas
    5th Round – Marcus Cannon, OL, TCU
    5th Round – Lee Smith, TE, Marshall
    6th Round – Markell Carter, OLB, Central Arkansas
    7th Round – Malcolm Williams, CB, Marshall

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

He missed on those guys but 2010 was a great draft. He's had to have been doing an outstanding job, they have not had a losing season since 2000 and have been to 5 super bowls in the past 10 years. Nobody is even close to that, its unheard of.  IMO it takes an outstanding GM and coach to do that. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]You must be kidding! A few good picks in '10 w Gronk, Hernandez and this guy is ok. What about Butler, Merriweather, Brace, Price, Tate, and all the other discards? BB can sure coach but he is awful come draft time, He should give drafting to the other people like Caserio
    Posted by jader[/QUOTE]

????????
    1st Round (27th Overall) – Devin McCourty, CB, Rutgers
    2nd Round (42nd Overall) – Rob Gronkowski, TE, Arizona
    2nd Round (53rd Overall) – Jermaine Cunningham, OLB, Florida   (injured)
    2nd Round (62nd Overall) – Brandon Spikes, LB, Florida
    3rd Round (90th Overall) – Taylor Price, WR, Ohio     (cut)
    4th Round (113th Overall) – Aaron Hernandez, TE, Florida
    5th Round (150th Overall) – Zoltan Mesko, P, Michigan
    6th Round (205th Overall) – Ted Larsen, C, NC State
    7th Round (208th Overall) – Thomas Welch, OT, Vanderbilt
    7th Round (247th Overall) – Brandon Deaderick, DL, Alabama
    7th Round (248th Overall) – Kade Weston, DL, Georgia
    7th Round (250th OVerall) – Zac Robinson, QB, Oklahoma State  (cut)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

Draft 2010  6 out of 12 either started or contributers.  1 on IR that played almost 80% of the snaps on DL last year (Cunningham)   2011.  Soldier - starter most of the year.  Ridley - flashes of a future.  Vereen - Redshirt year Ras-i looked good until being placed on IR  Mallet  - redshirt year  Cannon - started
    Another good draft.  Not including free agent pickups - Anderson, Carter, Moore. 
    Why are people so critical of a GM that makes the Superbowl in 50% of the last 10 years?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

Lets all hope for a losing year so BB can show you that picking in top 10 is a little easier than always picking in the last few spots....Lets go over each teams drafts for the last 5 years and see which have done well and some that need improvement.... Damn....hindsite is always 100%...maybe the draft is easy and all picks should be playing...RIGHT???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Here we go again with the 'BB sux in his drafting.'  It's been demonstrated, and amply, and discussed in several other threads as well, that the Pats, under BB, are one of the best drafting teams in the league.  This thread may be helpful:

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_3749_Decade_in_the_making%3A_the_ultimate_NFL_draft_grades.html

Feel free to believe as you wish; the facts are what they are.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Lets all hope for a losing year so BB can show you that picking in top 10 is a little easier than always picking in the last few spots

Hope for a losing year? I think not. Maybe hope we trade a pick and the team tanks like SF and the Raiders did for us.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

Last time i checked we made the superbowl and are under the cap with 2 first round picks coming up.

Can anyone name a team in the same position?

Giants = Over the cap
    GB = over the cap
    Steelers = Over the cap
    Jets = Over the cap