Brandon Spikes - Typical Draft Pick

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Brandon Spikes - Typical Draft Pick

anyone who says Spikes was a bust or just barely average is wrong imo.

when healthy he played at  high level on 1st and 2nd down but as everyone knew he couldn't cover. and he wasnt a leader and seemed immature.

but all in all he did A TON for us in his 4 years and was a good second round pick. he will still be a good player on another team, just over paid probably

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

anyone who says Spikes was a bust or just barely average is wrong imo.

when healthy he played at  high level on 1st and 2nd down but as everyone knew he couldn't cover. and he wasnt a leader and seemed immature.

but all in all he did A TON for us in his 4 years and was a good second round pick. he will still be a good player on another team, just over paid probably

[/QUOTE]

Anything by the Brady fan boys to make sure when the team loses nobody even thinks to give him a share of the blame. None of these whining attacks have anything to do with the player. They are all merely deflections.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANumber1Roy. Show ANumber1Roy's posts

Hightower on the other hand is a bad draft pick in my eyes for what they are asking him to do. He's absolutely terrible in coverage and somehow never learned to look back when a ball is in the air to make a play on it. They need to either just have him rush the passer and see if he can do that or just accept that he's a bust and bring in someone that actually knows how to play the position.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to ANumber1Roy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hightower on the other hand is a bad draft pick in my eyes for what they are asking him to do. He's absolutely terrible in coverage and somehow never learned to look back when a ball is in the air to make a play on it. They need to either just have him rush the passer and see if he can do that or just accept that he's a bust and bring in someone that actually knows how to play the position.

[/QUOTE]

you say Hightower is terrible in coverage, but he is Deion Sanders compared to Spikes. Hightower can stay on the field every down, and can be a defensive captain if called upon. Positive in the locker room.

I am not saying Spikes was a bad player. I am saying he was a bad draft choice for this team. He was chosen in the 2nd round, by a team that plays sub defense 55% of the time, taking him off the field. A team needs more from a 2nd round choice than a part time player.

1st round=star player

2nd round=every down player

3rd round=contributor

4th round and beyond=anything is a positive

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

Spikes was a good draft pick for his role as a run stopping two down LB. He's actually one of the few good high draft picks Belicheck has made recently the past 5 years.

[/QUOTE]

I'll change my tune and take it all back if he is re-signed.

If not...bad pick.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Spikes was a good draft pick for his role as a run stopping two down LB. He's actually one of the few good high draft picks Belicheck has made recently the past 5 years.

[/QUOTE]

I'll change my tune and take it all back if he is re-signed.

If not...bad pick.

[/QUOTE]

bad pick for this team, not a bad player.

Sections
Shortcuts