Brandon Spikes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

Brandon Spikes

I really believe this guy is the real deal.So glad he ran a slow 40 time. I think by next year he is going to be the leader of the defense. Reading the experts they all seem to agree that he is 1 step ahead of everyone else on the field. Love the Wilfork/Mayo/Spikes middle of the defense combination stopping the run. In Bill We Trust!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Brandon Spikes

As long as the OLB's are capable of setting the edge and forcing the run to the inside Spikes and Mayo are probably going to be beasts in the middle. Does anyone besides me actually think that Spikes may have spiked his 40 time on purpose? That would be one way to turn off the other GM's. Makes me wonder....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Brandon Spikes:
    I really believe this guy is the real deal.So glad he ran a slow 40 time. I think by next year he is going to be the leader of the defense. Reading the experts they all seem to agree that he is 1 step ahead of everyone else on the field. Love the Wilfork/Mayo/Spikes middle of the defense combination stopping the run. In Bill We Trust!
    Posted by rickrand3

I agree. Bill said something interesting in one his recent press conferences. He something along the lines of, "Yes, well obviously he wasn't the fastest guy available at the position but when the game is on the line or we need to stop the other team's momentum, trust me, how fast you can run in a straight line or how high you can jump doesn't translate to results on the field."

I think that summed it up perfectly. I look forward to seeing this guy play for years to come!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Spikes:
    As long as the OLB's are capable of setting the edge and forcing the run to the inside Spikes and Mayo are probably going to be beasts in the middle. Does anyone besides me actually think that Spikes may have spiked his 40 time on purpose? That would be one way to turn off the other GM's. Makes me wonder....
    Posted by sportsbozo1

Doubt if that happened. Like the Taylor Mays case suggests, there's a lot of noise before and around the time of the draft. It's nothing but lies, inuendos and smokescreens everywhere. A coach can tell you before the draft that they're seriously considering you or that they think you'd fit into their system but it means absolutely nothing unless your name is called. If he did tank the 40, it'd be extremely foolish.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I'm also very excited after hearing reports of him being one step ahead. Even Breer said he didn't look slow on the field. Maybe he's not a workout guy? You know he must be promising if Breer made a positive comment about Spikes. 

Whatever the case the other ILB position is primed for him to take it. I'm already thinking of him laying out Green and Tomlinson in week 2. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Agree that there's no way he tanked the 40. Only an idiot would throw away millions of dollars like that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

Ive been screaming about Spikes for the past year now and have been glowing like my gf after a good pounding. Seriously though , believe it or not Ive been all over this kid and was hoping like hell we would pick him up. I thought he might sneak in the first , maybe late first because hes such a gamer and I really believe hes as good and will be better than McClain. I love his size and love bigger I/MLB's . At 6-3/255 hes and absolute beast and uses all of his size to his advantage. I dont care about his slow 40 , Spikes is very fast getting to the ball carrier and stopping the run is right up his ally. You might not think so , but Spikes is very good playing in space against the pass. This kid is the real deal and I love the fact that in two years we'll have the best inside backer tandem in the NFL. In addition to racking up tackles , Spikes can also rush the QB and will intercept the ball if given the chance. He actually reminds me a lot of Mayo in those ways. Wow Im so excited about having these two guys! All off season all everyone would talk about was the pass rush , I swear 99% of the people on here dont have a clue and just repeat what they hear on TV/radio. The ILB position was one that could have used a real upgrade and I couldnt be happier we did so! We all know BB loves to grab players that have value , think about this for a second. IMHO Spikes has everything you would want in a monster ILB and has all the potential in the world to become a top ten ILB and we grabbed him in the second round at 62 , thats value!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

And your a moron if you think he tanked his 40 time...LOL seriously w t f is wrong w/ some of you?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

And your a moron if you think he tanked his 40 time...LOL seriously w t f is wrong w/ some of you?
    Posted by ONE-TIME
    What's your point in not believing he could tank a 40 to get to the team where the coach wanted him all along? You don't need to get abusive in your answer, just simply disagree. I'm neither foolish nor am I uninformed, I simply implied that it wouldn't be out of the realm of a possibility for a player to run slower than he normally does just too achieve his goal of playing for a certain coach he's known his entire college career. Believe what you want.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

Spikes may just be the key player of this draft as far as the Pats are concerned.The fact that he was available in the second round, validates McCourty. They had lots of problems last year at OLB reason was they were a bit soft inside, so offensive coordinaters pass a lot more. With Wilfork, Spikes and Mayo to stop the inside. The secondary now becomes very important. The Pats will have a very athletic secondary, the pocket will have a lot of pressure from Spikes or Mayo . This will make the outside pressure more effective. I think the Pats are going to win 12 and go to the Super Bowl. It was truly a deep draft, Gronkowski and Hernandez are going to really spred the defences, this may be the best year yet.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

I'm very excited about Spikes and look forward for him playing beside Mayo.  It will be HUGE if the Pats can have a great middle.  Wilfork up front / Mayo -Spikes right behind him - along with B.Meriweather (McGowan/sanders/chung?) in the back. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

I have to laugh at all the excitement, seems to me wasn't it just a few short months ago everybody was screaming,

Bill's crazy, he thinks he can do it all.
    We need Weis back.
    We need Romeo back.
    We need McDaniel back.
    Rolly polly Pilaon (how ever you spell dippys name) was the brains behind the draft.

Thank God I never doubted Bill!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

South, I would still not mind Weis and RC back.  Loved their variety of play call, knowledge of the system, and the game

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

if a player wants to play for a particular team then all he has to do is pull an eli manning, there is no way he dilibrately runs slower.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

I have to laugh at all the excitement, seems to me wasn't it just a few short months ago everybody was screaming, Bill's crazy, he thinks he can do it all. We need Weis back. We need Romeo back. We need McDaniel back. Rolly polly Pilaon (how ever you spell dippys name) was the brains behind the draft. Thank God I never doubted Bill!!
    Posted by southnpatsfan

I agree on romeo and weis. mcdaniels was a great QB coach but as Offensive coordinator i thought he wasn't as good as weis.  Poioli was good but look at BB's last 2 drafts, we got alot of players who are still on the team and are now pretty good players.  i think the loss of coaches hurt us more than the loss of poioli.  BB was the true scouting genius.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Spikes : I agree on romeo and weis. mcdaniels was a great QB coach but as Offensive coordinator i thought he wasn't as good as weis.  Poioli was good but look at BB's last 2 drafts, we got alot of players who are still on the team and are now pretty good players.  i think the loss of coaches hurt us more than the loss of poioli.  BB was the true scouting genius.
    Posted by natesubs

yeah, thats the nail on the head...if NE can get a couple of rookies to contribute right away like some did last year then I see a good trend, because previous to last year it has been a while since NE has had a strong draft.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

One step ahead!  Hell he should be . .  he was a starter on one of the best college teams in history with one of the most fundamental coaches.  If he is not ready to step in and play on day one then this was a wasted draft pick.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from j24m1. Show j24m1's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Spikes : What's your point in not believing he could tank a 40 to get to the team where the coach wanted him all along? You don't need to get abusive in your answer, just simply disagree. I'm neither foolish nor am I uninformed, I simply implied that it wouldn't be out of the realm of a possibility for a player to run slower than he normally does just too achieve his goal of playing for a certain coach he's known his entire college career. Believe what you want.
    Posted by sportsbozo1

Because your literally throwing away millions of dollars to be with a certain team in a later round??  Not very sound logic.  You look as good as you can to get drafted as early as you can which results in the largest possible rookie contract.  NOBODY in the business of earning money would tank their tryouts for their future employer.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

i say top 5 in run D this year, with our OLB/DE/DT racking up somewhere between 25-40 sacks, our Pass D ummm lets say around 20picks total? maybe 23-25,

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

the pats care about getting off the field on 3rd down and not giving up points...

those are the stats that they work off...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

It's early and everyone is excited after the two weeks of absolute negativity.....
    Oh and let's take a break with the Globe bashing too...It's counterproductive and hardly consistent with the community spirit of what this forum should be...

Patriot Nation should be about unity and solidarity not this diva crap that appears here way too often.

Just sayin....

Spikes may be greatness come knocking but let's hold off the coronation just yet.
    A lot of the pedigree is there and Coach Meyers is a BB disciple but to the best of my knowledge, he hasn't played a down of pro football yet......

Manage your expectations....Of course, it's hard to do...especially so when you start connecting the dots...:-)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Spikes isn't one of my favorite picks from this draft. Yea, he is a gamer that plays with his soul, but he still ran his forty time slower than Brady did.

He'll play weak ILB, and they are mostly responsible for the run, but you and I both know that Peyton Manning is going to pick on him all game. And some of you are being really ridiculous. Our ILBs were weak so teams decided to pass? What? If our ILBs were weak, why didn't teams just run the ball continuously? Stop trying to justify this pick. The NFL is a passing league, a 5.00 running MLB isn't going to cut it against the Petersons, Chris Johnsons, DeAngelo Williams of the league. I'm not surprised the Pats gave him Seau's number (It's actuallly Willie Mac's, but not the point), he'll only play in rushing situations.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

49, I know it is college, but he covered well there.  I can see him being a 3 down ILB.  I think the safety will cover the C Johnson's if they can, not many can in this league let alone ILBs. 
    I am not sure who said teams passed more due to our weak ILBs.  They passed more due to no pass rush AND they could run the middle too  due to our weak ILBs

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

heretoday~ did you watch the Raven playoff game? they ran all day and threw 10 times.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

I am excited about out ILB's this year Mayo, Spikes, Guyton and McKenzie.....

Sections
Shortcuts