BRANDON SPIKES

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: BRANDON SPIKES

You're all missing the primary reason why Brandon Spikes is going to be "lights out" from day one in a Pats' uniform.

"Spikes" is a badass name.

Forget Bryan Cox, this kid is gonna be Dick Butkus.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rabbrandy. Show rabbrandy's posts

We needed toughness and he will bring it like Cox did back in the day. I remember the hit Cox put on Pathon the wr of the colts somewhere around week 5 of that 2001 season. The play was one of the turning points early in that season. Spikes has very good instincts that more than make up for his alleged lack of speed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

We can only hope Spikes plays like Bryan Cox. My favorite memory of Cox, it was early in the first half of the SB against the Rams and he just crucified a wide receiver on a crossing route (then stood over, staring down at wideout  while he writhered on the field - which would be a penalty now). I remember thinking, hey we're to going to be alright. It's too bad we got him at the end of his career - but he was a real mean, piece of work at linebacker.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: BRANDON SPIKES:
    You're all missing the primary reason why Brandon Spikes is going to be "lights out" from day one in a Pats' uniform. "Spikes" is a badass name. Forget Bryan Cox, this kid is gonna be Dick Butkus.
    Posted by p-mike

LOL.. The only thing better he could do is change his first name to Hammer.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

We can only hope Spikes plays like Bryan Cox. My favorite memory of Cox, it was early in the first half of the SB against the Rams and he just crucified a wide receiver on a crossing route (then stood over, staring down at wideout  while he writhered on the field - which would be a penalty now). I remember thinking, hey we're to going to be alright. It's too bad we got him at the end of his career - but he was a real mean, piece of work at linebacker.
    Posted by Shadowcpt

My Favorite Memory of Brian Cox is him Flipping off the Buffalo fans.Something I've always wanted to do myself.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

In Response to Re: BRANDON SPIKES : You're right and he doesn't get near the credit he deserves for his contribution to the Pats. Cox was a tremendously talented player with Miami.  Big, fast, tough and almost totally insane.  I think he once challenged the entire city of Buffalo to a fight.    He was suspended, fined, you name it.  He even sued a local talk show host (Phil Hendrie) for libel.  By the time he got to the Pats he was way past his prime, but he could still bring it.  Ask Jerome Pathon.
    Posted by Muzwell

I was 30 yards away from Bryan's hit on Pathos and the Team and the crowd got so amped up from that one hit.  From that point on the Team played a more physical game which helped get them to the SBs.  With Rodney's departure,  that physical play also departed.  I see Brandon as the reversal of that trend.  The rest of the Team will be transformed as well.