BRANDON SPIKES:A GAME CHANGER?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

BRANDON SPIKES:A GAME CHANGER?

Look out, steal of the draft?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Re: BRANDON SPIKES:A GAME CHANGER?

Lets hope so.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

Ive been screaming about this kid all year and have been hoping we would scoop him up in the second. Forget the combine and that BS , the one thing that you can change and might be the easiest to do so , is getting stronger/faster etc. Im a P.T. and trainer and have experience working w/ athletes and regular people. Helping athletes becoming stronger/faster is the easy part trust me. This kid is a beast , game-changer and was the heart/soul of the Gators D and their best player and that includes Joe Haden. Hes my favorite pick of this draft. Im going crazy thinking of what a Mayo/Spikes tandem will do.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wendylee03. Show Wendylee03's posts

In Response to Re: BRANDON SPIKES:A GAME CHANGER?:
    Im going crazy thinking of what a Mayo/Spikes tandem will do.
    Posted by ONE-TIME

Lets hope missing tackles isnt one of them, Mayo seemed to have a problem last year

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from djkg. Show djkg's posts

In Response to Re: BRANDON SPIKES:A GAME CHANGER? : Lets hope missing tackles isnt one of them, Mayo seemed to have a problem last year
    Posted by Wendylee03

Yeah, it is called a bum knee. He came back pretty quickly for knee injury last year. He did not look like he was as explosive when he came back. Hopefully, he will be back to normal this upcoming season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Spikes is a Ted Johnson take on a blocker to free up the other ILB type. I think he fits nicely but I now wonder what happens with McKenzie because I think in his second year recovered from his injury he could be a stud inside as well Guess it is ok cause they will need him for 3rd and long coverage.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Nothing wrong with 3 good young inside linebacks (Mayo, Spikes and McKenzie) . . . Pat's can rotate them and keep them fresh . . . also put Spikes in the middle and go to a 4-3 every now and then just to keep the other team off balance.  I'm not as big a Spikes fan as some on here (I've attended a lot of UF games) but I'm hoping I am wrong on the kid and he has as good a career as Teddy Johnson did.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

In Response to Re: BRANDON SPIKES:A GAME CHANGER? : Lets hope missing tackles isnt one of them, Mayo seemed to have a problem last year
    Posted by Wendylee03

Why don't you go back to the jets board or where ever the hell you come from. You certainly don't belong here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

Spikes is a beast playmaker, 4th down stops, game changing picks(6 of them) and has the speed to track down a RB in the backfield, and take a pick to the house, great pick up by the patriots, hes a great compliment to Mayo and if Tyrone doesnt work out then Spikes would be a more then perfect fallback

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

when the Patriots drafted Spikes in the 2nd round my initial reaction was ... WOW. I was on the phone with my old man and just kept saying WOW. He didnt know who Spikes was cuz he doesnt follow college. Told him he will be a bonafid stud in the middle of the patriots defense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Spikes' value is that yhe's a big thumper in the middle, something they don't currently have on the roster.  He's a player with great size for the position one that is strong at the POA allowing him to clog run lanes and be stout against the run, he also shows the ability to drop back into coverage and the ball skills to capitalize on a QB's mistake with 6 career INT's (4 returned for TD's) allowing him to potentially develop into a 3 down player in the middle.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimNotJimmy. Show JimNotJimmy's posts

I love the pick and hope he is all that and a bag of chips! Only problem I have is when he tried to gouge that Georgia running back in the eye. It looked like he was trying to pull his eyeball out, very disturbing! I think Bill has to keep him on a short leash.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agent56. Show agent56's posts

Hands down my favorite pick in this draft. I could not stop cheering when his name came up on the screen and not another trade LOL.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBermuda. Show PatsBermuda's posts

BB knows his stuff

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

BB knows his stuff
    Posted by PatsBermuda

If, I mean when BB teaches this kid to keep his cool and 
    head in the game, he will be a nice tantum with Mayo...
    www.gatorcountry.com/images/uploads/football/SpikesBrandon_081004_8782_TCasey.jpg" alt="" width="375" height="469" />

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I think Spikes has the potential to be a great LB on the Pats.. However, like many people have mentioned, I'm afraid of him getting game misconduct or personal foul penalties in crucial situations. I'm all for his intensity, but I hope he can control it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

Well...it does add another eye gouger to the D.
    Good player though..and probably a good pick. Florida'a defense was tough.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hayley-1999. Show hayley-1999's posts

I'm a Rhode Islander from North Florida and I can tell you that this kid is one tough somb!tch! He is the absolute steal of the draft. Everyone got hung up on his 40 time, whats not being said is that Spikes has been nursing a hamstring problem since the end of the season. That explains his 40 times . Hamstring injury's can be slow to heal. In the recent past he has been timed in the mid 4.7s. He hits like a runaway freight train,which is why he can sometimes snap. He has been a victim of crack back blocks, so who knows what made him snap that day! But believe me if your involved in a game with him in it you'd rather he be on you team!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

Coach Moe taught Wilfork and Spikes well.

Lets hope he can be the new Ted Johnson

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

The Ted Johnson comparisons are accurate in my eyes.  Lets not annoint him a starter just yet though.  He will be a rookie in a complicated system, dont get down on him if he doesnt play for the first half of the season (see Meriweather's rookie year).
    However, he is a large ILB, and his job will be very similar to what TJ did.  Take on that OL so that mayo can use his quickness (provided the knee healed) ot make sideline plays. A good pick, and I remember another LB who had slow 40 times in Teddy Bruschi....how did he turn out?? (yes I know teddy was a DE in college).
    In a 3-4 if you have one fast ILB, the other needs to be a run stuffer, as I see this guy doing in a year or so.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Coach Moe taught Wilfork and Spikes well.   Lets hope he can be the new Ted Johnson
    Posted by HRK103

Don't let the Farley Brothers get to u...

I can't believe Cunningham went befor Spikes...

The book on Spikes is he has unbelievable "intinks", having caught and ran back 4 intercepetions out of 6...nice, very nice...He may be the steal of the BB draft...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

I love this pick too.  One thing that makes me very confident about this pick is that ILB is one of the few college positions that consistently projects into the NFL.  Guys like Jerod Mayo, Jon Beason, Patrick Willis etc were all ILBs in the SEC, and it was not hard at all to project how they would perform at the pro level.  I think you can add Spikes and Rolando McClain to that list of SEC ILBs who will be able to plug into the NFL very smoothly.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZachRudy. Show ZachRudy's posts

I am excited to see both Spikes and Tyrone McKenzie at ILB.  It sounds like McKenzie worked very hard in the classroom last year and is poised to make a strong start.  That kind of dedication speaks volumes of a person’s character and work ethic.   A rotation of Mayo, McKenzie and Spikes with Guyton as supersub could be very effective.  Each of these guys posses different attributes which will allow BB to get creative in developing sub packages.   

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

In Response to Re: BRANDON SPIKES:A GAME CHANGER? : Why don't you go back to the jets board or where ever the hell you come from. You certainly don't belong here.
    Posted by fourjays30

Hey FOURGAY... why dont you crawl back to the slime where you come from. No one asked you for your worthless opinion. If she wanted any lip from you she could scrape it off your boyfriends zipper. No one wants you on this board and could care less what you have to say. Hows that feel pumpkin?

Sections
Shortcuts