Brandon Tate is fine

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Brandon Tate is fine

Listening to PFW, patriots radio, and they noted that brandon tates hometown paper reported that tate was fine. tate quoted as saying he was "put" on IR rather then forced by injury. the radio broadcasters speculated that perhaps he was placed on  IR because of some soreness and they figured to play it safe with him.
    at any rate, this is certainly some good news

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Re: Brandon Tate is fine

Mike Reiss reported an admittedly "unconfirmed" rumor that Tate had torn his other ACL and had surgery, and Reiss is usually right on top of things.  However, if your report is true, that is very good news.  I'm excited to see what Tate can do for us next season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

i think this is the article they were referring to
    http://www.thetimesnews.com/articles/tate-31250-powerhouse-home.html

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

If he did have another serious injury this year, they're doing a great job of covering it up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tamayo2431. Show tamayo2431's posts

interesting tidbits from that article, written by his hometown paper. I'd believe it:

"Tate said his knee was 'good' and pronounced teammate and future Hall of Fame receiver Randy Moss a 'real cool guy.'"

A question from Long about whether Tate knows all the Patriots’ plays revealed a confident player who’s convinced he’ll make a major impact in 2010. “You wait until next year and see,” Tate responded.

Tar Heels receivers’ coach Charlie Williams agrees. “He’s a truly dynamic athlete. He’s special with the ball in his hands,” Williams told www.thepatriots.com. “He’s elusive, quick and fast enough to take it the distance. Regardless of how he develops as a receiver, he’ll be a very dangerous return threat at the very least.”

Tate sounded appreciative and hopeful as he signed autographs and greeted well-wishers afterwards. “The Patriots took a chance on me. They must have believed in me. We’ll see.”

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I can't remember where I read it back when he went on IR but it was that he felt pain on that knee and a precaution they shut him down which I think was a good thing.

He's will have had close to 2 years since his injury and should be 100% coming into this year.  He is a dangerous KR and PR, he was never a big number WR in college but has the tools to become a solid #2 with time so until then who fills that role?

I'm glad to hear his knee is good.  There's no where than I can find anything about a second surgery.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Interesting. 

Even if it was his "other" knee its still better than having it be a re-injury of the same knee. 

If both knees are fine and just smart to play it safe all the better.

If he's perfectly fine, how does it affect their approach to drafting a WR? A slightly less priority, lower target round? No difference at all?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Low I think they go FA, two guys I would like to see come in are Bobby Wade and Ronald Curry.  Both have good abilities but had down years in 2009, neither should be expensive to bring in.

Curry is turning 30 so might be looking to come to a winning team for less money.  If Tate is 100% adding one or two of those guys I think we don't have a need to draft until late rounds. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

With the exception of moss. Yes I recall even Welker saying it took a while to get the system. When's the last time a "veteran" came in and got going straight away. Galloway, nope. Stallworth, got beat out quickly so I would say nope. Gaffney nope but might be the next closest. Caldwell, not sure, he played straight away and pretty good but not sure if that was simply necessity. Doug Gabriel, nope. Lewis, nope.

I might be forgetting someone but I think you have to go all the way back to David Patten.

If it's going to take a guy some time then I would rather keep the youth movement going and draft a WR.

I like the things I am reading about the Roberts guy from the citadel. Where is he projected to go?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Bobby Wade is a slot receiver.  He was in Minnesota, and was used as the Chiefs' version of Wes Welker last year.  I just think the Pats need an outside receiver, not a slot receiver like Wade. 

Malcom Floyd would be my choice.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

pyegian I agree with you, Floyd would be great! but do you think the Pats will give up a 1st and a 3rd for him?  without a CBA his a RFA and that's what it will cost them to sign him away from the Chargers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from l52094. Show l52094's posts

Thanks for the update.  This is really good news if it's true that Brandon Tate is okay to go for next season.  It would be great if he actually turns into a WR threat for the Pats.  They sure need it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Pats 7393. Although Tate never had many receptions in College, his average per catch was 23.5 per Catch. This kid is dynamite with the ball in his hands, and will also take over the kickoff or punt returns next year. Tremendous upside fills a couple of spots along with Mckenzie, Crable and a solid Draft the Pats are not that far off. I would Love for them to take Brandon Graham, But BB won't because he is only 6'2".Pats will be back on top  next year. Jets will fall just like the Phins did, no sneaking up on anybody next year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

pats7393, I agree it could be tough to get Floyd since he's restricted, but Vincent Jackson is also a free agent and I'm almost positive they'll keep him.  Therefore, they may be willing to work out a reasonable trade for Floyd rather than pay him the high tender.  I'm just not sure they can afford huge raises for two receivers in the same year.  

I would trade one of the 2nd round picks for Floyd in a second.  A 6'5, 225 pound receiver who averages almost 20 yards per reception?  Sign me up!  If San Diego does tender him high and doesn't want to trade him, then unfortunately, I think we'd have to move on to other options.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

All knee injuries are a dice roll, and they take a long time.  Wes Welker may never be the same again.  Or, he may come back at full strength in time for the end of the 2010 season and the playoffs. 

The same goes for Tate (and third round linebacker McKenzie).  If he doesn't come back, BB will say sorry, we tried, and Tate will be cut in late August.  If Tate does come back, and if he has been learning his routes and working out with the jugs machine over the intervening 18 months, he'll get a bunch of deep routes.  Opposing coaches will then have to decide whether to single cover Tate and hope, or double cover him (and cover Randy Moss too and go 7 on 9 up front).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

I've been waiting to read something about Tate. Unfortunately though it looks from his resume in college that he's a younger Sam Aiken who's still fast enough to return kicks. He's Ellis Hobbs minus lackluster cover skills.

Still though at this point I hope he comes to camp walking on water and breathing fire.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Need some youth at WR, I hope he comes in full strength next year.