Brandon Tate, Risk Or Reward????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradyslady12. Show bradyslady12's posts

Brandon Tate, Risk Or Reward????

I sure hope this kid is a reward, The pat's have trouble picking wr's and rb's for some reason....Let's see chad jackson or santonio holmes, jackson BUST!!!!! I think brandon will deliver...... sooner than later, Pat's put him on pup to make sure he is ready to play............. hopefully, Great Receiver and Return man!!!
    I say REWARD!!!!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from poopsteo. Show poopsteo's posts

Re: Brandon Tate, Risk Or Reward????

Sum value, Ala Branch, Cassel?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SammySrx. Show SammySrx's posts

Look for him to be IR'd in camp and then make a run for it in 2010

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheSharkjeff. Show TheSharkjeff's posts

People just love to forget Deion Branch and David Givens. Yeah trouble picking WRs in Bethel, and Jackson.

Tate will likely see no snaps this year and see more time next year as Galloway leaves and Lewis shows that hes an average bum like his relative Jabs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

Tate = low risk fo rthe possiblity of a great WR, he was a better wideout in college than Nicks and nicks was drafted in the first round. If he gets healthy and stays out of trouble he will be a fine reciver

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

He's a 3rd round pick that some felt could have been a low 1st or high 2nd had he remained healthy his final year. By the time of the draft teamate Hakeem Nicks was considered the better talent of the two. Just as a sidenote the Pats could have picked Ramses Barden with this pick. It's hard to see any WR getting more balls thrown there way than Moss and Welker for the next 2 years. I figure BB will make him part of the return game once he's healthy with an outside  chance at 3rd or 4th receiver if Galloway and Lewis depart. There's, obviously, a big risk when you draft an injured player; even in the 3rd round. You have to remember that a player like Moss is a once in a genration player and that Welker is the best slot man in the NFL so it`s very difficult, for me anyway, to see anyone supplanting either in the immediate future. Like I said Return special teams stuff before a serious shot at cracking the Pats starting receiving corps. I hope this kid does alright; I don`t think the expectations should be as high as Jackson (2nd round pick that had great combine). Be nice if he was Troy Brown revisited, really nice.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from smthax. Show smthax's posts

In Response to Brandon Tate, Risk Or Reward????:

Well the draft is a big crapshoot. If my memory serves me, I recall Curtis Martin had an injury issue and he turned out to be a great pick. So there is some precedence picking a player with a history of injury. I guess this is why BB gets paid the big bucks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

The pats have drafted several players that were injured in thier senior seasons, martin, e. wilson, assente samuel, the cb from last year from colorado, mike wright was signed as a rookie free agent after he was injured his senior year, the pats will look at the players whole body or work and then make a decsion , they won't  let one productive senior season sway them, the pats also take the player they have rated highest when drafting, I would put Tate in the High Reward category.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Tate's injury was not the only problem. He also failed a drug test, I believe. If not for these issues they were speculating he may have been taken in the mid first. He certainly has the potential to be a top WR. If he's healthy and has his head straight he could become a real steal. Evidently someone in the organization thinks he'll do well. I still don't think we'll see him until 2010.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsChowder. Show PatsChowder's posts

Not quite as explosive, but Tate could be our Devin Hester. He's a strong return man who won't have to be out there as a WR.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

3rd round you have to assume moderate risk only because you are thinking guys anywhere between rounds 3 and 5 will probably play in the NFL if only with minimal impact somewhere.  He's a good pick though because of his injury we could potentially give him the "redshirt"/IR season and essentially guarantee he stays with the team.  The risk is obviously the injury but there is way more upside to this pick than many others they could have made.  Put it this way: a potential sleeper to be a long term contributor for the red, blue and silver.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

The good part is we don't need anything from tate this year with all the veteran wr's we have in.......look for him to bust out next year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

Tate will be IR'ed this season for sure. Hopefully he has some up side next year. The Pats are going to need it because Moss isnt getting any younger

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Moss will be a baller when he is 40 if he wants so age has nothing to do with it.

I think he is a high reward type of pick. Many thought he was a easy 1st round pick before he hurt his knee and we got him in round 3 so if he plays well he is a huge value.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

"3rd round you have to assume moderate risk only because you are thinking guys anywhere between rounds 3 and 5 will probably play in the NFL if only with minimal impact somewhere"

SonnyCarlione,  You have to be kidding me with this comment. This is the sweet spot for value and production. Stephen Gostkowski, Asante Samuel, Jarvis Green,Tedy Bruschi and Curtis Martin all picked in rounds 3-5. Do you think they are minimal impact players?

Oh yea and some guy named "Brady" was picked in the following round; another minimal impact player.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Tate, Risk Or Reward????:
    [QUOTE]"3rd round you have to assume moderate risk only because you are thinking guys anywhere between rounds 3 and 5 will probably play in the NFL if only with minimal impact somewhere" SonnyCarlione,  You have to be kidding me with this comment. This is the sweet spot for value and production. Stephen Gostkowski, Asante Samuel, Jarvis Green,Tedy Bruschi and Curtis Martin all picked in rounds 3-5. Do you think they are minimal impact players? Oh yea and some guy named "Brady" was picked in the following round; another minimal impact player.
    Posted by kman2004[/QUOTE]
    Well perhap I should expand upon that comment because I'm not sure you read it correctly.  From the past 15 years you have hand picked 5 guys who vastly exceeded expectations in rounds 3-5 and applied them as a fair representation of the history of Pats drafts.  By your logic all 12 players picked this year should be pro bowlers at some point!

When they say value they're not thinking a 4th round pick is going to be a guaranteed future All Pro.  It's a wildcard - you're picking someone that was passed by other teams three times but they don't cost much and could potentially be a big contributor (i.e., value or bang for the buck).

Without the actual quote on hand, Belichick even noted that there are a lot more Hall of Famers from round 1 than 2 and round 2 than above that.  There is a reason these guys don't get picked in rounds 1 and 2 but obviously that doesn't mean they can't make a contribution - or better.   

So yes, you DO assume moderate risk because you WOULD like to think these guys can play somewhere in the NFL and you always have a few pleasant suprises who surpass those expectations.  Fair?

Sections
Shortcuts