Brandon Tate

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Brandon Tate

The kid doesn't look like he has "it"

I realize he is young - but he didn't even show "flashes" - other than on special teams. 

Obviously a deep threat is another need area for the Patriots. 

Branch and Welker + a deep threat (no - not Moss; someone who is hungry).

Tate just doesn't impress me very much and I don't expect that he will be any better next year.  He rarely gets separation and he isn't a great "hands guy"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

Re: Brandon Tate

In Response to Brandon Tate:
    The kid doesn't look like he has "it" I realize he is young - but he didn't even show "flashes" - other than on special teams.  Obviously a deep threat is another need area for the Patriots.  Branch and Welker + a deep threat (no - not Moss; someone who is hungry). Tate just doesn't impress me very much and I don't expect that he will be any better next year.  He rarely gets separation and he isn't a great "hands guy"

Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost

u r wrong dude, this is his rookie year and TB never used him only onces in a while, check out the catch he made with Hoyer.
    Check out my post I just talked about it. I'm not vouching for him but we just don't know cauz TB just never trusted him too much.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

tate hasn't done anything really impressive.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Green Baldwin others in draft. Tate is what he is the 5th target on this offense. I'd worry more about finding a #1 WR.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I noticed he was wide open on a couple plays when brady was searching searching searching. 

Maybe TB doesn't trust him.

But when you watch the Steelers next week - you will see that their young WRs show a lot more potential than Tate.  They run like crazy and they can catch.

Other than Kick Returns, I don't see much there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

he was one step behind a game changing catch.

We couldn't draft anybody last week or last month aight. Gotta work with what u got and TB was happy with his possession receivers and his tight ends, He should've worked Tate more I don't care how good he is, get him ready for the game he wasn't ready and TB and BB had the entire year. They never focused too much on him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The dude showed nothing other then a few Kickoff returns the first few weeks of the season.  The last 10 weeks he's been lucky to get to the 20.

As a receiver he does not have what it takes to earn his QB's confidence or to come up big by consistently getting open, making plays and leading his team to  victory's. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

the only thing I hope we don't do is eat our young

Tate did have one end round that looked good
    and he is the last option

The Pats WR system is supposed to be very
    difficult to learn - it doesn't hurt to give him more time

During the season he did have that one long pass down the side when
    Brady escaped - and did make some other nice plays
    Again he is last variation

and we still have Price
    Do we need more - always but which first?

Last Night did we scheme right?
       Was our Oline good enough?

Seems we need Pass presure the most
    and am afraid of where we are with the Oline

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

In One Word Edelman ,

better use edelman that tate at least he tries he has fire
    dont know if it's the trust issue

next season maybe edelman should return kicks two
    he has the fire and at least he gives it all

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The kid doesn't look like he has "it" I realize he is young - but he didn't even show "flashes" - other than on special teams.  Obviously a deep threat is another need area for the Patriots.  Branch and Welker + a deep threat (no - not Moss; someone who is hungry). Tate just doesn't impress me very much and I don't expect that he will be any better next year.  He rarely gets separation and he isn't a great "hands guy"

agreed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

The Pats took a shot on him and right now it hasn't panned out except for a couple of nice catches and 1 good kick return. I wouldn't put all my eggs in his basket but I don't think we have to. We may see a ot mor of Pryce next year and who knows, it's a long way until next season and there could be some big shakeups on teams with the new CBA when it gets pounded out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRADY1321. Show BRADY1321's posts

bring in Steve Smith (carolina), thats what we need to do!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

I give him time haven't seen any seperation at games , he has to get open to get brady trust ,
    and dropping balls doesnt help
    we need a true deep treath maybe moss at a reduced price and limited snaps
    boldin if the ravens drop him

or go for floyd or a.g. green type in the draft

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

I like B. Tate. If Brady has trust Tate issues with that's something that needs to be addressed. Tate was wide open and Brady did not throw him the ball. Tate is a young player that is still developing. We had our chance to win yesterday.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

IS he a disapointment maybe. But he isnt the reason why we lost yesterday. and we do not need steve smith.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Tate:
    he was one step behind a game changing catch. We couldn't draft anybody last week or last month aight. Gotta work with what u got and TB was happy with his possession receivers and his tight ends, He should've worked Tate more I don't care how good he is, get him ready for the game he wasn't ready and TB and BB had the entire year. They never focused too much on him.
    Posted by akius

...one step behind because he slowed, misjudging the trajectory.  And his returns have been weak for about 10 straight games. He was a no-show in the biggest game of his career.  Even Doug Gabriel made some catches in his big game. 

Tate looked to be improving of late after a weak start, but last night was a big step backwards.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

gIn Response to Re: Brandon Tate:
    In Response to Re: Brandon Tate : ...one step behind because he slowed, misjudging the trajectory.  And his returns have been weak for about 10 straight games. He was a no-show in the biggest game of his career.  Even Doug Gabriel made some catches in his big game.  Tate looked to be improving of late after a weak start, but last night was a big step backwards.
    Posted by chrisakawoody

*effin A Straight. Tate had his eyes on the ball the whole way and made no adjustment. Brady had a bad game but That pass was Tate's fault. That's a natural ability too. I can't see him all of the sudden learning how to do that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

For the record - I didn't mean to imply that Tate did anything to lose the game yesterday. 

Just my off season comments.  B. Tate doesn't seem to have "it."

There are a couple of young WR in Pittsburgh who run hard and catch.  Tate seems like a low energy kind of guy. 

Not that I expected much from Tate from the beginning.  I don't think Steve Smith is the solution either.

There are not any FA wide receivers that will help this team.  They are going to have to draft one or trade for one.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I was opened minded to him at the beginning of the season, he made some good cathes, but I think we need bigger WRs who can outjump and and out bump the small CBs. if we keep Tate cut Slater.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrogLegs. Show FrogLegs's posts

The Pats need a TALL receiver!!!
    They don't have that in their arsenal and it would work good for the jump ball in case of single man-to-man coverage.
    By the way they also need a TALL corner...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from itllnevahapn. Show itllnevahapn's posts

sydney rice or malcom floyd would look good here

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

I seriously Cant believe the season is really over...I cant believe this is real.....The Jets?? Really?? W*T*F!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

give the kid a break. This is basically his rookie year since he sat his first year due to injury. If he's still performing at the same level by year 3...then u can call him a bum.Laughing

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

tate can be a good returner and finesse reciever at best

but we need a big body out there

bring in vj if he bring on what he did to nate clements on SD-SF
    i am all for it

might cost a bit , and need's to be in order also
    but has all the upside we need 

Sections
Shortcuts