brandon tate??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

Re: brandon tate??

Sure, he was injured, but personaly, I think he will be a boom. You could see that he has speed and can go deep, which is very essential.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Boom.

Could be Eddie Royal when he gets better at route running.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

this may be one of BB best gambles. once fully healthy i think this guy will be #3

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I liked him in college pre injury. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

Two words: Chad Jackson!  Next!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from alcondragon. Show alcondragon's posts

Mcl, Acl, Tittty Lick, these are difficult to come back from. Espically guys that run really really hard and fast. One wrong step and his leg could wind up in the third row bleachers. I dont like it, it stinks! But I do think Tyrone Mckenzie is going to be a bad azzz once hes up and running.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from deman3392. Show deman3392's posts

As far as Brandon Tate he looks he'll play a role like Mike Wallace played in Pittsburgh last year, but great kick returner like Eddie Royal/Percy Harvin.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

In Response to Re: brandon tate??:
    Two words: Chad Jackson!  Next!
    Posted by BBRULES23

Based on what?  Please share your words of wisdom.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

In Response to Re: brandon tate?? : Based on what?  Please share your words of wisdom.
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon

Two games last season and done because of injury issues.  The sad fact is this guy has serious injury issues that will plague his career like Jackson.  I don't see him ever playing a full season.  I hope I'm wrong, but this is what happens to players coming off serious injuries.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

BBRule with all due respect do you even know why he was shut down for the season? His knee started to inflame not do to injury but do to residue scaring left from the surgery to repair the acl and mcl. The same thing happened to Brady after his surgery. They felt it was better for him to go have minor surgery scraping away the scar tissue and shutting him down to prevent possible long term injury then have a simple anti-inflamitory shot and plugging him into the 3rd/4th slot. The Pats obviously feel he has great potential and I wouldn't be surprised them taking on another project wr in the late rounds believing that Tate will be ready for the 10' season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

BBRule with all due respect do you even know why he was shut down for the season? His knee started to inflame not do to injury but do to residue scaring left from the surgery to repair the acl and mcl. The same thing happened to Brady after his surgery. They felt it was better for him to go have minor surgery scraping away the scar tissue and shutting him down to prevent possible long term injury then have a simple anti-inflamitory shot and plugging him into the 3rd/4th slot. The Pats obviously feel he has great potential and I wouldn't be surprised them taking on another project wr in the late rounds believing that Tate will be ready for the 10' season.
    Posted by PatsEng

Well that Pats also thought Chad Jackson had great potential, that's why they traded up in the second round to get him.  But things don't work out as planned.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

~Personally, I'm pretty happy that N.E. did a multi-round reach for Brandon Tate with the 19th selection of round three, Instead of choosing any higher-rated player still on the draft board at the time, And not coming off major knee surgery, And many of whom have shown to be extremely productive for first year-rookies, such as Bears-Juaquin Iglesias, Giants-Ramses Barden, Jaguars-Mike Thomas, Steelers-Mike Wallace, Colts-Austin Collie, Bears-Johnny Knox, Seahawks-Deon Butler, and Chargers-Demetrius Byrd...ALL of whom will fall by Tate's wayside in the end.  

See, the best thing to look forward to about Brandon Tate, is that Tate has shown flashes of brilliance as a good receiver, and also Tate was simply unreal as a kick and punt returner @ North Carolina...  It's not so much that Tate has blazing speed, or runs perfect routes...no, he doesn't.  Tate's best trait, at least imho, Is his excellent footwork, above average cutting ability, and his lower body strength...Of which, I know what you're sayin-Are ALL dependant on his rebuilt right knee after tearing both his ACL and MCL in late 2008.  But hey, that knee will be good as new, because they just recently re-opened it up in order to clean up some scar build up-So it could be now, Even Better than new! 

Don't fret though, those naysayers left over, Because Tate has 2 other great qualities imo:  First, Brandon Tate is fearless when running, then extending for, then reaching and/or jumping superbly-for the ball over the middle of the field...  Well, maybe not jumping as good any longer, But Tate still has those 2 other good traits (fearlessness & extension/reaching for the ball) of an excellent #2 WR in the making, BOTH of which are even further benefitted with his massive 6'0 185lb frame and past experience of having either 1 or a couple of head injuries...

~Lastly though, Is Tate's very good work-ethic, Which (again, just imho here)-IS that 1 intangible as to why Brandon Tate was a superb pick-up overall, and why Tate will probably be a 15 year NFL vet, and multi-year all-pro after everything's said and done.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from deman3392. Show deman3392's posts

~ Personally, I'm pretty happy that N.E. did a multi-round reach for Brandon Tate with the 19th selection of round three, Instead of choosing any higher-rated player still on the draft board at the time, And not coming off major knee surgery, And many of whom have shown to be extremely productive for first year-rookies, such as Bears-Juaquin Iglesias, Giants-Ramses Barden, Jaguars-Mike Thomas, Steelers-Mike Wallace, Colts-Austin Collie, Bears-Johnny Knox, Seahawks-Deon Butler, and Chargers-Demetrius Byrd...ALL of whom will fall by Tate's wayside in the end.   See, the best thing to look forward to about Brandon Tate, is that Tate has shown flashes of brilliance as a good receiver, and also Tate was simply unreal as a kick and punt returner @ North Carolina...  It's not so much that Tate has blazing speed, or runs perfect routes...no, he doesn't.  Tate's best trait, at least imho, Is his excellent footwork, above average cutting ability, and his lower body strength...Of which, I know what you're sayin-Are ALL dependant on his rebuilt right knee after tearing both his ACL and MCL in late 2008.  But hey, that knee will be good as new, because they just recently re-opened it up in order to clean up some scar build up-So it could be now, Even Better than new!  Don't fret though, those naysayers left over, Because Tate has 2 other great qualities imo:  First, Brandon Tate is fearless when running, then extending for, then reaching and/or jumping superbly-for the ball over the middle of the field...  Well, maybe not jumping as good any longer, But Tate still has those 2 other good traits (fearlessness & extension/reaching for the ball) of an excellent #2 WR in the making, BOTH of which are even further benefitted with his massive 6'0 185lb frame and past experience of having either 1 or a couple of head injuries... ~ Lastly though, Is Tate's very good work-ethic, Which (again, just imho here)- IS that 1 intangible as to why Brandon Tate was a superb pick-up overall, and why Tate will probably be a 15 year NFL vet, and multi-year all-pro after everything's said and done.  
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

I Agree

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

He looked terrible before being placed on IR. Just read he had additional minor surgery but speedy wide receiver and major knee surgery have never been a good combination. Not his fault but he will end up being another wasted pick.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

All scout reports on this kid last year called him a 1st round talent that would fall because of the injury.  He has had a full year to learn the O, he will not be a bust. 

He can play in the slot or can play as the #2, he has that type of ability.  To compare him to Chad Jackson is not even close.  Tate has a completely differnt approach to football (he is actually happy to be playing and learning).  This is a good evaluation of Tate.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2009-04-14/scouting-report-north-carolinas-brandon-tate

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I don't think Tate will be a bust, but if I was BB, I would opt for insurance...meaning, a WR via FA, and a WR in the draft. 

If Tate is healthy and can keep from reinjuring this knee, I think he will be a contributor to the Pats offense next year. God knows we need him. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/columns/story?columnist=reiss_mike&id=4916671

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Brandon Tate probably compares best to Mardy Gilliard in this year's class, except Brandon was 185 coming out, and Gilliard is 171. Tate's 1/2 inch taller, too:

Mardy Gilliard:

Positives:
    -Is a terrific athlete and very productive
    -Uses his body well, is physically gifted and tough and is not afraid of contact
    -Makes some tough catches and has shown the ability to pick up yards after the catch
    -Has 3 career KR and 1 PR for touchdowns (30.29 yard KO average in 2009)
    -Big-play artist, has good speed (4.51) and is very explosive
    -Good blocker at this point, willing to put his body in front of opponents
    -A lot of upside, has only 3 years of experience at WR, a former running back
    -Good frame to grow into
    -Extremely quick, makes fast cuts and stops on a dime, very elusive in the open field
    -An ideal fit as a slot receiver in the NFL
    -Has some momentum heading into post-season workouts after an impressive showing at the Senior Bowl, earning Offensive MVP honors

Negatives:
    -Has less than ideal WR height at just under 6'0"
    -Needs to add muscle, measured in at 171 pounds at the Senior Bowl which may scare some scouts about his ability to get off jams and block in the NFL
    -More quick than fast, can get chased down by faster defensive backs
    -Inconsistent hands, drops some easy passes

http://www.sidelinescouting.net/rankings/wr.shtml

Sections
Shortcuts