In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to themightypatriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Typical brady basher

[/QUOTE]

I know. Brady isn't perfect ... but here you have a WR taking blame on a play, and some people still want to disagree. 

It's ludicrous. 

[/QUOTE]

Wow...  You think Brady threw a good ball there...?  Really ?

[/QUOTE]

Do you understand how passing works? Most throws involve QBs throwing to a point in space ... not a WR in stride. The NFL isn't backyard football where people just run and you try to connect with them. 

If you see a FS over the top, but you also have steps on your CB/LBer (this was the case there) you usually break your route off into some shorter pattern.

If Edelman is supposed to run to a specific spot and turn around on a fade (he is, there was a safety over him) and he overruns the spot, it's always going to look like a pass to nowhere .... because the receiver wasn't where he should have been!

How hard is that to understand? 

Again, Brady isn't perfect. He's made his share of mistakes. That one is not on him. 

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Z,

Was just about to mention that as it was very obvious that JE over ran his route and couldn't make an adjustment. (tried but too late).

You think, TB, yelling "oh, Jules"  Immediately, as the ball was released....might have been a hint.

The only thing I might add is that this very thing has been happening ALL YEAR, with the babies being inexperienced.  Edelman, isn't exactly the most experienced WR, either.

But, haters....carry on.  It's all TB's fault, right?

[/QUOTE]

I mean, on empty space INTs like that you go through a check list.

1.) Did the WR fall down?

2.) Was there something drastically wrong with the throwing mechanic?

3.) Where was the coverage at/after the snap?

On one, no ... he didn't. On two, no there wasn't.

Look at the coverage ... if it's over the top of Edelman on that route he is likely supposed to break it off, if there is no over the top coverage on Edelman, he has a 'go' and is supposed to take his 1-on-1 deep. 

The coverage Edelman ran into was deep, he should have broken his route off. 

That's your suspicion. 

When you have video and audio of the WR saying "I turned around last second .. but by then I overran it," it's a slam dunk.

No more analysis needed. Edelman ran the wrong route. INT in space.

And yeah, Edelman has not been perfect in hsi routes this season. Amendola has actually shown more polish, which is odd given Edelman's slightly greater experience.  

And yeah, this is really about a few posters bent on trolling Brady. 

[/QUOTE]

I like that there are so many NFL coaches on this forum...not.

Just a bunch of drunks acting like they know an iota about football.

[/QUOTE]

Sort of how a guy on this forum think he knows better than BB in playing Ridley?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

Re: Brday Sound FX !!

+1 to Edelman for taking some or all of the responsibility for that Int during his conversation with Brady.   Thinking about the team and the future rather than finger pointing.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Also, Edelman can take all the credit for the play, but he was doubled and not likely to beat a two man blanket. Did Brady think could box out and outjump guys that are more athletic? 

[/QUOTE]

No. The implication is that Edelman is supposed to stop and comeback.

If he stops, he isn't doubled .... some of the coverage is behind him. 

Stop bashing Brady. Really, get over it. You don't need to hear anything more than you just heard. 

[/QUOTE]

I respect your opinion and football knowledge, but I don't think you get what blanket coverage is. One guy underneath, one guy over the top. The guy who INT the pass was the underneath guy. Though Edelman had "overran" the route, the Saints defender was in a great position to make that INT and he did.

It was a bad throw. Jeez, I'm supposed to turn a blind eye when Brady makes a bone head mistake? I guess Gronk messed up in the SB when he didn't come back for the pass that got INT.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

My favorite part is the NON reaction to the game winning TD by Brady as if he knew it all along.........reminiscent of Bird walking away from the 3 point line in the corner with his index finger raised calmly in victory before the ball even splashes thru the net...........Greatness enjoying it while it lasts!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nope. It was the announcer, not Brady.

[/QUOTE]

Wrong.  If you listen to the original on NFL network,  it is clearly Brady.  The jumbled video on the link is garbage quality .

BTW ... what announcer would say that ?  It is clearly a self critical slap of sarcasm and news flash...  It was a feature to hear Bradys commentary not the announcers. 

So... wrong and slightly dimwitted.

[/QUOTE]

It is the announcer who said it is over, not Brady.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from umichfan. Show umichfan's posts

Thanks for sharing the link.  That was amazing!  Brady is awesome!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

I think the funniest part was Tom Brady on the bench starting to give hand slaps & says something like "nice Kid" to Edleman & Edleman walks by & Tom is left hanging.  Been in that type situation before...waiting for him to say, "psych" lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Also, Edelman can take all the credit for the play, but he was doubled and not likely to beat a two man blanket. Did Brady think could box out and outjump guys that are more athletic? 

No. The implication is that Edelman is supposed to stop and comeback.

If he stops, he isn't doubled .... some of the coverage is behind him. 

Stop bashing Brady. Really, get over it. You don't need to hear anything more than you just heard. 

[/QUOTE]

I respect your opinion and football knowledge, but I don't think you get what blanket coverage is. One guy underneath, one guy over the top. The guy who INT the pass was the underneath guy. Though Edelman had "overran" the route, the Saints defender was in a great position to make that INT and he did.

It was a bad throw. Jeez, I'm supposed to turn a blind eye when Brady makes a bone head mistake? I guess Gronk messed up in the SB when he didn't come back for the pass that got INT.

[/QUOTE]

Blanket coverage is a colloquialism. There is no such thing in the NFL. What you are refering to is bracket coverage. 

No ... if Edelman doesn't overrun his route by 10 yards .... would he be in the bracket?

No ... he would be underneath both zones.

Hence, his omission he overran the route and didn't make his read. 

See? It's that simple. That is how zone coverages work. It is also how variable routes counter zone coverage. It's the NFL passing game in a nutshell. 

Sorry ... you are wrong. Brady didn't make a bad play ... and (well) at least Edelman is aware of that ... whatever axe you have to grind. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Wow...  Z,.....  You're quite wrong and it s kind of funny that you choose this play to hang your condescending full of yourself commentary Hat on.  Bradys "oh jules" comment fits right into the pattern he has demonstrated all year .  In the heat of competition his first kneejerk response is throwing his hands up in frustration when receiver is not reading his mind or reading the coverage in the same way.  Blame the receiver.  Wow ... on this throw?

Comical that you think this is all on Edelman when Brady chucks this deep ball into Double coverage.  Maybe if it was thrown inside on a line incomplete anticipating and in cut....  But no, it was high and outside right into the waiting arms of DB.  Apparently you think this DB was supposed to disappear...?

Curious that your lack of understanding goes this far and that you probably will not admit it.  The fact that it was first down is what makes it worse since you know I know and Brady knows that to start a drive the ultimate objective on first down is to GET SOMETHING.  Get started, even if its 5 yards, get some rythym.  Throwing this deep ball was a mistake and Brady knew it.  Hence the sarcastic self critical comment to himself ..."its over now".

You have nuts trying to talk down to posters as if you have some deeper understanding of the game of football.  Its a joke in this situation.   Im not saying youre ignorant but maybe just a bit myopic at times looking through your proverbial coke bottle glasses and missing a blatant point that is slapping you in the face. 

Sorry to be the one who is taking the adversarial position but can't resist when you post things like "Do you understand how passing works?"   ....   At least i have the understanding of playing the QB position in D1 HS central Massachusetts.  Ive thrown footballs....  had TDs, incompletions, INTs, sacks, concussion, sprained ankle, broken finger, sprained shoulder,  helmet buried in my back after handing off ,  ankle twisted when at the bottom of a pile... etc, etc.    Not saying its the NFL but maybe you do know what I am saying. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Wow...  Z,.....  You're quite wrong and it s kind of funny that you choose this play to hang your condescending full of yourself commentary Hat on.  Bradys "oh jules" comment fits right into the pattern he has demonstrated all year .  In the heat of competition his first kneejerk response is throwing his hands up in frustration when receiver is not reading his mind or reading the coverage in the same way.  Blame the receiver.  Wow ... on this throw?

Comical that you think this is all on Edelman when Brady chucks this deep ball into Double coverage.  Maybe if it was thrown inside on a line incomplete anticipating and in cut....  But no, it was high and outside right into the waiting arms of DB.  Apparently you think this DB was supposed to disappear...?

Curious that your lack of understanding goes this far and that you probably will not admit it.  The fact that it was first down is what makes it worse since you know I know and Brady knows that to start a drive the ultimate objective on first down is to GET SOMETHING.  Get started, even if its 5 yards, get some rythym.  Throwing this deep ball was a mistake and Brady knew it.  Hence the sarcastic self critical comment to himself ..."its over now".

You have nuts trying to talk down to posters as if you have some deeper understanding of the game of football.  Its a joke in this situation.   Im not saying youre ignorant but maybe just a bit myopic at times looking through your proverbial coke bottle glasses and missing a blatant point that is slapping you in the face. 

Sorry to be the one who is taking the adversarial position but can't resist when you post things like "Do you understand how passing works?"   ....   At least i have the understanding of playing the QB position in D1 HS central Massachusetts.  Ive thrown footballs....  had TDs, incompletions, INTs, sacks, concussion, sprained ankle, broken finger, sprained shoulder,  helmet buried in my back after handing off ,  ankle twisted when at the bottom of a pile... etc, etc.    Not saying its the NFL but maybe you do know what I am saying. 

Wow. That's a lot of trash talk ... and a little bit of chest pounding man ... but really you've just written four large paragraphs with zero substance. 

Brady didn't say "it's over" the commentator did ... listen to the game replay on audio. But again ... what does that have to do with the  play? Your insistence otherwise really just demonstrates that you are using it as a crutch to make up for the fact that you have nothing to say about the pass except to blame on Brady because ... welll Brady stinks (quote you).

The play could have been his fault or Edelman's ... what Brady says about the state of the game afterward doesn't prove anything. Unless, of course, he did what Edelman did and said something about how he threw the wrong route. He doesn't .... because he didn't.

Second, again ... sorry you don't understand how passing works. Really. I am. But that's how it works. If Edelman cuts his route off, then he is underneath the coverage and it's a rececption or an incomplete pass. 

The DB you reference was over the top of Edelman he was running with him ... not "waiting there" as you are insisting ... below is visual proof .... he came back for the ball while he was running with Edelman .... Edelman should have been the person to come back. 

Edelman is supposed to break off his route. NE runs this play to its WRs every single week, sometimes 3-4 times a week. It doesn't matter if it's double coverage or triple coverage, the concept is that you cut your route off underneath the coverage.

Then INTs happen this way when the WR runs the wrong route. 

This is why Edelman apologized and stated essentially what I am saying here: he OVERRAN his route. You can disagree ... but Edelman knows what he was supposed to be doing, and frankly it is pretty obvious. 

Missing ... and a question I'd love you to answer ... Why is it that Edelman is saying he ran the wrong route if you are saying that Brady threw the wrong route? Why is Brady saying Edelman ran the wrong route? What gives? Do you know what Brady and Edelman are supposed to be doing better than they do?

Again, no chest pounding or hollow insults that don't help your case. Try and limit it to a technical response. See what you can come up with. 

You are incorrect. I'm sorry. I just don't know what else to say. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]

Wow. That's a lot of trash talk ... and a little bit of chest pounding man ... but really you've just written four large paragraphs with zero substance. 

Brady didn't say "it's over" the commentator did ... listen to the game replay on audio. But again ... what does that have to do with the  play? Your insistence otherwise really just demonstrates that you are using it as a crutch to make up for the fact that you have nothing to say about the pass except to blame on Brady because ... welll Brady stinks (quote you).

The play could have been his fault or Edelman's ... what Brady says about the state of the game afterward doesn't prove anything. Unless, of course, he did what Edelman did and said something about how he threw the wrong route. He doesn't .... because he didn't.

Second, again ... sorry you don't understand how passing works. Really. I am. But that's how it works. If Edelman cuts his route off, then he is underneath the coverage and it's a rececption or an incomplete pass. 

The DB you reference was over the top of Edelman he was running with him ... not "waiting there" as you are insisting ... below is visual proof .... he came back for the ball while he was running with Edelman .... Edelman should have been the person to come back. 

Edelman is supposed to break off his route. NE runs this play to its WRs every single week, sometimes 3-4 times a week. It doesn't matter if it's double coverage or triple coverage, the concept is that you cut your route off underneath the coverage.

This is why Edelman apologized and stated essentially what I am saying here: he OVERRAN his route. You can disagree ... but Edelman knows what he was supposed to be doing, and frankly it is pretty obvious. 

Missing ... and a question I'd love you to answer ... Why is it that Edelman is saying he ran the wrong route if you are saying that Brady threw the wrong route? Why is Brady saying Edelman ran the wrong route? What gives? Do you know what Brady and Edelman are supposed to be doing better than they do?

Again, no chest pounding or hollow insults that don't help your case. Try and limit it to a technical response. See what you can come up with. 

[/QUOTE]

Just looking at the pics and not the video, who was the receiver open underneath?

I wonder where and when Edelman was supposed to cut off his route.

That may have put him and the other receiver in the same general area.  Did they both run the wrong route?  

Just a thought by looking at the stills.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Regarding the comment...  "its over now"  .     I watched the original Game of the week on NFL channel.  There is no mistake it was Brady.  It was his voice ...You could hear the sarcasm.    It was rattled off just like all the other comments...  candidly .

The possibilty exists that the remade copy of the video was redubbed to make it sound like somebody else... In fact this is quite probable since taken at face value it looks bad and the editors changed it.

Anybody else catch the replay game of the week with the sound effects on NFL channel...?  Not sure what night it was on, but I think it is a feature they do every week ... condensing , and rebroadcasting a selected game with post game comments mixed in, along with the Brady mic.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just looking at the pics and not the video, who was the receiver open underneath?

That may have put him and the other receiver in the same general area.  Did they both run the wrong route?  

[/QUOTE]

Looks like Dobson.  But this discussion is getting a little off track.  Because the play unfolds and and the ball goes into the air and defenders read and react.  So if Brady threw to Dobson the Safety might have read it and moved to cover him.  Hard tellin.

I get your point though since Dobson and Edelman are kind of close together downfield which is odd and leads to your question of somebody or both being in the wrong place. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Salcon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Looks like Dobson.  But this discussion is getting a little off track.  Because the play unfolds and and the ball goes into the air and defenders read and react.  So if Brady threw to Dobson the Safety might have read it and moved to cover him.  Hard tellin.

I get your point though since Dobson and Edelman are kind of close together downfield which is odd and leads to your question of somebody or both being in the wrong place. 

[/QUOTE]

It just seems to me that if Eds was to supposed to cut off his route that would have put him and Dobson even closer.  

Not trying to put the blame on any particular player because I really don't know who was supposed to do what but it looked to me atleast like Dobson was pretty open with Edelman taking the safety deep.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

From the pictures it looks like Brady should have thrown to Dobson.  But hey Z...  Have you considered the possibilty that Lewis was reading Brady and it didnt matter what Edelman did...?  In other words while running he is the one looking back finding the ball and catching it.  That is what good ball hawking DBs do.  

So your analysis could be completely moot since the DB was in the advantageous position either way and Brady threw it up there.  I am not relieveing Edelman entirely from some responsibilty but it is clearly a bad throw in that situation and it was intrecepted.  Edelman could have turned and fought for the ball and maybe come down with it...  You never know but with 2 defenders there it seems very unlikely .  Even you Z, should admit that.  It was low percentage even if Edelman broke it off like you say.

this gets back to my other discussiojn about the inherent risks and disappointments with relying your offense on these type option routes.  Here we are arguing about the stupid notion that receiver and QB should always read the coverage the same way.  And if not its the receivers fault.  For instance from your pictures... it looks like maybe Edelman has a half step on the inside guy and a perfect ball thrown over his head could have been grabbed by Edelman.  Again the point being that was Edelmans read and who are you to say it was wrong.  Its only wrong because Brady threw it somewhere else.

Are you getting this now...finally?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ironically, Dobson is running an end cut/square-in kind of route there which is what Brady hit Edelman on for that last drive on the first play.

On the INT, he clearly missed Dobson.

I also feel he tries to force the flair for the dramatic kind of plays when they are not there.

[/QUOTE]

What bugs me is that he has gotten away from some of the fundamentals that were taught to him by Weis presumably.  Like not going for too much on first down to start a drive for instance,  as well as the structure of the passing routes.  Can' help but think that Weis would approach this current team of rookie wideouts with a whole different set of plays (not relying on option routes as much)...

Brady and McD are limited it seems with their approach somehow.  Its hard to put your finger on it but you kind of know it when you see it.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

1) Seems to be Scott Zolak who said the game was over. He does the color for the game. He would or might say it because it is part of his job description. Being an ex NFL QB and player he would understand that in most likelihood it would be over at that point.

If you listen at both the 2:40 area for the game over comment and the 3:25 area for the here we go buddy let's see what you got here comment it seems very obvious that is Scott Zolak in both. Just my opinion since there is no actual proof without each guy saying they did or did not say it.

2) I don't think either Brady or Edelman are at fault exclusively. They just clearly were not on the same page.

a) Brady says "oh Jules" right after releasing his throw. Is it because he realises instantly that they are seeing it differently?   

b) Brady says "I saw you running by that guy". By in this context clearly means past. If Brady sees his receiver running by/past that guy what does he actually mean? Was he not being accruate with his words? Should he not have said running by those guys? Did he not realise it was double coverage? And if he did mean those guys while saying that guy then why would he throw an intentional jumpball underthrow? Was Brady simply hoping Edelman would stop for it and force the DB to run into him forcing a PI call? Did Brady simply not have faith Edleman would be running by both guys? ...If that was the case then why say he saw him running by "that" guy? Bottom line, nothing in what brady said on sound FX, in the way he said it is definitive of anything.

c) Edelman said  " I turned around... last second, but by then I overran it" Not exactly proper english, but I have no leg to stand on when it comes to that. So this issue of understanding what is meant when he is speaking in fragments is certainly not definitive either. If he ran a wrong route then he might not even be in the vicinity, at all. I don't think he would say by then I overran it, meaning by then I had over ran it if he was not suppose to be there and more likely was simply late finding the ball to make and adjustment on it. It is not like he specifically said I know Tom I was suppose to break that outside, or I know Tom I was suppose to stop and come back but forgot.

My own opinion is that Tom absolutely underthrew Edelman, he does that more times than not throwing deep down field. However Edelman was far to concerned with beating coverage and forgot all about finding and tracking the ball until way to late. I also believe Tom threw that ball to the outside shoulder to allow Edelman a greater possibility to get out of bounds if he makes the catch and can't take it to the house. Edelman neither tracked the ball early or anticipated ball location based on the current situation. Not great situational football or anticipation.

Neither guy executed perfectly on that play in my opinion. Neither guy seemed to be really overly upset or frustraed with each other on the bench either. That's potentially a game ending play and I think someone would have been much more pissed if it was a blatent mistake.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]

LOW FBI, you're really tap dancing around it. What is Edelman supposed to say when the HOF QB isn;t admitting it's his fault he recklessly threw under Edelman into what was obvious double coverage?

This is what I mean about Brady thinking he is above the team.  A QB should just say "that was awful on my part, my bad". Just move on.

The ball had way too much air, it was covered or double covered and he threw too late anyway.

It has nothing to do with the route.

[/QUOTE]

There is merit to the idea that no matter who is at fault or more at fault that TB could just fall on his sword 1st.

Without knowing who definitively was more at fault Edelman fell on his sword more willingly.

They and the coaching staff are the only ones that know.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Z - from those pics it was a high arcing ball that came down at the 37 yard line.  Edelman was at the 38.  I don't understand what you mean by Edelman should have cut his route off.    Can you elaborate?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

LOW FBI, you're really tap dancing around it. What is Edelman supposed to say when the HOF QB isn;t admitting it's his fault he recklessly threw under Edelman into what was obvious double coverage?

This is what I mean about Brady thinking he is above the team.  A QB should just say "that was awful on my part, my bad". Just move on.

The ball had way too much air, it was covered or double covered and he threw too late anyway.

It has nothing to do with the route.

[/QUOTE]

There is merit to the idea that no matter who is at fault or more at fault that TB could just fall on his sword 1st.

Without knowing who definitively was more at fault Edelman fell on his sword more willingly.

They and the coaching staff are the only ones that know.

[/QUOTE]

Right. And, I don't need to even hear them on the sidelines to know whose fault that was there.

Brady is not perfect. He's a human being. It's ok for him to say "my bad" once in a while. THat's all I am saying.

There seems to be this obsession with him to be so perfect, that he just can't simply say "you know that was my fault there, we'll get him next time."  There always has to be this default idea that somehow it's never on him. Like it's impossible for Brady to not do something well in a game, even one time.

He does do it (Admit his mistake or bad pass) in the press conferences, but I wonder why he doesn't do it at the time it happens. Why does it take such an over-analysis about routes, who did what or when, or a borderline lie about how the O Line didn't protect him enough, etc?

How about, he was late/slow in delievery, isn't the best deep ball QB anyway and the trajectory was wrong.

It's not it like it's the first time we've seen it. It's just tiring seeing people scramble around to deflect from the real truth just because Brady wasn't 100% perfect.

I fully accept human mistakes by humans.  I just don't think he should be above reproach.

This whole "he ran the wrong route" crap is getting old, too. Week by week, it's clear these WRs are improving. VERY clear.

They're wide open a lot, getting separation and causing major problems for what the media and fans consider good defenses. That's the key part.

THe drops will also lessen as the season goes with less targeting or poor throws from Brady and Gronk returning.   Just watch.

I don't want to hear any more "wrong route" or "drop" crap here unless it's legit.

[/QUOTE]

It's been legit all along, troll.

Do you know what "throwing to open grass means?

Do you know what the QB and receiver are supposed to do?

To simplify it for you, the QB throws to an open area after reading coverage.  It's the Receivers responsibility to get to that spot, after reading the same coverage.  That usually means a predesignated route.  If the receiver does not run that route, depending on the coverage, it blows up.

It is NOT the QB's responsibility to throw to an open receiver.  It's his responsibility to throw the receiver open.  That's a huge difference and apparently too deep for your understanding.

Oh and as to your other BS.  TB said , AFTER the game, that the intention was to "GO FOR IT", on that play.  It has absolutely nothing to do with your ridiculous assumption of Tom wanting drama by making things harder.

That was Brandon LLoyd.  He loved that, which is why he is no longer here,

Troll, on!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

[QUOTE]

Regarding the comment...  "its over now"  .     I watched the original Game of the week on NFL channel.  There is no mistake it was Brady.  It was his voice ...You could hear the sarcasm.    It was rattled off just like all the other comments...  candidly .

The possibilty exists that the remade copy of the video was redubbed to make it sound like somebody else... In fact this is quite probable since taken at face value it looks bad and the editors changed it.

Anybody else catch the replay game of the week with the sound effects on NFL channel...?  Not sure what night it was on, but I think it is a feature they do every week ... condensing , and rebroadcasting a selected game with post game comments mixed in, along with the Brady mic.

[/QUOTE]

This is incorrect. Brady did not make that comment. Many others have stated the same.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Here we've got a first ballot Hall of Fame quarterback who has been playing elite football for over a decade. He's put in years of hard work at the position, and has been the reason for the Patriots success for the past several years. Somehow, we have people doubting this guy and siding with the unproven rookie receiver. That, to me, goes against all logic.

No, Brady obviously isn't perfect, but he's probably right 95% of the time. How do you not blame Dobson or Thompkins, who've each dropped probably 1 in every 4 perfectly thrown passes? Or how do you side with Edelman, a third-year vet who's barely seen extended action till this season?

Brady isn't throwing inaccurate passes or making bad decisions, he's throwing to the exact spot he wants it, and the receivers are slightly off that spot. If you gave Brady the benefit of the doubt over Ochocinco (who is actually a proven commodity in the league), why would you change your mind for a completely inexperienced cast of receivers?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

In response to kevin13130's comment:

Here we've got a first ballot Hall of Fame quarterback who has been playing elite football for over a decade. He's put in years of hard work at the position, and has been the reason for the Patriots success for the past several years. Somehow, we have people doubting this guy and siding with the unproven rookie receiver. That, to me, goes against all logic.

No, Brady obviously isn't perfect, but he's probably right 95% of the time. How do you not blame Dobson or Thompkins, who've each dropped probably 1 in every 4 perfectly thrown passes? Or how do you side with Edelman, a third-year vet who's barely seen extended action till this season?

Brady isn't throwing inaccurate passes or making bad decisions, he's throwing to the exact spot he wants it, and the receivers are slightly off that spot. If you gave Brady the benefit of the doubt over Ochocinco (who is actually a proven commodity in the league), why would you change your mind for a completely inexperienced cast of receivers?

That's false. If that was the case, he wouldn't have sucked overall in the postseason. That's the biggest myth out there.

Bill Belichick, his GM work in and out of the lockout and his coaching of these younger players is why, not Brady.

Ugh.

One of the biggest mythd of all time in this town.

Wait, can you name a QB in the current era that has performed better in the postseason than he has in the regular season? Peyton Manning? Aaron Rodgers? Drew Brees? Yeah, they've all dominated during the regular season and sucked overall in the postseason. Yes, A-Rod and D-Brees each had a postseason run, but they haven't been elite in their (few) other postseason appearances. Fact is, when you get to the playoffs, you play the best defenses in typically the worst weather conditions (for QB's). It's expected that their performances will inevitably drop.

Belichick the Coach and Brady are BOTH responsible for Patriots success. I don't know how you can argue BB the GM is carrying this team when he's used so many high-round picks on mega-studs (read: mega-duds) like Ras-I Dowling, Chad Jackson, Terrence Wheatley, and Patrick Chung. I think Belichick is an above average GM, but he's not elite in talent acquisition. His greatness in the coaching department covers up for that.

Even if you don't agree with me that Brady is a reason for the team's success, you at least have to concede that he is an elite QB. So how do you trust an undrafted rookie like Thompkins over said HoF QB? That would be like trusting Rex Ryan over Belichick in an argument on how to best deal with the media.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Excellent football discussion / explaination.

Hmm, I can see if Edlemann cut back this play would have a chance at working. It is likely he ran the route incorrectly. In this case I see it being Edlmanns fault.

So when TB mentioned in the presser that this pass was his biggest mistake in the game he was just being a man and taking responsibility. If true, classy move.

On issue I have here is people have become  so  polaraized on this forum  about Brady that they actually are in two groups:

1. No one can say anything wrong about the guy or they will be hounded.

2. Brady is terrible and the reason for allthe team issues on offense.

Really appreciate keeping it technical and on a case by case basis.

Sections
Shortcuts