Breaking Down the 9-3 Bears

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Breaking Down the 9-3 Bears

The Bears aren't as good as their record suggests, they kind of remind me of the Jets, solid defense but not-so-great offense.  On paper, this should be the toughest remaining game on the Pats schedule since they have GB at home.  It should be a great game. 

Here's how Da Bears rank.

29th ranked offense; 26th in passing yards and 22nd in rushing yards.  They are 21st in points scored. 

3rd ranked defense; 13th in passing defense and 2nd in rushing defense.  They are 3rd in points allowed behind the Packers and Steelers.  (Before the season is over the Pats will have played the 4 best defenses.  The Jets would have been in 2nd place in points allowed if we didn't hang a 45 burger on them.) 

Here's how the Pats rank.

13th ranked offense; 11th passing, 13th rushing.  They are 1st in points scored.

31st ranked defense; 31st in passing, 19th in rushing.  They are 14th in points allowed.

The Bears are 4-2 at home, 5-1 on the road.  The Bears are 2-1 against winning teams.  They beat GB at home by 3, PHI at home by 5 and lost to NYG away by 14.  Their other two losses were decided by 3 points each, to 6-6 SEA and 5-7 WAS.

4 of the Bears 9 wins came against door mats, 1-11 CAR, 2-10 BUF and a pair of wins against 2-10 DET.  3 of those wins were decided by an average of 4 points.  Since the Bears don't have a great offense, they don't blow anyone away.  Their biggest point explosions were 27 against MIN and DAL.  Their biggest margin of victory was 17 against the lowly Panthers.  The Bears are averaging 20.5 ppg while giving up 16.  Their 54 net puts them at 11th.  The Patriots are in 2nd place in net points at 110.

The Bears have won 5 straight, the Patriots have won 4 straight.  The Bears are 4-2 at home, the Pats are 4-2 on the road.  It will be the 3rd toughest team to score against (16 ppg) vs. the team that scores the most (31.6 ppg).

The best way to attack the Bears is through the air.  This is good.  Like the Jets game, this game will likely be decided by the play of the QBs.  Here's a comparison.

QB Passer Rating
    Brady #1 - 109.5
    Cutler #11- 92.8

Passing %
    Brady  #3 - 257/385, 66.8%
    Cutler #13 - 201/318, 63.2%

Yards
    Brady   #3 - 3,209
    Cutler #13 - 2,545

TD
    Brady   #1 - 27
    Cutler #13 - 17

INT
    Brady   #2 - 4
    Cutler #17 - 10

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Re: Breaking Down the 9-3 Bears

Honestly, after smashing the Jets and going into chicago, into bad weather and against a turnover prone Cutler( IMO more so then Sanchez) with our opportunistic D and amazing O, this one won't be too dificult. They aren't a physical team on offense, which is the only type of O we really struggled against( Browns, with that Amazing O line and beast in Hillis)

Bears O line is porous and Cutler makes tons of mistakes when behind.

A quick score or two and this one will be in the bag. I was more worried about the browns before we played them then I am agaisnt the Bears. I would be surprized if we dont put up 28+ and allow anything more then 17.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

we are going to kick gurlacher's azz

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

I expect Chicago to be a VERY tough game, but I am hoping we can pull it out at the end..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LatenightOwl. Show LatenightOwl's posts

In Response to Re: Breaking Down the 9-3 Bears:
    After an emotional game against the Jets, a short week, game on the road in Chicago, who is fighting for their play-off lives too. This is probably going to be toughest game of the year. The only stat now that counts is "W".
    Posted by bobbysu

I agree totally.  This isnt a veteran laiden team.  A great test of maturity for the young team.  Will the Cleveland game help?  We will see.

Leaving with a win, no matter how ugly, will make me smile.  Don't under-estimate the Bears, people.  They are unpredictable.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

where is this cmnt clown that was talking non sense all week?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Breaking Down the 9-3 Bears:
    In Response to Re: Breaking Down the 9-3 Bears : Can't repeat this enough..   how many remember the Pats V Jaguars last year?  35 - 10 in the cold, wind and snow.  Other than being in Chicago, how is the weather there going to be worse?
    Posted by agcsbill

I rest my case...    and, will CMNT ever make another appearance here?

Sections
Shortcuts