Breaking News! Dennard found guilty.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Breaking News! Dennard found guilty.

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

I wonder if he was given a plea offer. I wonder if his lawyer gave him bad advice, why go to trial for what happened . I wonder if his lawyer saw an opportunity to make some big bucks from a young NFL player. I wonder if the Defense lawyer and the Prosecutor are cousins. Something stinks about this whole thing.

we dont know. if a da is gung ho about making publicity, they may not have offered a plea deal.

otherwise if laywer and he thought they d win, he may pay the price.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

Sorry I'm of the camp he probably did it, the cops kind of screwed up the case and everyone wants it to go away. They probably did plea down. The DA won and that's what matters. Think of that would happen in a college town if Dennard won.

now if goodell is smart he will have a private meeting and a hand slap. After all villma played. I think goodell wants it to go away too 

he went ot trial on all the orignal charges. that is not pleaing down.

When he took the stand in his defense, Dennard admitted to resisting arrest and also to hitting Samani in the chest. He insisted he did not intentionally punch Kopsa.

an admission of guilt to get a reduced sentence/fine is pleading down. The DA will not recommend a sentence.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

Sorry I'm of the camp he probably did it, the cops kind of screwed up the case and everyone wants it to go away. They probably did plea down. The DA won and that's what matters. Think of that would happen in a college town if Dennard won.

now if goodell is smart he will have a private meeting and a hand slap. After all villma played. I think goodell wants it to go away too 

When he took the stand in his defense, Dennard admitted to resisting arrest and also to hitting Samani in the chest. He insisted he did not intentionally punch Kopsa.

an admission of guilt to get a reduced sentence/fine is pleading down. The DA will not recommend a sentence.

Also, the "chest" contact with Sami was Dennard's shoulder in a crowd. Not defending it, but barring that being intentional, it really isn't warranted for an arrest of Dennard. The cop was looking for the person who coldcocked Sami, after Dennard and Sami bumped into one another.

I'm not commenting to the arrest. I still feel that this got out of control and they all want it to go away. The law is the law, if you hit a cop, bump him, or swear at him you wont win. When the big "A" is involved the cop will always win. If I had a potential contract worth millions coming up I'm wrapping myself in bubble pack and hiding until I sign the papers. I'd think if there wasn't booze involved this would have turned out different.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

98.5 had a reporter from Nebraska on to talk about it. Apparently, the area he was in is full of college students in the bars. She said it's really gotten out of control with them pucking, urinating, and fighting after the bars close amd the city wants it stopped.  She said three other trials like his were going on at the same time. So the city has a problem, too bad he was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

98.5 had a reporter from Nebraska on to talk about it. Apparently, the area he was in is full of college students in the bars. She said it's really gotten out of control with them pucking, urinating, and fighting after the bars close amd the city wants it stopped.  She said three other trials like his were going on at the same time. So the city has a problem, too bad he was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

This ^

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Well I can't say I'm surprised. In most assualt cases against the Police the guys in blue win regardless of truth. Shame on the good citizens of Lincoln,NE you just gave yourselves a black eye! you also gave a black eye to a guy who didn't even throw a punch,he simply pushed someone off of himself in a scrum,good luck to those of you in Lincoln and for God sakes don't ever protect yourselves in a fight,just laydown and take your beating!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to lsulifer86's comment:

I am sure it did not help in the least that he's a Patriot - folks around the country hate anything Patriots. So Denard had the odds stacked against him to start with..

I feel for him.. Its not like he initiated anything. One can make the case he did not react appropriately..

HIYA QUEENIE!

I just heard....Roger Goodell was seen entering the courthouse by the side entrance. He then went into the jury room and forced at gunpoint every juror to decide guilty...Why you ask? Because Dennard is a Patriot of course! He is now working on some plan to make sure the judge gives Dennard the maximum possible sentence...why you ask? Because Dennard is a Patriot! Anyone that still clings to anything conspiratorial about Goodell and the Patriots needs to get a life 

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Did you just say the pats weren't treated right in the punishment stage of Spygate???!!!

Please say that is what you meant. Just to clarify things.Also Clark the Whiny B itch Griswald. Goodell is not after the pats you of the "conspiracy theorists"

Reading your posts is like eating a bowl of glass....you TOOL!

HEY MODS!!!!-GET RID OF THIS GUY!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Also, the "chest" contact with Sami was Dennard's shoulder in a crowd. Not defending it, but barring that being intentional, it really isn't warranted for an arrest of Dennard. The cop was looking for the person who coldcocked Sami, after Dennard and Sami bumped into one another.

I'm not commenting to the arrest. I still feel that this got out of control and they all want it to go away. The law is the law, if you hit a cop, bump him, or swear at him you wont win. When the big "A" is involved the cop will always win. If I had a potential contract worth millions coming up I'm wrapping myself in bubble pack and hiding until I sign the papers. I'd think if there wasn't booze involved this would have turned out different.

I agree. I am just saying, the prosecution's case was inaccurate, so I question how accurate the cop's testimony is.

If someone yells "hey!" in a crowd and then you have someone grabbing you from behind, I am not so sure it's that cut and dry that you don't defend yourself.

With the above post, it's pretty much what I figured. College bar, some problems there before, so they send out cops at closing time.

My suggestion to curb that kind of a problem, because it's VERY EFFECTIVE, is to park a paddy wagon right in front of the club before the students go in.   They'll get the message real quick. I've seen that work very well in the past, usually at concerts.  Very effective tactic.

Obviously, the over-reaction by students or cops on the way out at 2 AM is too late to proactively control a crowd.

I just think that's incredubly dumb police management.

You are flat out wrong about parking a cop car in front of the bar to send a message to the students partying at the bar. I have a friend that is an officer in a college community - he runs into these type of situations all the time. These college students have ZERO respect for the law or authority. ZERO.

They are in college and they think they are destined to save the world without working a single second in their life yet...they got it all figured out. The last thing they care about is a police officer telling them to break it up...move along, etc. Half of them want the cop to try to arrest them, they have their friends there with their iphones video taping the whole thing looking for a way to sue for police brutality (beer money is needed). You ever see some of this stuff? It's disgusting - you get a bunch of drunk college kids screaming at a cop as he is trying to cuff their friend...they're all yelling..look! look! He's twisting his arm, we got it on tape, we're going to sue you...our frat house will be your house in 3 months! I'm serious.

My friend says the thing he runs into most is resisting arrest. He has been punched as well...the guy got two years.

The truth is the best thing that could happen to the cops and students is if the cops took a week off. The kids would have free rain for a week - they would burn the entire town down and beat the hell out of eachther...end of problem...everyone is in the hospital and the bars are burnt to the ground. Kids/people are different now...much different.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to JRABBB's comment:

Did you just say the pats weren't treated right in the punishment stage of Spygate???!!!

Please say that is what you meant. Just to clarify things.Also Clark the Whiny B itch Griswald. Goodell is not after the pats you of the "conspiracy theorists"

Reading your posts is like eating a bowl of glass....you TOOL!

HEY MODS!!!!-GET RID OF THIS GUY!!!

Why do you bring up something old like Spygate? lets bring up something more recent like Nyers not helping their own. you know how you tell us how your the best and most generous people in the world.. How are the sandy victims doing? You going out there this weekend to help or you going to Jersey to help there?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

What the F are you talking about Phil??That has to be the 32nd time you brought up Sandy.You bring it all the time.Are you an angry victim of Sandy?Why all the angst in a football forum of all places??

Here we are talking about how Dennard the 2nd player for the pats in the headlines for all the wrong reasons in as many weeks and you bring up Sandy victims??

It's like speaking with to a person with Altheimers.Stya on point-Yes I brought up Spygate-The jag off Griswald mentioned how BB was dealt with-He said Goodell's punishment was too harsh and I said it wasn't harsh enough!BB should have been thrown out of the game!

What in God's name does any of that have to do with Sandy victims?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

I saw the interview with the prosecutor after the conviction. He said this was a good case to show what the police are up against, and that there were 140+ assaults in this one block where the bars are in the past year. If you follow this link and scroll down, there is a map of the latest murders in Lincoln. The bar where this all happened is on O street, right in the middle of the cluster of murders. Not a place I think I'd want to be anytime, never mind with a bunch of drunks at 2 am.

http://journalstar.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/dennard-shows-no-reaction-to-felony-conviction/article_4ca8c055-c2df-5039-8e8d-3a7627fc4d14.html

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

wow Leon.  Did I hurt your feelings?  Naaa.  Nyers don't have any. Maybe you should just put me on ignore. I hate getting under your skin. You tell me that sandy was 6 months go well your Super Bowl was 44 years ago but you bring that up still too. I'd go with the ignore if I was you. ~ smirk ~

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Hey Phil...did you help out your horribly accented neighbors during Nemo??LOL and I hope you know that I truly am!

Clark Clark Clark...didn't we have a little discussion earlier about your epically long posts that nobody but you reads???

Short and to the point NOT wind and baggy!

Thanks from everyone

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I agree. I am just saying, the prosecution's case was inaccurate, so I question how accurate the cop's testimony is.

If someone yells "hey!" in a crowd and then you have someone grabbing you from behind, I am not so sure it's that cut and dry that you don't defend yourself.

With the above post, it's pretty much what I figured. College bar, some problems there before, so they send out cops at closing time.

My suggestion to curb that kind of a problem, because it's VERY EFFECTIVE, is to park a paddy wagon right in front of the club before the students go in.   They'll get the message real quick. I've seen that work very well in the past, usually at concerts.  Very effective tactic.

Obviously, the over-reaction by students or cops on the way out at 2 AM is too late to proactively control a crowd.

I just think that's incredubly dumb police management.

You are flat out wrong about parking a cop car in front of the bar to send a message to the students partying at the bar. I have a friend that is an officer in a college community - he runs into these type of situations all the time. These college students have ZERO respect for the law or authority. ZERO.

They are in college and they think they are destined to save the world without working a single second in their life yet...they got it all figured out. The last thing they care about is a police officer telling them to break it up...move along, etc. Half of them want the cop to try to arrest them, they have their friends there with their iphones video taping the whole thing looking for a way to sue for police brutality (beer money is needed). You ever see some of this stuff? It's disgusting - you get a bunch of drunk college kids screaming at a cop as he is trying to cuff their friend...they're all yelling..look! look! He's twisting his arm, we got it on tape, we're going to sue you...our frat house will be your house in 3 months! I'm serious.

My friend says the thing he runs into most is resisting arrest. He has been punched as well...the guy got two years.

The truth is the best thing that could happen to the cops and students is if the cops took a week off. The kids would have free rain for a week - they would burn the entire town down and beat the hell out of eachther...end of problem...everyone is in the hospital and the bars are burnt to the ground. Kids/people are different now...much different.

I support the police, but some departments are managed poorly. This sounds like another example.

Like I said, go to any big city with bars and in those neighborhoods, literally nothing happens.   People leave drunk and go where they're going. Everyone knows the drill. Drunk people spill out and stumble home or get cabs, etc. It's a well known thing what happens. Harrassment is not necessary. Cops know this and they don't harrass the patrons.

I do agree that the Millenial generation is out of line and can't handle themselves as well as Gen X, etc, but that still doesn't explain the general mismanagement of these college town dweeb cops who were dorks in high school and were too lazy to be state policemen.

Go to most college towns and you're all but physically tossed from the bar at 1:59 AM into the streets. We've all been there. Well, you haven't because you never went to college. lol

You're old so you don't know what you're talking about here. Leave it to the younger folk who have more experience with how these new era police departments are thinking they're improving security, when they're not.

Murders are up in Lincoln, crime, etc.  I'd suggest a paddywagon BEFORE entering the bar, so they all know what happens if you step out of line.  Harrassing drunken kids out of a bar on a bike is ridiculous in general.  They're already obnoxious and drunk so just make sure no one does anything stupid like coldcock someone.  lol   You get some bored small time cops and this is what they do. Real towns and cities have PLENTY of other things to be doing. Plenty.

Please leave that cupcake kitchen of yours for once, Cupcake.

Agree on you wouldn't be seeing this stuff in a big city...different people...different circumstances. As for the small town police officers, college students, etc...I think you're out of touch. You obviously don't realize you can't allow kids to run a town that you live in - you can't just allow them to spill out onto the street drunk and fight each other...in say 20 to 30 years when you can afford a house, you'll appreciate that. For now try to picture this...drunk kids fight outside the bar...it spills further down the street, before you know it someone gets thrown into a CVS window and knocks all the Tylenol from the shelves:) That help?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Remember the Cyanide lased Tylenol in Chicago?  I don't believe they ever found the person behind it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

I saw the interview with the prosecutor after the conviction. He said this was a good case to show what the police are up against, and that there were 140+ assaults in this one block where the bars are in the past year. If you follow this link and scroll down, there is a map of the latest murders in Lincoln. The bar where this all happened is on O street, right in the middle of the cluster of murders. Not a place I think I'd want to be anytime, never mind with a bunch of drunks at 2 am.

http://journalstar.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/dennard-shows-no-reaction-to-felony-conviction/article_4ca8c055-c2df-5039-8e8d-3a7627fc4d14.html

the Dennard trial got a lot of attention and media coverage because he is a local football star and he's a Patriot, my fear is they will make him do jail time, just to show it doesn't matter who you are you will be prosecuted if you are arrested.

Why is law enforcement allowing this to go on-take away the bar license and shut them down.. This situation sounds really out of control.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Remember the Cyanide lased Tylenol in Chicago?  I don't believe they ever found the person behind it.

Rusty?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Rusty?

His Hobbit sized hands make it near impossible to separate a capsule without damaging it.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts