BREAKING NEWS NUNN TO START!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dx7. Show dx7's posts

BREAKING NEWS NUNN TO START!!

Nunn, just slipped during an interview, and it certainly sounds like
    he's traveling to London with the team. Read the Boston.com blog and let
    me know what you think. Another clue is most practice squad players
    don't give media interviews. Tate has only practiced once so far; he can't possibly be ready to play on Sunday.

-- dx

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sox148927. Show sox148927's posts

Re: BREAKING NEWS NUNN TO START!!

nunn may travel with the team and see a few plays, but start??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dx7. Show dx7's posts

You're right my mistake! I intended to say, Nunn will be activate on the 45 man game day roster on Sunday.

-- dx

In Response to Re: BREAKING NEWS NUNN TO START!!:
    [QUOTE]nunn may travel with the team and see a few plays, but start??
    Posted by sox148927[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nooyorkachusettes. Show Nooyorkachusettes's posts

From what I saw last game... the tough play of Aiken will earn him the start... I bet he gets alot of looks also.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

Link?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dx7. Show dx7's posts

Look under the section that says Pats Locker Room entitle Terrance Nunn.

[QUOTE]From what I saw last game... the tough play of Aiken will earn him the start... I bet he gets alot of looks also.
    Posted by Nooyorkachusettes[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/ Look under the section that says Pats Locker Room entitle Terrance Nunn. In Response to Re: BREAKING NEWS NUNN TO START!! :
    Posted by dx7[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. At first Nunn says that he does not know if he is going to England or not - it is up to BB. And then he talks about being over there, so he must be thinking he is going. Why fly him over to watch the game? There are two spots for LeVoir, Nunn and Tate. I assume it is LeVoir and Nunn.

In my simple opinion, I think it is nuts to activate Tate after he has been out of football for a year, never played in the NFL and never practiced with the Pats (even if he claims to have memorized the playbook).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/ Look under the section that says Pats Locker Room entitle Terrance Nunn. In Response to Re: BREAKING NEWS NUNN TO START!! :
    Posted by dx7[/QUOTE]

Thanks.  I wasn't looking hard enough, I guess.  I found it and read it before I got back to the thread, but thanks for posting the link.

This should be interesting.  If nothing else, at least he could provide some special teams depth.  I think Nunn and Tate will travel, but who knows.  Bill always has a trick or two up his sleeve.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I agree One

They have 21 days to activate Tate and I think that this week and the bye week will be needed before you can even toss Tate into KR situation. Heck we might even see Tate at WR until next year after he gets a full off-season to practice his timing

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Is Nunn even on the 53 man roster?  How soon before a game can a player be signed to the team's roster?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Re: BREAKING NEWS - DX7 POSTS FALSE HEADLINE

And I must say it is quite trollish to post something as breaking news when it is just idle speculation on your part.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Even if Tate becomes a total beast, we have to remember that he is coming back from a significant knee injury.  We can all think of a great player with years of experience and a few rings who took a handful of games to come back.  It might be very optimistic to think a rookie will come in and act like the injury never happened.  So even if Tate has the plays down and looks good in practice, we might not see the results we want in a real game with defenders trying to crush him.

Nunn is our best shot.  Can't wait to see what he can do.  I also don't know how soon before the game you can activate someone off the practice squad.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

I would have picked this guy to make the roster ahead of Galloway and Aiken. I thought he earned it in preseason. I think he was a lot like Gaspar when he began making an impression. He catches the ball. Not flashy but he goes where he's supposed to go and holds on to it. 

I haven't been impressed with Aiken at all. Last week anyone caught have made catches so one good game doesn't change my opinion of him. I'd put Nunn higher on the list than Aiken that won't happen yet. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

It's sad to think this would actually excite anyone.  Even sadder is the possibility that this could happen. 

Look, we only have three active WR's on the roster and Aiken, frankly, is about as important to the offense as Kelly Washington was.  I think it's realistic that either Nunn or Tate could see extended action this season and even on Sunday.

It works to our advantage that they play the Bucs on Sunday.  Any other team they would be running 2 WR, 2 TE formations all day long.  They could easily get out to a 14-0 lead and implement either one in a 3 wide package.  If they get out to an early lead do not expect it to stop - I would take the over in this game.  I think New England is finding their groove right now against these practice squad teams and they want to get some work in prior to the Bye.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I think New England is finding their groove right now against these practice squad teams and they want to get some work in prior to the Bye.

It is good they get to play the Bucs this week. Between the travelling and the injuries they can use a (practically) "pre-bye week bye". They will need to get their game up. Shortly after the bye is the Colts game. Sanders is supposedly back for them, too. I'd love to see some of the younger guys get used in a real game. They should be able to handle the Bucs! To be 4-2 isn't too bad. Hell, they're leading the division, that's all it takes to get to the playoffs. Let's get these guys some experience so they can contribute down the stretch. If it's bad they might even put Hoyer in again.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nooyorkachusettes. Show Nooyorkachusettes's posts

I watched Aiken turn a 3 yard catch into a 9 yard catch fighting through defenders.  This is the kind of stuff that earns you more playing time... after this weekend I bet you'll be singing a different tune. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]It's sad to think this would actually excite anyone.  Even sadder is the possibility that this could happen.  
    Posted by SonnyCorlione[/QUOTE]

The way I look at it, I am excited with our WR roster.  There are 32 teams in the NFL, and how many have a better 1-2 punch than Moss/Welker?  There will never be agreement amongst all of us on which team has the best 1-2 punch, so suffice it to say we are in the upper crust.

Edelman has done a decent enough job.  He'll likely improve.  He might be out for the year, but we still have a good up and coming WR in him.  Nunn showed promise in the preseason, but I know everyone will say it was against 8th stringers...  I guess we'll see now.  If either Nunn or Tate become good recievers, we will have a deep WR corps from a quality but not quantity perspective.  If both become respectable, we will have exceptional depth of "quality".

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

I'm really confused as to why people are so excited about Nunn, he's on the PRACTICE SQUAD for a reason.  If he really was ready to step up right away like some people seem to think he will, he would have been activated quite some time ago. I have nothing against the guy, and if he can be productive that would be awesome, but I would be totally shocked if he could come in and produce in any significant fashion this week.  It's one thing to look good in pre-season against backups, going from practice squad to starting receiver is another ballgame.  Like I said, I hope he becomes a player for us, but usually people who are on the practice squad are considered successes if they can contribute on special teams, so to expect this guy to just come in and put up numbers seems a bit silly to me. That being said, crazier things have happened for sure.

-I'm not saying Tate is the answer either, to be honest I don't think either of these guys will help much short term, its asking a ton of them. just my 2c

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from peryan77. Show peryan77's posts

No where in his interview does he slip up about him being activated, do people actually read the articles???

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nooyorkachusettes. Show Nooyorkachusettes's posts

AIKEN AIKEN AIKEN... they just gave him a 2 year extension for a reason on Monday.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Aiken has yet to have a breakout game but that could happen on Sunday. I am  really looking forward to seeing Nunn get some playing time in London.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Tate will have his chance, but not this week.

I´m guessing Vs Miami just before the 21 days expire... If then he does something good, he may continue with the team this season, if not... practice squad to rehab some more and learn the system.

He´ll be like another draft pick next season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]No where in his interview does he slip up about him being activated, do people actually read the articles???
    Posted by peryan77[/QUOTE]

The last sentence in the Nunn section reads:  (Have you ever been to England?) No, it' going to be new to me; I've never been that far.

I would just guess, assuming I can actually read lol, that this is what is being interpreted as the "slip".  I don't think it's conclusive.  He could have been speaking hypothetically.  However, he did not say "it would be new to me".  He said "it's going to be new to me", as in he is going on the trip.  He would not make the trip being on the practice squad.  I guess even that isn't conclusive.  Who's to say Kraft isn't taking the whole team along for the experience...

Anyway, it's certainly open for interpretation.  Aside from this article, who else do they really have?  They are down 2 WR's and there are two in the waiting room...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BREAKING NEWS NUNN TO START!! : The way I look at it, I am excited with our WR roster.  There are 32 teams in the NFL, and how many have a better 1-2 punch than Moss/Welker?  There will never be agreement amongst all of us on which team has the best 1-2 punch, so suffice it to say we are in the upper crust. Edelman has done a decent enough job.  He'll likely improve.  He might be out for the year, but we still have a good up and coming WR in him.  Nunn showed promise in the preseason, but I know everyone will say it was against 8th stringers...  I guess we'll see now.  If either Nunn or Tate become good recievers, we will have a deep WR corps from a quality but not quantity perspective.  If both become respectable, we will have exceptional depth of "quality".
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with you about Welker and Moss - it's hard to argue about who the best 1/2 combo is but I'm certainly among those pleased with what we currently have.  I guess the concern is that, for a team that runs a lot of 3 and 4 receiver packages, we only have three active receivers right now.  Sure - Watson and Baker can move out wide but it's not the same type of mismatch.  Without question there is an addition on the way if Edelman's injury is as serious as reported. 

I think Tate is going to need more time coming off of an injury - I just took a look at how he was primarily a returner (a great one) until his senior year.  In that senior year he also missed more than half the season.  That's a small sample to use to judge him for the position.  My guess is they'll take one step at a time in allowing him to come back and putting him in as a returner still takes the load off of some of our starters.

I guess it would just be nice to think they have a player waiting in the reserves who can make an impact.  It's nicer to think we were all high on the guy before his addition to the roster appeared to become a necessity.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BREAKING NEWS NUNN TO START!! They are down 2 WR's and there are two in the waiting room...Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

BB and crew would not release Galloway if they did not have a backup plan. Tate can not be the backup plan at WR - it has to be Nunn. Nunn has been through preseason and the first 6 games - let's hope that is enough to perform.

Sections
Shortcuts