BREAKING NEWS NUNN TO START!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from timsandra. Show timsandra's posts

Re: BREAKING NEWS NUNN TO START!!

BREAKING NEWS YOUR AN IDIOT!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from steveleary. Show steveleary's posts

I have to support 'andrewmcintosh' in noting that it is hard to question personnel decisions as fans, and the clamor over T. Nunn is a good example. I also hope that he turns out to be as good as he appeared in preseason, but at same time BB and staff overall make good decisions as to what players put team in best chance to win.

It seems that so many forget the postings last season with constant rips on keeping Matt Cassel on roster...yet he led team to 11-5 which was amazing! Go back a bit and recall the clamor over QB's Rohan Davey and Michael Bishop..and ask how many ex-Pats are major contributors elsewhere?

Until shown otherwise, I'll continue to put my faith in BB and staff with these decisions.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

In Response to Re: BREAKING NEWS NUNN TO START!!:
    [QUOTE]I have to support 'andrewmcintosh' in noting that it is hard to question personnel decisions as fans, and the clamor over T. Nunn is a good example. I also hope that he turns out to be as good as he appeared in preseason, but at same time BB and staff overall make good decisions as to what players put team in best chance to win. It seems that so many forget the postings last season with constant rips on keeping Matt Cassel on roster...yet he led team to 11-5 which was amazing! Go back a bit and recall the clamor over QB's Rohan Davey and Michael Bishop..and ask how many ex-Pats are major contributors elsewhere? Until shown otherwise, I'll continue to put my faith in BB and staff with these decisions.
    Posted by steveleary[/QUOTE]

Yes you are right, but some of us like discussing it. Since this week is England, like the Brits say, "Its just a bit of fun". I would not get too excited about it one way or another.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dx7. Show dx7's posts

Yes, you're right it could be hypothetical. But given all of the other fact in this case -- I think I'm right.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BREAKING NEWS NUNN TO START!! : The last sentence in the Nunn section reads:   (Have you ever been to England?) No, it' going to be new to me; I've never been that far. I would just guess, assuming I can actually read lol, that this is what is being interpreted as the "slip".  I don't think it's conclusive.  He could have been speaking hypothetically.  However, he did not say "it would be new to me".  He said "it's going to be new to me", as in he is going on the trip.  He would not make the trip being on the practice squad.  I guess even that isn't conclusive.  Who's to say Kraft isn't taking the whole team along for the experience... Anyway, it's certainly open for interpretation.  Aside from this article, who else do they really have?  They are down 2 WR's and there are two in the waiting room...
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dx7. Show dx7's posts

They gave Aiken that extension for his special teams prowess. He's a serviceable number 4 at best. Denver totally took him out of the game. 

Someone like Nunn or Tate would be far more difficult to contend with. Yes, I think Nunn is that good. I have an eye for football talent and that kid has it! I haven't seen much of Tate, but I'll trust our scouts on that one.

-- dx7

[QUOTE]AIKEN AIKEN AIKEN... they just gave him a 2 year extension for a reason on Monday.
    Posted by Nooyorkachusettes[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to BREAKING NEWS NUNN TO START!!:

"If the Patriots don’t think Tate is ready, another option exists in wide receiver Terrence Nunn, a practice squad player who as of yesterday was still not certain whether he was traveling to London." from the Pats site today.

This sounds more like conjecture than Breaking News

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimKe. Show JimKe's posts

[QUOTE]I would have picked this guy to make the roster ahead of Galloway and Aiken. I thought he earned it in preseason. I think he was a lot like Gaspar when he began making an impression. He catches the ball. Not flashy but he goes where he's supposed to go and holds on to it.  I haven't been impressed with Aiken at all. Last week anyone caught have made catches so one good game doesn't change my opinion of him. I'd put Nunn higher on the list than Aiken that won't happen yet. 
    Posted by Macrawn[/QUOTE]
    I was impressed by Nunn in the Giant's preseason game.  He reached out and caught a pass one handed.  I was disappointed when they kept Galloway
    and not Nunn.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

actually im more stoked on seeing moss,and welker have big games like last sunday.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

[QUOTE]It's sad to think this would actually excite anyone.  Even sadder is the possibility that this could happen.  Look, we only have three active WR's on the roster and Aiken, frankly, is about as important to the offense as Kelly Washington was.  I think it's realistic that either Nunn or Tate could see extended action this season and even on Sunday. It works to our advantage that they play the Bucs on Sunday.  Any other team they would be running 2 WR, 2 TE formations all day long.  They could easily get out to a 14-0 lead and implement either one in a 3 wide package.  If they get out to an early lead do not expect it to stop - I would take the over in this game.  I think New England is finding their groove right now against these practice squad teams and they want to get some work in prior to the Bye.
    Posted by SonnyCorlione[/QUOTE]

I think the reason people are getting excited is because we are looking foward to see what type of player Nunn is when it really counts.  I would be nice to just go with what we got with 3wr/2te, but thats all that we have is 3wr and 2te.

Did anyone even notice that we only have two TE's?  I think thats important as well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BREAKING NEWS NUNN TO START!! : I think the reason people are getting excited is because we are looking foward to see what type of player Nunn is when it really counts.  I would be nice to just go with what we got with 3wr/2te, but thats all that we have is 3wr and 2te. Did anyone even notice that we only have two TE's?  I think thats important as well.
    Posted by patsfaninsatx[/QUOTE]

You bring up a fair point about Tight Ends but just six weeks ago we had 4 solid Ends in camp and we've come to only have two.  It would appear to me like they are moving away from that being a central position on the offense but it is noteworthy should there be an injury to either player.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dx7. Show dx7's posts

It appears the entire practice squad is being flown over. I'm sticking with my hypothesis. Nunn will start.

-- dx7

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BREAKING NEWS NUNN TO START!! : I was thinking the same thing. At first Nunn says that he does not know if he is going to England or not - it is up to BB. And then he talks about being over there, so he must be thinking he is going. Why fly him over to watch the game? There are two spots for LeVoir, Nunn and Tate. I assume it is LeVoir and Nunn. In my simple opinion, I think it is nuts to activate Tate after he has been out of football for a year, never played in the NFL and never practiced with the Pats (even if he claims to have memorized the playbook).
    Posted by One-If-By-Sea[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]It appears the entire practice squad is being flown over. I'm sticking with my hypothesis. Nunn will start. http://espn.go.com/boston/columns/patriots/blog?post=4585919&name=patriots -- dx7 In Response to Re: BREAKING NEWS NUNN TO START!! :
    Posted by dx7[/QUOTE]

Please try to refrain from linking to anything appearing on the National Enquirer of Sports or as another poster put it BSPN

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Nunn MAY be activated, but theres no chance he starts over Moss, Welker, or Aiken.  None.

Also, saying "Aiken was completely taken out of the game by Denver" is a little unfair.  Aiken was covered by Champ Bailey the entire game, because Denver didn't shift Bailey to Moss' side.  Moss was taken out of a game by Revis earlier this year, and you rag on Aiken for being taken out by Bailey?  Bailey can make the best receivers in the league look useless.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dx7. Show dx7's posts

Despite whatever delusions Revis had; Moss was double covered most of that game. But I won't quibble over it. 

Aiken still should have been able to catch a couple of balls, even with Bailey covering him. Aiken is a career special teams ace, and has no chance of becoming a good number 3 receiver.

-- dx

[QUOTE]Nunn MAY be activated, but theres no chance he starts over Moss, Welker, or Aiken.  None. Also, saying "Aiken was completely taken out of the game by Denver" is a little unfair.  Aiken was covered by Champ Bailey the entire game, because Denver didn't shift Bailey to Moss' side.  Moss was taken out of a game by Revis earlier this year, and you rag on Aiken for being taken out by Bailey?  Bailey can make the best receivers in the league look useless.
    Posted by pyegian[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

I don't understand, you said you had breaking news that Nunn is to start, but he's not even on the 53 man roster.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to BREAKING NEWS NUNN TO START!!:
    [QUOTE]Nunn, just slipped during an interview, and it certainly sounds like he's traveling to London with the team. Read the Boston.com blog and let me know what you think. Another clue is most practice squad players don't give media interviews. Tate has only practiced once so far; he can't possibly be ready to play on Sunday. -- dx
    Posted by dx7[/QUOTE]

If they go to 4 wide I don't doubt he will see time. I don't believe we have any choice. As a Nebraska fan I can't wait to see how he does. He was arguably the best wide out we ever had including Fryar.

Sections
Shortcuts