Breakout Game for Brady?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Breakout Game for Brady?

With Welker returning to the lineup, is this the Breakout game for Tom Brady?  I believe it is!   Right now the Ravens are 17th in pass defense.  And those stats are against two of the very worse teams in the league.  I expect Brady to have a very big game and put all his critics to rest.  The Ravens are tops against the rush, so I expect Brady to air it out quite abit.  The Pats underrated D should have a big game against an overrated offense.  The Ravens have very average WR's and if the Pats put up points, the Ravens will have to abandon the run.  I haven't watched too many Ravens games, but if Flacco  has to air it out, he'll be exposed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ritchie-az. Show Ritchie-az's posts

Re: Breakout Game for Brady?

I hope so.

But if not this game, it will be soon.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

This is a tough out this week. Even if TB looks like he has returned to form this week. The Raven's D make his number pedestrian. But I do see a win against them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I can't agree more. I've been posting it most of the week and even went out to say Pats 38-10. The routes have been a little off, TB's passes have been high but that all stops this week. Welker's back and that will make the difference. 
    The only area I'm worrying about is their run up the gut. Sands and Guyton have a huge week.

Let's Go!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from samic. Show samic's posts

In Response to Breakout Game for Brady?:
    With Welker returning to the lineup, is this the Breakout game for Tom Brady?  I believe it is!   Right now the Ravens are 17th in pass defense.  And those stats are against two of the very worse teams in the league.  I expect Brady to have a very big game and put all his critics to rest.  The Ravens are tops against the rush, so I expect Brady to air it out quite abit.  The Pats underrated D should have a big game against an overrated offense.  The Ravens have very average WR's and if the Pats put up points, the Ravens will have to abandon the run.  I haven't watched too many Ravens games, but if Flacco  has to air it out, he'll be exposed.
    Posted by Grogan77

No offense, but maybe you should follow us a little closer before you make assumptions about our team. I know you want to feel a little more comfortable going into this game, but there are a few things that you should keep in mind. Most of the pass yards we gave up were against SD, not the Browns or KC. Let's see what caused matchup problems agaist the Chargers. Their receiver corps is huge. Almost all of their receivers are around 6"5, except Chambers. I think our DB's matchup better with the Pats. Obviously Moss and Welker are huge threats, but they can be neutralizied. We also have to account for Kevin Faulk, who has shown that he can be very dangerous, a la Darren Sproles. If the Ravens dominate the line of scrimmage, it will be a long day for Brady.

Don't sleep on our offense either. We also have a lot of weapons to account for. And with Cam Cameron pulling the strings, I know we will be prepared offensively. You also have to stop that three-headed monster in the backfield. We also hold onto the ball just as long as the Pats have. I look forward to our matchup on Sunday. Either way it will be a great game. You guys have a good team, it will be a good challenge. Everyone is saying that we are going to measure ourselves against you guys and see where we come up. So we will see.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

This is going to be a fun game to watch and I think they will have a big passing game 450 or so and it just might open up the running game enough so as a team they might get 100 plus on the ground. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

hey Samic
    I agree that the ravens are a good team. I even posted it above. But you can't make a statement based on your heart and go back and refer to it as a fact.

you said "Obviously Moss and Welker are huge threats, but they can be neutralizied." How? By whom? I know you want this to happen. But that doesn't make it a fact. Just a wish. and BTW. noone have been able to do that in the past.

I think the real pivot on this game is squarely on #12. As TB goes so the Pats go. I think our D will hold it's own against your much improved O. I think the trend continues and we hold you under 20pts.

all in all a good post though.. I too am looking forward to seeing this game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

In Response to Re: Breakout Game for Brady?:
    In Response to Breakout Game for Brady? : No offense, but maybe you should follow us a little closer before you make assumptions about our team. I know you want to feel a little more comfortable going into this game, but there are a few things that you should keep in mind. Most of the pass yards we gave up were against SD, not the Browns or KC. Let's see what caused matchup problems agaist the Chargers. Their receiver corps is huge. Almost all of their receivers are around 6"5, except Chambers. I think our DB's matchup better with the Pats. Obviously Moss and Welker are huge threats, but they can be neutralizied. We also have to account for Kevin Faulk, who has shown that he can be very dangerous, a la Darren Sproles. If the Ravens dominate the line of scrimmage, it will be a long day for Brady. Don't sleep on our offense either. We also have a lot of weapons to account for. And with Cam Cameron pulling the strings, I know we will be prepared offensively. You also have to stop that three-headed monster in the backfield. We also hold onto the ball just as long as the Pats have. I look forward to our matchup on Sunday. Either way it will be a great game. You guys have a good team, it will be a good challenge. Everyone is saying that we are going to measure ourselves against you guys and see where we come up. So we will see.
    Posted by samic

The Ravens are a really good team but if the Pats O breaks it open like 07 it won't matter. Between timing and TB being high with some passes they've been real close and to be honest I've never seen them leave more points on the field as they have so far. I think TB was finally tired of it last week as we all saw live and it won't be tolerated this week.
    The run is going to be the only thing that can save the Ravens. They need TOP because every three and out means points for the Pats.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

I say if not this week, next week (who do the pats have?). 

This week may be difficult just because they are playing the Ravens D.  If he does break out, it will be a VERY big deal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PurpleKoolaid. Show PurpleKoolaid's posts

Keep dreaming NE fans. It doesn't matter how many points Brady puts up. Flacco will simply outscore him. Ask Phillip Rivers. Plus our D-line v. your O-line? Oh baby, it's going to be fun. Will see if Brady will even have time to look down the field when he is being chased by Ray-Ray.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from samic. Show samic's posts

hey Samic I agree that the ravens are a good team. I even posted it above. But you can't make a statement based on your heart and go back and refer to it as a fact. you said "Obviously Moss and Welker are huge threats, but they can be neutralizied." How? By whom? I know you want this to happen. But that doesn't make it a fact. Just a wish. and BTW. noone have been able to do that in the past. I think the real pivot on this game is squarely on #12. As TB goes so the Pats go. I think our D will hold it's own against your much improved O. I think the trend continues and we hold you under 20pts. all in all a good post though.. I too am looking forward to seeing this game.
    Posted by justme2

I understand where you're coming from, but it has been done. Darrelle Revis held him down against the jets. And against us in '07 both Welker and Moss were restrained for most of the game. So it is not really a heart statement. It has been done before.

Let me say this now, players like Moss and Welker, will make their plays, you just have to try and limit them. If we can get to Tom, which I think we can, Moss and Welker can be neutralized. We have one of the best front seven's in the league, it is not just about the secondary, but the entire defense. If you don't give TB a lot of time in the pocket, his receivers don't have that much time to get open.

To go from scoring 34 PPG to under 20 will be a huge drop off for our O. That's kind of hard to imagine. But you guys have a good defense that has been playing well, and I don't see us putting up 34 points in every game. But we do have a lot of weapons to attack a defense. People say our receivers are pedestrian. We may not have a Moss, TO, Andre Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald, but to sleep on our receivers would be a mistake. When you have more than seven guys catching passes and making plays it's difficult to defend. But the key to our O this year has been the line. They are playing at a really high level. So if you want to look at where the battle lines will be drawn just watch the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball during the game.

This struggle will be great to watch. I love when our D goes against elite offenses. They make for great games. Very rarely does our D not show up. I think they will be prepared to play and play well. We'll see on gameday.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PurpleKoolaid. Show PurpleKoolaid's posts

Samic,

I think the Ravens are going to win this game because they will win the physical battle. Plain and simple. Not to mention Flacco will outscore Brady hands down. Ed Reed will be ball hawking in the secondary. Our secondary came up big with 5 interceptions last game. Terrell Suggs will have Brady on the run. It's over baby. Break out the champagne.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from samic. Show samic's posts

In Response to Re: Breakout Game for Brady? : The Ravens are a really good team but if the Pats O breaks it open like 07 it won't matter. Between timing and TB being high with some passes they've been real close and to be honest I've never seen them leave more points on the field as they have so far. I think TB was finally tired of it last week as we all saw live and it won't be tolerated this week. The run is going to be the only thing that can save the Ravens. They need TOP because every three and out means points for the Pats.
    Posted by Sam-Adams

No offense has scored on us every time they have the ball. That's not realistic and it is not going to happen. San Diego has a more explosive offense and they couldn't do it. Keep in mind that our red zone defense has been near perfect so far. Which may mean that TB will have to look for big pass plays. We will see if the SD game was an aberration and if our secondary will continue their ball-hawking ways. We've been known to pick off a few. What I do know is that so far this season, everytime we had the ball on O we've driven down the field and scored on most of our opportunities. So it will be a challenge for you guys as well. We'll see on gameday.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from samic. Show samic's posts

Samic, I think the Ravens are going to win this game because they will win the physical battle. Plain and simple. Not to mention Flacco will outscore Brady hands down. Ed Reed will be ball hawking in the secondary. Our secondary came up big with 5 interceptions last game. Terrell Suggs will have Brady on the run. It's over baby. Break out the champagne.
    Posted by PurpleKoolaid

I admire your enthusiasm and confidence. But I won't come outright and say we will win this game because anything can happen on gameday. Do I think we can win: Yes. Do I think it's hopeless and we should pack it up now and just hand it to them because it's the PATS: absolutely not. But you still have to give them respect. They are a good team. They don't get embarrassed often. And I'm sure they are still a little pissed off about the Jets game and want to prove that they won't be beaten twice by similar teams. It will be a good well fought game. I hate to see blowouts, unless it is us doing the blowing. And honestly we've dropped some duds in the past (Giants and Colts last year come to mind). So I just want us to compete and play like Ravens, let the chips fall where they may.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JBonesky. Show JBonesky's posts

Yeah Brady will probably throw 5 interceptions cuz he does stuff like that all the time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from samic. Show samic's posts

Yeah Brady will probably throw 5 interceptions cuz he does stuff like that all the time.
    Posted by JBonesky

Nobody said that, but if he throws one or two (which he has done before) we are one of the best teams in turning interceptions or TO's into points.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from saigonsmuggler. Show saigonsmuggler's posts

So PurpleKoolaid, you just signed up on this board yesterday to troll the Pats fans? LOL

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

In Response to Re: Breakout Game for Brady? : I admire your enthusiasm and confidence. But I won't come outright and say we will win this game because anything can happen on gameday. Do I think we can win: Yes. Do I think it's hopeless and we should pack it up now and just hand it to them because it's the PATS: absolutely not. But you still have to give them respect. They are a good team. They don't get embarrassed often. And I'm sure they are still a little pissed off about the Jets game and want to prove that they won't be beaten twice by similar teams. It will be a good well fought game. I hate to see blowouts, unless it is us doing the blowing. And honestly we've dropped some duds in the past (Giants and Colts last year come to mind). So I just want us to compete and play like Ravens, let the chips fall where they may.
    Posted by samic

Wow, I'm impressed. I totally agree with your point on the Jets game. This was a game they had in the first half and let it get away for not executing in the red zone. This D was nasty quick (faster than what I think the Ravens have) and if not for a rusty TB and bad timing a W like I said. Another point I haven't seen raised yet is how many times has Flacco seen a complicated BB defense? It made Ryan looked like a tourist trying to figure out a Boston rotary in rush hour last week in the second half and only got the ball to Gonzalez once the entire game. I see the Pats O firing like they should, The D stopping the run and Flacco having to throw from behind against something he's never seen before.

Nice post though, maybe it'll show the koolaid dude you don't have to go over the top EVERYTIME!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oakstreetfunding. Show oakstreetfunding's posts

This will be a great game!  As a Colts fan I'm rooting for the Pats and believe the Ravens are over-rated the Pats will pick them apart.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PurpleKoolaid. Show PurpleKoolaid's posts

This will be a great game!  As a Colts fan I'm rooting for the Pats and believe the Ravens are over-rated the Pats will pick them apart.
    Posted by oakstreetfunding

Sounds to me like a fan worried about the Colts-Ravens matchup. Time will tell whether they are overrate, but they sure are on the right track, and Pats and Colts fans have good reasons to be scared

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from oakstreetfunding. Show oakstreetfunding's posts

In Response to Re: Breakout Game for Brady? : Sounds to me like a fan worried about the Colts-Ravens matchup. Time will tell whether they are overrate, but they sure are on the right track, and Pats and Colts fans have good reasons to be scared
    Posted by PurpleKoolaid

Are you kidding? The Colts own the Ravens :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PurpleKoolaid. Show PurpleKoolaid's posts

In Response to Re: Breakout Game for Brady? : Wow, I'm impressed. I totally agree with your point on the Jets game. This was a game they had in the first half and let it get away for not executing in the red zone. This D was nasty quick (faster than what I think the Ravens have) and if not for a rusty TB and bad timing a W like I said. Another point I haven't seen raised yet is how many times has Flacco seen a complicated BB defense? It made Ryan looked like a tourist trying to figure out a Boston rotary in rush hour last week in the second half and only got the ball to Gonzalez once the entire game. I see the Pats O firing like they should, The D stopping the run and Flacco having to throw from behind against something he's never seen before. Nice post though, maybe it'll show the koolaid dude you don't have to go over the top EVERYTIME!
    Posted by Sam-Adams

Stop living in the past. The only thing the Pats offense is going to light up is Bellicheat's blood pressure. Didn't the San Diego game show you that Flacco will outthrow/outscore you? What makes your offense this year better than that of SD?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Koolaid - If there is one team whose number the colts have had, its the Ravens.  And the changes that have taken place, I believe benefit the colts.  Raven's D is older.  DC is gone.  And although the Raven's O is better (particularly passing) the colts secondary is the best and deepest in years.  Please note the effectiveness of two rookie DB's covering Larry Fitzgerald and Anquain Boldin (Although Boldin was effective) last week.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PurpleKoolaid. Show PurpleKoolaid's posts

In Response to Re: Breakout Game for Brady? : Are you kidding? The Colts own the Ravens :)
    Posted by oakstreetfunding

Another one living in the past. Yes the Colts have owned the Ravens in the past, and yes they have had great teams, but in the last couple of years they have escaped with some very close wins. They are still a good team, but the Ravens RIGHT NOW are a more complete and better team, and after they beat the Pats on Sunday you will have more reason to be scared for this year and years to come.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PurpleKoolaid. Show PurpleKoolaid's posts

Koolaid - If there is one team whose number the colts have had, its the Ravens.  And the changes that have taken place, I believe benefit the colts.  Raven's D is older.  DC is gone.  And although the Raven's O is better (particularly passing) the colts secondary is the best and deepest in years.  Please note the effectiveness of two rookie DB's covering Larry Fitzgerald and Anquain Boldin (Although Boldin was effective) last week.  
    Posted by underdogg

The Colts defense is weak, and downright dreadful. The Ravens don't even have to pass, just run Rice and McGahee down the gut all day long. They could not stop Miami to save their lives, and the Ravens D is light years ahead of the Miami D.

Sections
Shortcuts