Breakout Game for Brady?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

Re: Breakout Game for Brady?

In Response to Re: Breakout Game for Brady?:
    In Response to Re: Breakout Game for Brady? : The Colts defense is weak, and downright dreadful. The Ravens don't even have to pass, just run Rice and McGahee down the gut all day long. They could not stop Miami to save their lives, and the Ravens D is light years ahead of the Miami D.
    Posted by PurpleKoolaid
             The ravens have given up more big plays (10 plays of 20+ yds) than any other team except the Bengals.LMAO,nice defense.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I love it, someone mentions Indy and it's like sweet polly crying out.

PK, are you telling me Norv Turner and BB are equal?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from samic. Show samic's posts

In Response to Re: Breakout Game for Brady? : Wow, I'm impressed. I totally agree with your point on the Jets game. This was a game they had in the first half and let it get away for not executing in the red zone. This D was nasty quick (faster than what I think the Ravens have) and if not for a rusty TB and bad timing a W like I said. Another point I haven't seen raised yet is how many times has Flacco seen a complicated BB defense? It made Ryan looked like a tourist trying to figure out a Boston rotary in rush hour last week in the second half and only got the ball to Gonzalez once the entire game. I see the Pats O firing like they should, The D stopping the run and Flacco having to throw from behind against something he's never seen before. Nice post though, maybe it'll show the koolaid dude you don't have to go over the top EVERYTIME!
    Posted by Sam-Adams

The Jets are good, but they don't have Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, Haloti Ngata, Trevor Pryce and Ed Reed on their roster. So if you're suggesting that somehow the Jets have a better defense than our, I think you're wrong.

He may not have seen a BB defense, but he sees a Ravens defense everyday in practice. Plus he's faced the Steelers D 3x last year. He's more mature and confident now. What makes you think that he's going to be rattled and unprepared.

Why do you think you can stop our running game? What is your supporting evidence? Here are my reasons you won't: our offensive line has been dominant. Oher and Gaither are two of the best up and coming star tackles in the league. Merriman and Phillips struggled against us. Plus Vince Wilfork is injured and may not play. You need a strong nose takle against us and even then Matt Birk, Ben Grubbs and Chris Chester have been strong in th middle. If our runners hit second gear, they will be difficult to tackle in the open field. Mayo is out and you are playing AD out of position. Will he be as effective playing MLB against the run? Our o-line plays to the whistle and block well downfield, not to mention, our TE also does a good job blocking for our runners.

I look forward to your rebuttal.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from samic. Show samic's posts

In Response to Re: Breakout Game for Brady? :          The ravens have given up more big plays (10 plays of 20+ yds) than any other team except the Bengals.LMAO,nice defense.
    Posted by cowtherabbit-

Most of which came from one game, SD. Trust me, adjustments have been made. That's not likely to happen again. The scoreboard at the end of the game is what is important.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from samic. Show samic's posts

Koolaid - If there is one team whose number the colts have had, its the Ravens.  And the changes that have taken place, I believe benefit the colts.  Raven's D is older.  DC is gone.  And although the Raven's O is better (particularly passing) the colts secondary is the best and deepest in years.  Please note the effectiveness of two rookie DB's covering Larry Fitzgerald and Anquain Boldin (Although Boldin was effective) last week.  
    Posted by underdogg

Umm, how are you going to stop the run though? Bob's out, Freeney's out. Don't tell me Indy is going to just light it up because our D is old! Because they certainly aren't playing old. And actually we've gotten younger across the board, secondary, LB and D-line and still playing at a high level. Please Arizona is not the Ravens. Come again next time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PurpleKoolaid. Show PurpleKoolaid's posts

In Response to Re: Breakout Game for Brady? : The Jets are good, but they don't have Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, Haloti Ngata, Trevor Pryce and Ed Reed on their roster. So if you're suggesting that somehow the Jets have a better defense than our, I think you're wrong. He may not have seen a BB defense, but he sees a Ravens defense everyday in practice. Plus he's faced the Steelers D 3x last year. He's more mature and confident now. What makes you think that he's going to be rattled and unprepared. Why do you think you can stop our running game? What is your supporting evidence? Here are my reasons you won't: our offensive line has been dominant. Oher and Gaither are two of the best up and coming star tackles in the league. Merriman and Phillips struggled against us. Plus Vince Wilfork is injured and may not play. You need a strong nose takle against us and even then Matt Birk, Ben Grubbs and Chris Chester have been strong in th middle. If our runners hit second gear, they will be difficult to tackle in the open field. Mayo is out and you are playing AD out of position. Will he be as effective playing MLB against the run? Our o-line plays to the whistle and block well downfield, not to mention, our TE also does a good job blocking for our runners. I look forward to your rebuttal.
    Posted by samic

Samic,

Fans will be fans, but when someone calls the Ravens defense weak they lose total credibility. Ray Lewis showed in San Diego why he is still an elite linebacker and why he will be a first ballot HOF along with Ed Reed. Tom Brady himself said he'd like Ed Reed to take the day off this Sunday. He respects him. Our young O-line is turning heads around the league. Our Defense is as fierce and physical as it has always been. Have they had some letdowns in the secondary? Yes, but when your offense puts up 34 PPG you don't need to be perfect back there. And let's not forget they had 5 picks last week.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from HumanCanoe. Show HumanCanoe's posts

In Response to Re: Breakout Game for Brady? : The Jets are good, but they don't have Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, Haloti Ngata, Trevor Pryce and Ed Reed on their roster. So if you're suggesting that somehow the Jets have a better defense than our, I think you're wrong. He may not have seen a BB defense, but he sees a Ravens defense everyday in practice. Plus he's faced the Steelers D 3x last year. He's more mature and confident now. What makes you think that he's going to be rattled and unprepared. Why do you think you can stop our running game? What is your supporting evidence? Here are my reasons you won't: our offensive line has been dominant. Oher and Gaither are two of the best up and coming star tackles in the league. Merriman and Phillips struggled against us. Plus Vince Wilfork is injured and may not play. You need a strong nose takle against us and even then Matt Birk, Ben Grubbs and Chris Chester have been strong in th middle. If our runners hit second gear, they will be difficult to tackle in the open field. Mayo is out and you are playing AD out of position. Will he be as effective playing MLB against the run? Our o-line plays to the whistle and block well downfield, not to mention, our TE also does a good job blocking for our runners. I look forward to your rebuttal.
    Posted by samic

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leon-1. Show Leon-1's posts

Maybe a Broken Up weekend for Brady.Broken up by the Ravens D!
    How's Brady's glass knee and shoulder holding up?

Any news on how much $$ Brady paid those photographer's that his goons shot at?
    Too many distractions!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from HumanCanoe. Show HumanCanoe's posts

I cannot believe you said that Flacco faced the Steeler's D 3x last year as a way to defend him being able to go against BB's D this year. They lost all three of those games!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PurpleKoolaid. Show PurpleKoolaid's posts

In Response to Re: Breakout Game for Brady? : I cannot believe you said that Flacco faced the Steeler's D 3x last year as a way to defend him being able to go against BB's D this year. They lost all three of those games!
    Posted by HumanCanoe

Dude. He told you Flacco practices against the Ravens D. Do you need more? Our D vs. your D, you will lose that argument any day. Right now Flacco is playing better than Brady especially in the red zone. I like our chances.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Samic, to your first point you're wrong. The Jets D is ranked 3rd right now and the Ravens are 7th (the Pats are 6th by the way so to the PK comment at 12:18pm take this as my rebuttal). 
    The second point was already taken care of by HumanCanoe, not a great point by the way. I don't think he'll be rattled I know he will. 
    You mention Wilfork being on the IP list but you don't mention Pryce, Lewis, Heap and some others. Wilfork will be missed (if he doesn't start) but even if he doesn't we're going to take our chances with 6'8" 355 lb Sands. Even if he stands there it'll be tough to go up the gut.
    Mayo will definitely be out but he was out last week and Guyton filled the hole. All they did with that was hold Michael Turner to 53yds.

This could be a good close game but only if two things happen, one is the Ravens can control the TOP running it and Two is if the Pats don't have that breakout game we all know is coming Sunday. I know it's bad luck that it'll happen against you guys but that's just the way the schedule was drawn up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

Running defense,Ravens Rank 1, Patriots rank 10

• Passing defense Ravens rank 17/18(tied with Houston), Patriots rank 6.
    • Total defense Ravens rank 7,Patriots rank 6
    • Scoring defense ranks,Ravens tied 9/10 with Atlanta,Pats tied 7/8 with Pitt

Considering the level of competition both teams have gone against,there's not much of an advantage for either team on defense.
    Offense,

• Pats ranked 5,Ravens 2 total offense,
    • Ravens Offense vs. opposing scoring defense ( KC rank 27,SD rank 19,Clev rank 32)
    • Pats Offense vs  opposing scoring defense(Jets rank 2,Bills rank 24,Atlanta tied 9/10 with Baltimore)
    • Opposing teams combined W/L records,Ravens  2-7,Pats 6-3
    • It's obvious that Balt's offense has had a cake walk while NE's offense has gone against legitimate defensive units.
    • We lost a game by a TD,Balt is unbeaten. IMO this is the game of the week between to two very good teams who match up well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I just read the noontime front page and both Wilfork and Mayo are practicing today. It looks like both are ahead of schedule for returning.

I also read something hilarious, if you go to week 4 predictions 4 of the 6 writers for the Baltimore Sun are picking the Pats. I think some of you out there should scamper back to the home sites and try to convince your own sports writers they can win this week.

You can't make this up?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from burdge1. Show burdge1's posts

Samic, I think the Ravens are going to win this game because they will win the physical battle. Plain and simple. Not to mention Flacco will outscore Brady hands down. Ed Reed will be ball hawking in the secondary. Our secondary came up big with 5 interceptions last game. Terrell Suggs will have Brady on the run. It's over baby. Break out the champagne.
    Posted by PurpleKoolaid

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from burdge1. Show burdge1's posts

PurpleKoolAid - If you think that you are going to get 5 interceptions against the Pats just becase you got 5 interceptions against the JV Cleveland Browns, you are drinking more than KoolAid my friend.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

"I know you want to feel a little more comfortable going into this game, but there are a few things that you should keep in mind. Most of the pass yards we gave up were against SD, not the Browns or KC."

Samic, I seem to remember Brodie Croyle throwing over 300 on you guys. I have not checked this as a fact but I remember thinking it was interesting to see KC move the ball on Baltimore.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Patriots' inability to score in the red zone is statistically from too small a sample size to be relevant.  My guess is this week they'll catch those touchdowns and maybe drop a couple of non-touchdowns instead. 

The only real arguments for the Patriots' red-zone inabilities is the Patriots' dependance on the passing game to set up the running game, all the new guys acting confused and dropping everything in sight, and possibly Brady's not being on target for long passes yet.  The first argument is a real argument.  The latter arguments are just a matter of time.

I've heard that Ed Reed is an outstanding pass defender and the rest of the Ravens' backfield is like Chesapeake Bay after all the fish die from an algae bloom.  So, given lots and lots of choices, where will Brady throw the ball?  Not to Ed Reed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from boston006. Show boston006's posts

BREAKOUT GAME???  Not too sure about that but I do see a win for the PATS...  I believe it will be soon and I will feel bad for the TEAM the PAT'S are going to be Playing as they will not know what hit them.  Go PATS all the way...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

In Response to Breakout Game for Brady? : No offense, but maybe you should follow us a little closer before you make assumptions about our team. I know you want to feel a little more comfortable going into this game, but there are a few things that you should keep in mind. Most of the pass yards we gave up were against SD, not the Browns or KC. Let's see what caused matchup problems agaist the Chargers. Their receiver corps is huge. Almost all of their receivers are around 6"5, except Chambers. I think our DB's matchup better with the Pats. Obviously Moss and Welker are huge threats, but they can be neutralizied. We also have to account for Kevin Faulk, who has shown that he can be very dangerous, a la Darren Sproles. If the Ravens dominate the line of scrimmage, it will be a long day for Brady. Don't sleep on our offense either. We also have a lot of weapons to account for. And with Cam Cameron pulling the strings, I know we will be prepared offensively. You also have to stop that three-headed monster in the backfield. We also hold onto the ball just as long as the Pats have. I look forward to our matchup on Sunday. Either way it will be a great game. You guys have a good team, it will be a good challenge. Everyone is saying that we are going to measure ourselves against you guys and see where we come up. So we will see.
    Posted by samic

Samic, backup Brodie Croyle had 177 yds and 2 td's against your defense.  And I would hardly call K.C. an offensive powerhouse.  And call me a homer all you want, but I still say Brady and Co. is better than the Chargers offensive unit.  And Rivers torched you guys for 400+ and 2 TD's.   I give credit for the Ravens having the best D against the run, but your backfield will be exposed. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from samic. Show samic's posts

In Response to Re: Breakout Game for Brady? : I cannot believe you said that Flacco faced the Steeler's D 3x last year as a way to defend him being able to go against BB's D this year. They lost all three of those games!
    Posted by HumanCanoe

The point was that he has faced complicated defenses before, similar to a BB defense. And if you're implying that he hasn't improved from last year from having those experiences, you're sorely mistaken.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from samic. Show samic's posts

In Response to Re: Breakout Game for Brady? :   Samic, backup Brodie Croyle had 177 yds and 2 td's against your defense.  And I would hardly call K.C. an offensive powerhouse.  And call me a homer all you want, but I still say Brady and Co. is better than the Chargers offensive unit.  And Rivers torched you guys for 400+ and 2 TD's.   I give credit for the Ravens having the best D against the run, but your backfield will be exposed. 
    Posted by Grogan77

One of those TD's was after a TO in our territory. I'll spot you the second. But 177 yds is pedestrian. Our D dominated the KC game, look at the game and you will see. And sorry to disappoint you but the Chargers O top you guys in yards and points and they still couldn't beat us when it came down to it. Don't forget about our redzone defense against them. 5 Attempts, 0 touchdowns. And that is against bigger receivers than the Pats.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Initially, I thought he would be back in the groove by week four or five and you are just about on it with your projection. I'm certianly no football guru but I think T/B's performance season to date is a notch or two behind where it should  if Weker had stayed healthy and the running game were more consistent.  So much of what he does has to be built on confidence and I'm questioning if he still isn't a game or two away from that point with all offensive cylinders firing.

Let's see and I hope I'm wrong and you're right.....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

And sorry to disappoint you but the Chargers O top you guys in yards and points and they still couldn't beat us when it came down to it. Don't forget about our redzone defense against them. 5 Attempts, 0 touchdowns. And that is against bigger receivers than the Pats.
    Posted by samic

Sorry to disappoint you, but the Pats rank 5th in total offense and the Chargers are 8th, and that's without Wes Welker.  And to think Wes doesn't make a difference, he led the league in Receptions last time he and Brady played a full season. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from samic. Show samic's posts

In Response to Re: Breakout Game for Brady? : Sorry to disappoint you, but the Pats rank 5th in total offense and the Chargers are 8th, and that's without Wes Welker.  And to think Wes doesn't make a difference, he led the league in Receptions last time he and Brady played a full season. 
    Posted by Grogan77

Yeah, but if you're watching the replay of the '07 game, we held Welker down all game. And our '07 team was depleted by injuries at that time, with Kyle Boller at QB. Total offense is inclusive of the running game, SD has none right now. We were talking about the Ravens secondary and the passing game. According to the stats on NFL.com SD's offense in passing is ranked above you guys, and has done better in points and yards. Which leads me to conclude that their offensive passing game has been better than NE's, to this point. Oh, and just a little note for you, we rank #1 in rush defense. Rush yards will come at a premium for Fred Taylor and Maroney.

Now, we lost that '07 game, but there are a few things to take away from it. We dominated the line of scrimmage on offense and defense. You guys couldn't block Ngata all game. We had guys teeing off on Brady. McGahee ran roughshod over you guys, and Kyle Boller shredded your secondary!! Kyle Boller. Your vaunted '07 team, with that high octane offense had difficulty moving the ball on us in their record setting year. That's TB at his best folks, and we were a few calls going your way and a costly timeout away from ruining your 16-0 regular season.

But that was two years ago and the teams are not the same. We're under a new regime and our offensive identity is changing, our team is establishing a new identity. TB is trying to get back to form, and some of your players are trying to get back on the field from injury. Not to mention you guys lost Bruschi, Vrabel, Harrison, Seau, Seymour. You guys still have a good team. Your defense is playing well and your offense is still in the top of the league. I have one question for you though: Is Joe Flacco better than Kyle Boller? Surprised

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

So PurpleKoolaid, you just signed up on this board yesterday to troll the Pats fans? LOL
    Posted by saigonsmuggler

Both samic and purplekoolaid started on the same day with very similar points of view = same poster!!

Sections
Shortcuts